Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Community
Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-18-2012, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday Report

Lost 3 lbs. in week one of the Eat Clean Pact.

Only one more day to go to have my first ever all green week since joining this group in January 2011. My one blue number in sat fat is not a failure--I'm going for a weekly average and I have that.

Clean Eating Pact YES, YES, YES, YES, YES and without any allowed sugar free chocolate today, YES,
Calorie limit 1600 1387, 1354, 1591, 1299, 1268, 1573
Saturated fat average 12% of total calories 8%, 12%, 13%, Average of 11% so far, 12%, 8%, 12%,
Cholesterol average 300mg 162mg, 261mg, 213mg, 128mg, 188mg, 293mg
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 24.7g, 24g even, 17g, 24g even again, 25g even achieved by shaving off 3 grams of weight from my low carb whey protein/flax muffin (it's not junk food), 24.8g
Fiber average 25g 42g, 26g, 43g, 31g, 27g, 28g
Protein average 120g 130g, 134g, 158g, 124g, 124g again, 141

Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 03-18-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=01gt4.6;76373]Get your foot fixed! I had that and it's painful. You can probably get some of the "custom fir" Dr. Scholls inserts to help out. A stationary bike is better than nothing but Plyometrics will burn way more calories in the same time. Have you tried Core Synergistics instead of Plyo?

Yeah, I am in the process of fixing my foot. I have not try Core Synergistics yet. I know you have done P90X before, so I have some questions. I heard that P90X is very hard. Many can't follow through the whole DVD. But I feel it's hard but I can follow it through. At the end of the work out, I feel that I breath hard and I feel that I am done but i did not have to pause. Today I supposed to rest or stretch.
Am I not pushing myself hard enough? Or maybe I didn't do it right?
Mai
Old 03-18-2012, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Mern, you're not nuts. When Tori was here Quinn told her that she sized she were here.
She just doesn't remember because she was drunk at the time. Ah, getting ready for the bike. That's cool--and nice that friends may be changing pool nights with you.

Nobe, you had to burn a lot of calories at the playground. Not this week, but occasionally when I'm doing really heavy housework I count it as exercise. So you did well. Honey, major kudos on your weight loss so far! Down 20 since your heaviest weight and 11 lbs. more recently is fantastic. I'm not at all surprised--look at all the green in your report this week! Your red numbers show that you came really, really close. And your protein AVERAGE is WAY better than 17%. Congrats on THAT job well done, too! People who are with us in person very often may not notice our weight loss, but that's certainly no excuse for insensitive remarks. People can only make us feel bad about ourselves if we give them that power. Don't let your Mom have it. We are here for you to congratulate you and root you on with your continuing loss. Big hug to ya!

Mai, 1785 calories for the day is really great when it includes a birthday lunch, especially one's OWN birthday lunch. Oh, so sorry about your feet. I have a friend who has plantar fasciitis and she, too, modifies her exercise. Good for you for figuring out a way to still do that super-challenging P90X. Ooh, I LOVE spinach and cheese omelets. Thanks for that idea! Kudos on planning your meals ahead.

Hope, please let us know how the stress test came out. My DH had one a couple months ago after his routine EKG results came out suspicious, but it must have been a gremlin in the EKG machine because he passed the treadmill stress test with flying colors. That was another case where we decided to not worry until we knew we had something to worry about. We save ourselves a lot of needless worry these days. I hope you enjoyed your poker night goodies. I've tasted chocolate vodka and it was really yummy. Try to eat really clean today, if possible, and drink extra water. Maybe in a day or two it'll all be washed away. We've never actually SEEN the human under that Barney suit. Maybe Mike IS Barney--with padding to make him LOOK plump! Wow, that's a tongue twister. Can you say PLUMP PIMP fast three times? I'm sitting here trying and laughing like a fool--can't avoid saying "plump plimp."

Luv, congrats on your magnificent week! I hear ya--meeting my goals and sticking with the clean eating all week was no easy task, but it surely was worth it! Congrats, too, on working on not worrying so much--it wastes so much precious time.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Weekly wrap-up!

How do ya'll get the colors in there? Anyway, here goes!

Food/Fitness Goals for the Week
1 – 64oz water every day. N, Y, Y, Y, Y
2 – 1500 cals or less each day – no exceptions! N, N, Y, Y, N
3 – Go to the Gym 2x this week – treadmill, stairmaster, and weights. Y Tue and Friday.
4- Stick with veggies for most meals, and try to go gluten free when possible. N, N, Y, Y, N
5 – Don’t snack before dinner. N, Y, Y, Y, N
6 – Take a walk either before or after dinner. Raining all week so Nx5

Family /Home Goals
1 – Take Grandma out for a car ride. This is actually a major chore as she is 90, in a wheel chair, has dementia/memory loss, and gets really pissed off if we don’t stop at McD’s and get chocolate Sunday’s. Yes, Saturday afternoon.
2 – Go to bed later so I don’t wake up at 2am staring at the ceiling until 4am. N, N, Y, N, N
3 – Do SOMETHING productive between 8 and 10 at night. I have curtains to make, albums to finish, paperwork to file …laundry is a given… this will be a tough one as I am typically glued to the couch after 8 every night. Nx5

Goals for Monday
1 - Don’t stress. Even during this afternoon’s client meeting. N
2 – Don’t sound like an idiot this afternoon. Maybe.
3 – Give myself a break – I am not an idiot! See #2, still hard call to make.
4 – Take a walk after work with the family- nice to have an x-tra hour of daylight! N – raining.

Tuesday
1 - Drink lots of water. Y
2 -Go easy on lunch, decide what I am going to get before taking my lunch break instead of walking into the store without a plan. Y
3 -Charge through, focus, and complete several difficult tasks at work. The stuff does not go away by procrastinating! Y
4 -Go to the gym at 4pm. Treadmill, stairmaster, and free weights. Treadmill Y. N for the stairmaster and weights
5 -Make soup and salad for dinner. Don’t snack before dinner!!! N
6 – Try really really hard to stay up late – was up last night from about 1-3am watching documentaries, again. N

Goals for Wednesday
1 - Water – 64 oz or more. Y
2 - Today, always take the longest route to the most distant restroom in my building (up the stairs, down several halls, around multiple corners, blah blah…). ½ the time Y.
3 - File something – or better yet throw it away. The clutter is driving me nuts. Y
4 - Make a super healthy dinner. Y

Thursday goals

1 - Go for a long walk – if not raining. N - raining
2 - Work at home for a while, at least respond to e-mails. Y
3 - Laundry, dishes, bathrooms, etc. Y, Y, N
4 - Keep calorie intake under 1500, and keep up with the H2O. Y
5 - Try to stick with an exercise video (Netflix has lots to choose from). N
6 - Take a nap. Y

Friday
1 Work 3 hours. Y
2 Go to the Gym – 1 hour min. Y
3 Keep calories under 1500. N
4 Eat a healthy dinner – even if we go out tonight. Sort of.

Eat Clean Pact – Yes all week, except for the 1 small package of fruity bunnies. And except Saturday (Free Day).

Lost since logging food on FD in January 2012 = 6 lbs.

--------------------------------

Happy Sunday! Ama

About to meet mini goal of getting into my Levis 515s.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lastri

Yeah, I am in the process of fixing my foot. I have not try Core Synergistics yet. I know you have done P90X before, so I have some questions. I heard that P90X is very hard. Many can't follow through the whole DVD. But I feel it's hard but I can follow it through. At the end of the work out, I feel that I breath hard and I feel that I am done but i did not have to pause. Today I supposed to rest or stretch.
Am I not pushing myself hard enough? Or maybe I didn't do it right?
Mai
it is very hard and I struggled with it every day. There's no way for me to know if you are pushing it hard enough. I'd say to push it as hard as you can. If you can't do something, modify it. If you can't do a pullup, use a chair. You'll get more out of it doing something modified and having little rest between sets than doing one or two and waiting for the next set to start. I don't know of too many people that didn't have to pause it and struggle. Are you using weights or bands?
Old 03-18-2012, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - you rock my world! Congrats on the amazing report! So happy for you!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

AMA - thats a lot of goals!! Congrats on keeping track of them all!! I think I'll start off small like... get dressed in the morning LOL

You ALL seem to be on track and doing really really well with your goals! It's a crazy thought, but I'm actually looking forward to this Monday to start a new week! There is no Bachelor this week but I'm sure I will pull thru!
Old 03-18-2012, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Food Plan=Good
Exercise=Good new job running me off my feet
Feet=Sore
Weight=Steady
Health=One nasty cold
Free time=Non existent
Fitday friends=Missing you all a lot hope to regain some norm later this week and find time to chat again. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
April=Thanks for the Hi it reminded me how much I miss you all.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, what an amazing report. All that green must have been for St Pattys, right? I did not go too crazy drinking (a few sips of beer, a few sips of port) but I did indulge in snacks (and they weren't even that great) and am up a pound. I am putting my stuffed nose back to the grindstone. I am doing positive affirmations (I am healthy, I feel well) because I do think they work! As for the stresst est and echocardiogram, I am sure they are OK but thank you for your concern, dear Mern and I will let you know.

Now back to important things: plump pimp, plump pimp, plump pimp. MyDD had one she made up when she was little: wasps' nests, wasps' nest, wasps' nests
Old 03-18-2012, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

1785 calories on a b-day lunch, Mai, is not bad. Good luck with your foot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.