Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-13-2012, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Rubypeanut, great report!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

April & Tori ~ I went back & changed a few things on my goal structural set-up. DAY (Life) goals are being processed as I'm working on new ways for house management. I know that it's mostly for me, but it doesn't hurt for me to keep working on clarifying things. We'll see how it looks tonight when I post my goals.

Mern ~ I plan to try mashed cauliflower real soon. After all, if I like cooked cabbage, I may also like mashed cauliflower. Your goal of 199lbs by March 22 . . . Do you mean May 22 as on your signature? My outcome goal is 199 lbs by April 24. What do you want to be by April 24 - 6 weeks from now?

You're working your action goals all its worth. Just keep your eyes on the prize -199 lb - when those temptations call out. You are doing awesome this week. Stay Clean! LOL

Hope ~ You ought to be so proud of how you're meeting your goals. AND you lost 2 lbs! Congrats!

nobe ~ You're another one who is doing awesome!

Terri ~ I love your tenacity. Sheeesh! Plateaus are just the pits. Why doesn't it work the other way? I mean, why couldn't we just have plateaus when our bodies gained weight????

rubypeanut ~ Beautiful green on your goals!

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-13-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Hey ladies, I've been super busy. this is my 1st time logging in. I haven't read anything. Sorry. I'm trying to get out the office b/c I feel disgusted. I just had some claims show up in my report and one is pretty big. I think my bonus will probably be cut in 1/2. I'm going to spend some time crunching numbers tomorrow.

All I've had to eat was a serving of almonds and a zone bar. That's it for the day!!! I did walk 3 miles earlier.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

I'm a little bit bummed.... I'm finding my goal of drinking more water to be way harder than I thought.... Why is it so hard to drink water!!!!???? I figure I'm getting around 20 ounces. So I'm thinking if I can't even accomplish something as simple as drinking a little more water, how am I going to accomplish anything else!! And why does time seem to stop when you can't eat junk food?! I cannot believe its only Tuesday! Alas I will push through - I will learn to drink water in time - so glad I have somewhere to keep focused. Thanks for being here everybody! Love reading and learning about you all!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Jho ... Have you tried breaking down your water? Get a bottle or cup that you know how much it holds and make a goal to drink one by 9am and a second by noon, a third by like 3pm and another with dinner? If each bottle or cup holds 16 oz that would be 64 oz in a day. I drink 100 oz in 16 oz cups at work.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Amy ... This is for you...

I love this. I should print it and frame it for my sloppy ol' house.

Thank you all for your support re my resisting the Chinese food. And especially Mern for my BIDIA award. I would also like to thank all the "little people" (getting littler all the time) of Fitday without whom I would be saying ohhhhhh why did I eat those ribs?

Now am resisting pizza, trying to order something more low carbish, like soup and meatballs (not perfect I know.) Sensing a tend? Hope battles menus. Menus are starting to wear her down.

Also a few of you commented on my newly positive energy or attitude. Was I Debbie Downer? Ohhhhhh yeah I kinda was.

Jho it is hard to drink water and resist junk food. I am with you!!! I like the suggestion to break up the water.

I forgot who asked about the Cindy Sherman. I had always liked her work, at least the stuff I had seen over the years but this was rooms of it, and some of the images were really disturbing (what is that coming out of where?) Also the use of prostethetics (lots of fake breasts on medieval portraits and just some pointblank grotesque stuff) and some just depressing (faded beauties, women with black eyes, sad or dead eyes, women trying too hard or just giving up.) And let's not even talk about the creepy clowns. Very effective show but man were DH and I glad to look at some simple line drawings after that!!! Omigod is that a tree? It's tree!!!!! It's JUST a tree. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Last edited by canary52; 03-13-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Posting today's goals.

FITDAY Challenge *~* CLEAN HOUSE
Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. -Jim Rohn

Check-in: MON - TUES -

"EAT CLEAN" PACT *Mern, nobe & Luv
(Sun MN thru Sat MN. Eat clean = FILL-UP on Good + AVOID Junk)

_______FIT____health___daily goals
FOCUS (2) Mind & Heart
1. Audio Bible &/or Hlth Group Bk*~*YES {M_T_ }
2. Thankfulness Journal*~*YES {M_T_ }

INTAKE (4) Nutrition
FOOD .'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
1. Clean (FILL-UP on Good + AVOID Junk) -> YES {M_T_ }
2. 1600-1700 Calorie -> AT/BELOW {M_T_ }
3. Water (64 oz) -> YES {M_T_ }
4. Supplements -> YES {M_T_ }

TRAIN (2) Movement
1. Focused Exercise *~* YES{M_T_ }
**Aerobic (150 min)-> 60 min
**Muscular (Circuit x3) -> x1
**Walk (10 mi) -> 4 mi

2. Lifestyle Activity (Minimum 1 hr daily)*~* YES {M_T_ }

________DAY____life___weekly goals
Tally during week. MET or "NOT MET" @ end of week.
DAZZLE (2):
1. Kitchen & Cleaning (8 hr)*~* 1 hr + 50 min
2. Clothing (x5) *~* x1

ADMINISTRATE (2):
1. Deskwork (Personal) /Contacts (1 hr) *~* 15 min.
2. Seatwork (r/t kids -15 hr) *~*

YOMP-Outside Work (2):
1. Clean-up *~*
2. Plants *~*

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-14-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added in names with "Eating Clean" Pact.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Luv, yes, I did mean that my goal is 199 by May 22 as in my signature. Thanks for catching that. I'm almost 10 lbs. heavier than you. I'd like to be at 205 by April 24. That would give me a nice hedge on making my goal of 199 by May 22. I am so darned tired of weighing over 200 lbs. at 5 feet tall. My husband only weighs about 180 or so and he's 6 feet tall. I'd think anyone who likes cooked cabbage would also like mashed cauliflower. I'm not crazy about the texture of raw or crisp tender cauliflower, but I do love it cooked soft or mashed. Wow! Great report again! I'm closing down my kitchen. Will post my Tuesday numbers in a minute.

Mike, oh, no! I didn't know claims would affect your bonus! That just plain sucks! Congrats on your walk. Hope you got something to eat by now!

Jho, dividing it up as April suggested is what got me drinking more water. I think it was Amy (almeeker) who taught me that. Otherwise I'm lucky to get in just 20 oz. or so like you. Go ahead and put something in your water if you want--like lemon or lime juice-- to make it more pleasant. I also count my decaf tea and even Crystal Light and zero carb, zero calorie flavored water. It helps and my body appreciates it even though it's not plain water. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it. Try to find some on-plan treat that you can handle to help you get through the junk food cravings. I allow myself two pieces of sugar free Hershey chocolate miniatures per day and half to one oz. of pork rinds. If I have only those, I consider myself as having eaten cleanly. Without that allowance I'd have no hope of resisting diving into the snack cakes and cookies DH keeps on hand. We enjoy having you in our group.

Hope, LOL, you're welcome for the BIDIA award. You deserve it. Oh, how I long to be one of the "little people." I'll get there some day. There's a pizza place my DH like to go to that also has meatballs in a low sugar marinara sauce. I add a tossed salad with Ranch dressing and it makes a delicious meal.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Other than my allowed SF chocolate and pork rinds, I ate cleanly again. Meals were really delicious: breakfast was mushroom omelet with roasted red pepper sauce; lunch was almonds and some sliced turkey wrapped around fresh spinach leaves; dinner was a pork chop, Italian green beans with turkey bacon, and chopped turnip greens. Evening snack was a leftover turkey burger and three medium strawberries. I'm claiming bragging rights for coming in with great food AND great numbers.

Clean Eating Pact Yes, YES
Calorie limit 1600 1387, 1354
Saturated fat average 12% of total calories 8%, 12%
Cholesterol average 300mg 162mg, 261mg
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 24.7g, 24g even
Fiber average 25g 42g, 26g
Protein average 120g 130g, 134g

Exercise 5 days YES, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 03-15-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,700 calories max/day - 1454, 1417
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour every day except work days (I only work 2-3 days a week), but do it on work days too if I feel like it - no, but worked, no, but worked
3) eat more protein, get up from 17% - 18% (it's a start!), 21%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz, 72oz
5) calorie deficit at least 500 - 1069, 980

edit: I might get a second wind and lift weights, but I'm not counting on it. Stupid cramps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.