Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-13-2012, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, Luv what is this eating clean pact? Is this something I should know about? (ie partake in?)
Old 03-13-2012, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default What April & Mern said . . .

Originally Posted by Jho82
I'm a little bit bummed.... I'm finding my goal of drinking more water to be way harder than I thought.... Why is it so hard to drink water!!!!???? I figure I'm getting around 20 ounces. So I'm thinking if I can't even accomplish something as simple as drinking a little more water, how am I going to accomplish anything else!! And why does time seem to stop when you can't eat junk food?! I cannot believe its only Tuesday! Alas I will push through - I will learn to drink water in time - so glad I have somewhere to keep focused. Thanks for being here everybody! Love reading and learning about you all!
I struggled with drinking water! I made small goals at first for reasons to allow my body to adapt & to make drinking water part of my day. Amy taught me too! "Divide & Conquer", just like April implied.

I used to use a big jug of water - which mentally was overwhelming for me. I'd stare at ALL that water that I had to drink yet. So now, I use 16 oz bottles/glasses. Each time I empty a bottle/glass I have a great sense of accomplishment.

AT FIRST in order to get in the habit of drinking water, my goal was:
1 (8oz) water in the morning, around noon, around mid-afternoon, and then around evening meal. I did a lot of forgetting, but now it's becoming automatic to think about drinking water. Now instead of 8 oz, I do 16 oz. YOU can do it! Keep focusing!

I know your feelings quite well. It's tough making new choices. When I think about what I can't have, that makes it really hard. I work on thinking about what I CAN have.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hope ... I wouldn't say you were Debbie Downer, I would just say you seem in a better place now than last week.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Mern, Luv what is this eating clean pact? Is this something I should know about? (ie partake in?)
Hope ~ Mern challenged me to eat clean this week. She will eat clean (on her terms) & I will eat clean (on my terms). My definition of clean currently is to avoid junk food eat according to my food plan. So I put it into my goals in order have it "in my face". I just came up with calling it the "Eating Clean" Pact.

If you're up to joining us this week - feel free.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Luv, Nobe also joined us on the Eat Clean Pact this week.

Anyone else joining us?

If anyone who joins messes up, don't feel defeated. Just jump right back in again. Each little success adds up!

Last edited by Mern; 03-13-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Mern
Luv, Nobe also joined us on the Clean Eating Pact this week.

If anyone who joins messes up, don't feel defeated. Just jump right back in again. Each little success adds up!
"EAT CLEAN" PACT
(Sun MN thru Sat MN. Eat clean = FILL-UP on Good + AVOID Junk)

So far we have: Mern, Nobe, Jho82 and Luv. Anyone else?

And yes, what Mern says.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-13-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

ya gotta do whatcha gotta do.... IM IN!!! And thank you for all the great suggestions with the water! I will tackle it in the a.m.!!
Old 03-13-2012, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Luv, yes, I did mean that my goal is 199 by May 22 as in my signature. Thanks for catching that. I'm almost 10 lbs. heavier than you. I'd like to be at 205 by April 24. That would give me a nice hedge on making my goal of 199 by May 22. I am so darned tired of weighing over 200 lbs. at 5 feet tall. My husband only weighs about 180 or so and he's 6 feet tall. I'd think anyone who likes cooked cabbage would also like mashed cauliflower. I'm not crazy about the texture of raw or crisp tender cauliflower, but I do love it cooked soft or mashed. Wow! Great report again! I'm closing down my kitchen. Will post my Tuesday numbers in a minute.
Me too! So tired of all this weight on my 5 ft / 2 inch frame. I go April 4 for Dr appt. I'm 'fraid she'll order more blood tests. A motivating reason to focus on eating cleaner. OK - I'll stamp 205 on my forehead for you & 199 for me for April 24.

I have this funny image in my head. Do you know those real tall kids' slides? I think of Tori sliding down, then it's me & then you. We're so close together with our weight goals right now.

Spoke with the dietician yesterday on the phone. Gave her an update on what I'm doing. I'll meet with her if & when Dr orders new lab work. She emphasized for me to not eat lots of carbs at one time. I told her about how my "pie" has been looking, but she was more concerned about spreading out the carbs with meals/snacks. I believe I'm doing much better with that as I consider what I put into my body in one setting. What a challenge it is to get the food content and timing of eating together!

ETA: Jho82 -- See above your post. I added you in.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesdays suck. I think I've mentioned that before. I'm just now able to check in for the day, but having to do it by phone because home Internet is down. I hope it's back up by morning, I hate having to do everything by phone.

I knew it wasn't going to be a great day when, despite having a nice deficit yesterday, I was up 1.2 on the scale this morning. It's gone downhill from there. Anyway....going to bed. Got another headache. Catch y'all tomorrow
Old 03-13-2012, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

Jho, welcome to the Eat Clean Pact. Let us know how you're water's going.

Luv, LOL on the slide. Did you notice that Tori has lost 57.4 lbs. since just November of 2011--that's just 15 months! Isn't that fantastic? I was at the top of the slide and her skinny butt slid right down past me! I THINK my carbs are pretty well spread out, but I'm not sure. That's a good tip. I'll have to keep that in mind the next few days--maybe write down how many carbs in each meal or snack. It really is quite a challenge when we have not just a calorie deficit to work on, but also limits for carbs, fats, targets for protein. Throwing timing into the mix must drive you nuts! But after a while, hopefully it will become habit so it won't be so hard. I'm surprised I am able to pretty well hit my marks since I'm doing low carb, low cholesterol and low sat fat. But it's not yet easy--takes a lot of time to juggle my food selections and portions in the nutrition tracker. So when do you see your doctor next?

Tori, so sorry your up a teeny on the scale. I was just talking about what a fantastic job you've done on weight loss since you first joined our group. Keep that in mind and accept a HUGE pat on the back from our group! You'll have that little regain gone in no time! I hope your headache goes away quickly and that you have a great day tomorrow.

It's almost midnight. I'm going to bed, too. Will catch you all tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.