Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Community
Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-14-2012, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for Wednesday
1 - Water – 64 oz or more
2 - Today, always take the longest route to the most distant restroom in my building (up the stairs, down several halls, around multiple corners, blah blah…).
3 - File something – or better yet throw it away. The clutter is driving me nuts.
4 - Make a super healthy dinner.

Hi Terri – Today is the first day of switching it up for breakfast. So far I have increased my protein right out of the gate, and I definitely have more energy/focus this morning. I plan to stock the fridge at work with cottage cheese, and have almonds or walnuts, and fruit on hand for snacking in the morning. So far so good!

Hi Mern – New challenge… sure I am in! - I can stay clean. Finished off the last of a milk-chocolate bar last night (just 2 squares). My house is virtually junk food free now! I heard that chocolate is actually good for you, but that is the 70% coco or higher (dark chocolate). It is pretty bland stuff, but need to focus on just getting the healthy variety instead of milk chocolate.

PS - Also, as long as red wine is not counted as junk food I am good to go. It has been one of those crazy work weeks. 100 cals per glass but it is worth it!...
----------------------

Take care! Ama
For fellow space junkies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalthea_(moon) )

Age 39, Height 5’6”
Short term goal: Fit into my favorite old Levis 515’s – and still be able to breathe. (5 lbs to go)
Short term goal #2: Be able to wear a swim suit this summer and not feel like I need to suck in my stomach all the time. (10lbs to go + a miracle suit)
Long term goal: Live a healthy lifestyle; physically, mentally and spiritually.

Last edited by amalthea1892; 03-14-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
First off... I don't know you because I've been MIA latey, but I really like you already! Mern has a whip and I have some steel toe boots. Let us know if you need to borrow either.

Tori, whatcha gonna do now? You just got called out by a newbie!!! Looks like you better get crackin' Before you try throwing me under the bus... my scale was down again this morning (180.4)
Did you trade the pimp cane in for steel toe boots or is it that you don't lend it out?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Did you trade the pimp cane in for steel toe boots or is it that you don't lend it out?
The pimp cane never leaves my side.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
The pimp cane never leaves my side.
Ah, so it must be the collapsible kind, because I didn't see it at lunch and I was really hoping to.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Where oh where is Cassie? Yoohoo...
Old 03-14-2012, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Hope ... I wouldn't say you were Debbie Downer, I would just say you seem in a better place now than last week.
I am. And how are you, honey?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I am. And how are you, honey?
We are doing very well this week, Thank you for asking! We had a pretty major meltdown on Saturday but it must have been needed because since then has seemed to be all moving onward & upward. He even had a truly awesome family therapy session on Monday night and he doesn't care much for the poor guy that comes to the house.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Hope ~ Mern challenged me to eat clean this week. She will eat clean (on her terms) & I will eat clean (on my terms). My definition of clean currently is to avoid junk food eat according to my food plan. So I put it into my goals in order have it "in my face". I just came up with calling it the "Eating Clean" Pact.

If you're up to joining us this week - feel free.
This seems so reasonable to me how can I say no?

Clean according to Hope:

1) more veggies
2) fruits (within reason)
3) little to no sugar
4) avoid white flour
5) less processed stuff, if possible
6) WATER
7) low carb

How's that?

BTW you guys already influenced me. I had a veggie omelet (1 egg, 1 egg white with mushrroms, onions and red peppers on Pam sprayed pan) on a whole wheat wrap as opposed to scrambled eggs and bacon on toast. You guys rock.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I love MoMa and really enjoy modern art. And the exhibit definitely was powerful. Just errr maybe too much so.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
[B]Finished off the last of a milk-chocolate bar last night (just 2 squares). My house is virtually junk food free now! I heard that chocolate is actually good for you, but that is the 70% coco or higher (dark chocolate). It is pretty bland stuff, but need to focus on just getting the healthy variety instead of milk chocolate.
I actually prefer dark chocolate so it's not a problem for me, but I allow myself 1/2 a serving of dark chocolate a day (about 120 calories). It keeps me from feeling deprived, and keeps me from eating CAKE (which is what made me fat). I put it in my log at the beginning of the day, but lots of days I don't end up having it. At least in the evening when I have a chocolate attack, though, I know it's there and can have it without guilt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.