Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-18-2012, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Guess who woke up sick? Remember the other day when I said hubby kept taking swigs of my water? I didn't think about it at the time, but he had a cold. Between that and the fact that I'm having a birthday pizza dinner tonight at my dad's (my birthday's tomorrow), I think today might not be so good. Going to try to work my calories around the fact that I'll be stuffing my face with pizza and cake tonight, but I'm 99% sure I'll go over. Oh well, tomorrow is another thread.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
haha Hope - did you say chocolate vodka!?? I think that would probably be my favourite thing if I ever found such a thing! I would totally make a chocolate vodka ice cream shake....oh man..... good thing I don't have any.... and I'm "eating clean"!
I love that idea (of the cake)...would go good with onion rings...I'm bad...sorry!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Get your foot fixed! I had that and it's painful. You can probably get some of the "custom fir" Dr. Scholls inserts to help out. A stationary bike is better than nothing but Plyometrics will burn way more calories in the same time. Have you tried Core Synergistics instead of Plyo?

Hope, I'm sorry. I just took of my tie and the shirt is not quite the same without it. I may snap a quick pic and post it tomorrow.
Would love to see it but no stress.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe - Yay Canada!!! The jungle gym sounds fun! Way better than walking!! Sorry to read about your mom... that sux... that really really sux! You are doing great and you are not doing this for her anyway so don't even worry about it - this is for you!
Where in Canada are you? I'm in Victoria.

Yeah, I know...I don't know why I told her. She never has anything good to say, and I don't listen much to it anyway. If I did, I'd just give up because even at 130 she called me fat. It's her issues, not mine.

Nobe, you had to burn a lot of calories at the playground. Not this week, but occasionally when I'm doing really heavy housework I count it as exercise. So you did well. Honey, major kudos on your weight loss so far! Down 20 since your heaviest weight and 11 lbs. more recently is fantastic. I'm not at all surprised--look at all the green in your report this week! Your red numbers show that you came really, really close. And your protein AVERAGE is WAY better than 17%. Congrats on THAT job well done, too! People who are with us in person very often may not notice our weight loss, but that's certainly no excuse for insensitive remarks. People can only make us feel bad about ourselves if we give them that power. Don't let your Mom have it. We are here for you to congratulate you and root you on with your continuing loss. Big hug to ya!
Thanks! The scale hasn't budged yet this week, but I know I'm being a lot healthier and that feels good. And my official weigh-in day is Wednesday and a lot can happen by then. I'm amazed by how well you're doing too! It's awesome. So much green!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by amalthea1892

How do ya'll get the colors in there? Anyway, here goes!
When you go to post you'll see an "A" with a black line under it, click the drop down arrow next to it.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, congrats for hanging in there and doing a really good job this week. Congrats on your clean eating except for that little package of fruit snacks. And major kudos on losing six lbs. since January and on being just about downsized to fit in those skinnier jeans.

Jho, well you just rocked MY world with your kind words. Oh, man! I cracked up at your goal of getting dressed in the morning. I gotta admit that sometimes it's a major effort myself and I confess to actually having driven my grandkids to school in my flannel jammies and a long sweater--but I didn't have to get out of the car. Aw, that's great that you are looking forward to a new week! Sorry you'll not have the Bachelor this week.

Darlene! Welcome back! I love your pretty springy avatar. Great job putting things in a nutshell. Sorry 'bout your cold. Get well soon! How do you like your job?

Hope, aw, thanks for your kind words on my green report, too. My maternal grandmother was a Milligan and Grandpa drank a lot so I had reason to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with all my green. LOL Kudos! Being up only a pound after the poker party and indulgences is great. Yeah, you can flush that out really soon. Sorry your nose is still stuffy. Did you have a health incident that led to the stress test and echocardiogram or was it follow up on a routine exam? Hey! TYPING plump pimp doesn't count to passing the tongue twister test. LOL I can't say wasps' nests even once correctly! Not exaggerating. DH thinks I'm nuts--I'm sitting her giggling like a fool again.

Nobe, happy birthay tomorrow! Oh, no, sorry you're sick! I hope you feft better by tonight and enjoyed your birthday pizza dinner at your Dad's. Well, there are no food police here to tell you that you can't go off your eating plan for vacations, special occasions, and your own birthday. Like our member Cassie says, it's all about averages. So don't deprive yourself tomorrow, either. I think you're doing a fantastic job. And sometimes it just takes our bodies a while to respond to the good things we're doing for them. Feeling good, knowing your good job is making you healthier goes a long way. Thanks for your kind words on my green.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Popping in here . . .

Just to say you all are doing great -->

And Mern, Wohooooo! on so many levels ~ your follow through on your goals, your weight loss!!!! I'm telling you, I better get busy or else I'm going to see you fly like Dr. Seuss's "Mr Brown is out of Town" dude. Do you know that book? Are you ready for another week?

nobe ~ Awwwww . . . Please take care of yourself. You are doing great otherwise with your goals & coming right back at it. When we don't feel good, it's just all the more challenging, but hang in there! I also have WED has official weigh-in. Although, I do weigh other times. I like how you hold onto the fact that you're making yourself healthier.

Darlene ~ Good to see you again! Keep taking care of yourself. Hope you can tweek in a moment or two for yourself.

Jho82 ~ I love Mondays for this thread too. It's like a brand new, fresh start. I need it after today. Sundays are my days off -- AND supposed to do it with reason. But I had a major weak moment today at my parents' home. Life goes on . . .

Old 03-18-2012, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Luv, OMG, that dancing Smiley is darling! Thanks for that. I'm not familiar with "Mr. Brown is Out of Town." Is that one that was released by Dr. Seuss's wife after his death? My son, now 32, loved Dr. Seuss when he was a kid. He read "Hop on Pop" about a zillion times. LOL Honey, I am PUMPED! I can't believe I'm saying this but as much as I hate exercise, I'm actually looking foward to going to the gym tomorrow. I just love this fat melting away and so hope I can continue down to under 200 before hitting another plateau. OK, so you had a weak moment at your parents' home, but we know you'll jump right back on the wagon. Heck, you're such a leader for us that you'll be DRIVING the wagon.

Going to watch TV. Will catch you all tomorrow. !
Old 03-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Hope, here ya go. Don't mind the double chin!

I wasn't a weekend warrior. I didn't log a thing. I was probably over yesterday and I'm probably way under today. I need to eat soon b/c I need to quit getting up during the night to eat. Speaking of... I felt a little "catch" in the back of my throat when I'd swallow. I noticed it a week or two ago and it's really been aggravating. Not painful just aggravating... kinda like a rock in your shoe (or piss ON your shoe, I figured I'd beat someone to the punch!). The other day I was looking in the vanity mirror in the truck with my big mouth wide open and in the back of my throat, on the right side I see this little white thing. So I reach my finger back there and touch it (don't say ewww, you know you'd do the same damn thing!). I show my GF and she's like "oh that's a tonsil rock." I'm like "wtf?" Well I get home and dig out the tonsil rock... that felt more like a tonsil bolder. I started reading online and realize that this is caused from me getting up during the night and eating. Who would have thought? (Before anyone corrects me and says "it's thunk" I don't care, "Who would have thunk sounds stupid."

Okay part of my problem (lately) is that I'm so damn busy on Monday that I haven't been getting around to making goals. Sundays are pretty slow for me so I'm going to write my goals now for tomorrow and just copy and paste them in then.

Health and Fitness
1) -3000 calories for 6 days
2) No eating past 11pm
3) 5 servings of fruit/veggies
4) Gallon of water
5) Workout 3 times
6) Walk 2 times
7) Daily:
a. Fish oil
b. Vitamin
c. Glucosamine
d. L-Arginine
8) Push 2 people, not counting Tori

Other
1) Write 3 auto policies (b/c pimp daddy needs a new toy)
2) 1 Random act of kindness (saving people money doesn't count)
Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, you look great in that purple shirt--not at all like Barney! Had to chuckle when you said we all know we'd all stick our fingers in the back of our throat to touch a tonsil rock. I'll have to look that up--never heard of it. No, you're right, it's "who would have THOUGHT." LOL Thunk is poor grammar, but I say it in jest sometimes. Very nice goals for next week. Got a good chuckle out of your promising to not push Tori. Nice bike!

Now I'm going to watch TV. Goodnight, everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.