Trying to catch up here!!!
On fried foods:
I have actually had a deep-fried Oreo. The deliciousness is hard to describe in words. It's amazing. The batter for frying sort of fuses with the shell of the Oreo and the cream gets a crust on it so it's almost like it's crunchy on the outside and then liquid in the middle, like a poor man's creme brulee. BF also likes to make what he calls "double cookies" which is an Oreo wrapped in chocolate chip cookie batter and then baked. Everything sort of oozes together in the oven. They are delicious, but DENSE. I can only eat one just because I feel like one is enough to fill me right up. Sorry for the food porn >.>
I'm with you on the 10% challenge, I've barely lost a thing since New Year! Very frustrating. This is definitely a week to get butts in gear, I'm rooting for you!
I'm in favor of cheat days and planned cheats, they always work for me. Calorie cycling has also worked in the past, where I have days where I eat "up" (1600-1700) and then "down" (1,000-1,100) calories. It was the first thing I tried on this current plateau because it worked in the past, but it seems to be no dice. My body apparently doesn't care what I'm doing with the food as long as I'm not going completely crazy, so it's boiling down to changing my exercise, it appears. I've been trying that too but nothing has stuck yet. However, I'm more stubborn than my body, so I'll just keep throwing things at the wall until SOMETHING sticks. It's just really frustrating. Thank you for keeping my Dad in your prayers - if you could sneak in a word about him keeping his willpower, that would be awesome too
Good luck to you this week!! It's interesting what your doctor says about the avocado, I suppose you'll see if it pans out, you're alway so careful in your recording that I am sure a pattern will emerge that's undeniable.
It really is amazing how logging every little thing is an eye-opener. It's one of the last things I log every day - the EVOO, the butter, the little adds to food (like a squirt of lime juice) and see how they add up. Sometimes it adds 100-200 calories to my log and I always just go WOW and remind myself to figure them in beforehand. Congrats on the weight and good luck this week!
Soda addiction is a tough nut to crack. Sometimes it helps to just cut it a little at a time, half a glass per day or even per week, whatever works for you. I wasn't extremely addicted but I tended to drink it with certain foods, so what I said to myself was "I'm only going to drink half a glass this time" rather than a full glass, then I skipped it every other snack, and so on. I got rid of it entirely within a month. Maybe something like that might help for you?
Woooohooo on your loss, look at you! You will break that 260 plateau before you know it. Thanks for the advice about the interview. I will take a deep breath and count to three!
Down almost 3 pounds, you're a stud dude, good job!
Resist that chinese food! I understand the siren song of chinese oh-so-well, but you DID it, good job! High-five!!!
We all go through spats of being unmotivated, I was there like 2 weeks ago. You can kick it. Sometimes just meeting your food goals helps and the exercise will come - quinn gave me the good advice to "just eat clean" if that happens. We all know you can do it, you are a BEAST when you step it up! Sometimes Saturday nights and fuzzy liquid calories just... kinda happen, lol. Although now you've got me thinking of Waffle House, mmmmmm.
The Plateau of No Sense has been going for three months strong now. I started the new year at 163 and now I'm hovering around 160-ish. I think it's just a really "comfortable" weight for my body. I WILL bust through someday and keep marching, I just have to figure out what my body wants. Good job on a great Monday!!!
DEEP FRIED MARS BAR?! Mmmmm...
Health and Lifestyle Goals
1) Keep calories under 1500 every day, weekends included. M: 1,313
2) Exercise for a total of four hours or more (I like Amy's way of adding up the minutes, so I will do that, maybe it will help) and post the TYPE of exercise M: 0 (Total: 0 minutes)
3) At least 80 oz. of water daily, shoot for 96 M: 80
4) Calorie deficit of at least 3,500 M: -493 (Total: -493)
5) Protein average for the week of 25-30% M: 32% (Average: 32%)
6) Weigh M, W, F and post M: 160.3
7) In bed by 11:30 M: No
8) Post what I ate yesterday. Every single little thing.
- One container of 0% fat greek yogurt (vanilla flavor) with a multivitamin (One-A-Day Women's Active Metabolism)
- Leftover chicken and dumplings (I estimated 1.25 servings), 1 medium/large green apple
- Grilled tilapia (4.5 oz fillet), seasoned with a Weber grill mixture (no salt), with a side of cilantro-lime flavored basmati rice.
I was only at 12% fat yesterday, which is probably why I was starving come dinner. I resisted the urge to snack, however, as I knew I had a calorically dense lunch. Same thing is going to happen today, I hate wasting the leftovers.
1) Get BC application in M: No
2) Prepare for phone interview Thursday (nervous!!!!!) M: Confirmed people I will be interviewing with and scanned their profiles
3) No more than 30 minutes daily on non-work related websites at work, other than FD. Yes, I'm timing it. I have been a procrastinating procrastinator due to stress. M: It was more like 50 minutes
4) Call Dad on Wednesday after eye surgery M: N/A
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes, no makeup (breakout)
6) Buy new workout clothes and underwear!!!! M-F: Weekend goal
-- I am not wearing full makeup right now as I'm going through a breakout. But I am otherwise making an effort and wearing lipgloss and mascara
I blame the breakout on stress.
I think posting my food is going to help me. I was never good at just journaling my thoughts about food to myself - I'm the sort that needs to "say" (type! haha) it to others to make me really think about it. I'm going to be having dense lunches for most of this week as I finish off the chicken-and-dumplings that I cooked over the weekend, so I need to think hard about my dinners. I usually have a light breakfast of yogurt or something else mild because my stomach hates eating a lot in the morning, though sometimes I will eat and egg and a little bacon. I might want to do that a couple of times this week to keep my fats up, though low-fat is one of the things I *haven't* tried to do in the Plateau Of No Sense. I'm not sure being hungry is worth it, though. I was about ready to chew on my shoes before dinner yesterday.
We've also been eating dinner late because BF works until 7:30 or so most nights. By the time he gets home, showers, etc. it's getting on 8 or 8:30 before we eat. I'll figure it out, though, I always do eventually!
Happy Tuesday all,