Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-12-2012, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Yes, we can fry dirt and it'll taste good.
I believe it! And I would probably try it!! OK maybe not dirt...

BTW when I was in a hotel in NYC I thought of you and the blood incident and it really hit home, how awful it was.

I told DH and he said you should have taken pix, gotten in touch with the corporate office and threatened to go public.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Amy, shopping can be a real experience here! It's difficult for me to not be fatter than I already am. Just wait until crawfish are in season and I consume a bajillion mg of sodium in one day. I can gain 5 pounds in an afternoon.

I weighed in at 181.8 (down 2.8 for the week)

I'll post up goals later. I need to get my ass in gear. Summer is quickly approaching and my yellow polka dot bikini is calling my name.
Are you sure those are polka dots and not little gold fleur de lis? We actually saw a bikini like that in your neck of the woods, well I don't know if it was a bikini, as it was hanging on the wall of one of the "adult shops" down in the French Quarter. As much as it amused me, I didn't quite have enough liquid nerve in me to walk in there and make that purchase.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
I believe it! And I would probably try it!! OK maybe not dirt...

BTW when I was in a hotel in NYC I thought of you and the blood incident and it really hit home, how awful it was.

I told DH and he said you should have taken pix, gotten in touch with the corporate office and threatened to go public.
Trust me, I totally wish I would have taken pics, but not having them didn't stop me from going public.

Originally Posted by almeeker
Are you sure those are polka dots and not little gold fleur de lis? We actually saw a bikini like that in your neck of the woods, well I don't know if it was a bikini, as it was hanging on the wall of one of the "adult shops" down in the French Quarter. As much as it amused me, I didn't quite have enough liquid nerve in me to walk in there and make that purchase.
Remember... what happens in NOLA, stays in NOLA. Don't worry about courage next time.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default I guess it's time to make some goals

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1500 calories-M: 1278 so far
2--get off my ass and work out--I've really been struggling with this--M: Zumba Tu: Cardio Burn W: yoga Th: Zumba F: Cardio Burn Sa: yoga Su: watch yoga level 2-M: got off work late dammit, gotta figure out something else
3--walk a minimum of 3 miles Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday-
4--post weight daily-M: 197.6

Life/Home
1--finish all laundry
2--wash and vacuum car
3--finish all paperwork, at work or at home
4--take deep cleansing breaths when she rattles my nerves, don't lose patience, and don't make snappy comments to her. she can't help most of it
5--breathe through the stress, don't cry about it

I am so very unmotivated this week. I don't know if it's because I wasn't feeling good last week or what. I should be extra motivated because of last week. I don't think I've ever had a week so full of red.

I've already eaten, and now instead of figuring out what workout to get in, or starting on the mountains of laundry, I'm sitting on my rear watching Halloween.......
Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, I, too, like that we start a new thread each week. I'm so glad you discovered the benefits of faithfully logging every morsel that goes into your mouth. The little things can really add up. Major kudos on reaching your lowest weight since your January logging initiation! Way to go on setting such nice goals! You touched my heart with taking Grandma on a car ride and to McD's. My mother had dementia. I know what a heartache it is to see your loved one go through that.

Happy, French toast happens sometimes. I would suggest you just start fresh Tuesday with your goals instead of making yourself pay all week for forgetting today. Members can do their own thing here--I started fresh on a Wednesday a couple weeks ago to give myself better encouragement to have an all green report. You've probably seen it--some us put our successes in green and our missed goals in red. And some, like April do different colors like magenta. I was drinking several caffeine free diet sodas daily and started limiting myself to two a day, and then replacing one with decaf iced tea or Crystal Light (well, it's the store brand), and now I have maybe one soda per week. I don't have a problem yet, but would like to save the enamel on my teeth--that's mainly why I quit. Aw, some people just don't understand that their teasing hurts. How about next time he teases you about yor weight, you say something like, "Honey, I never told you this, but your poking fun at my weight makes me feel bad." I'll betcha he stops. Yeah, you've got to realize there's nothing wrong with standing up for yourself. You're entitled and it can be done in a tactful manner. Just plan ahead what you will tactfully say the next time the opportunity arises for each issue.

Luv, OMG your smilies are so entertaining! LOL I caught myself almost going over in carbs for today with my pre-logged snack later of almonds and a protein shake with flaxmeal, but I didn't want to give up that healthful snack. So I traded my dinner mashed cauliflower with sour cream and cheddar cheese for just plain cauliflower spritzed with a little I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.

April, kudos on that 3.4 lb. loss! Golly, more kudos on all that exercise. Boy, when you have a PITA, you're not exaggerating! I hope that cheek pinching subsides! Thanks, it felt good getting back to the gym today as I exercised at home all last week. Will try to do all 5 days exercise there this week.

Hope, I'm so glad you were motivated by our group to fight off those evil urges. It's not easy, I know that from personal experience. So you get a BIDIA award for that. (New members, that's the BUT I DID IT ANYWAY AWARD and you can give yourselves one whenever you want.) Best wishes on the financial aid stuff. My granddaughter is getting antsy about that. She did the FAFSA application online and thought she'd hear something by now. Scales are mean to us for no apparent reason. Wishing you well deserved nice scale numbers this week. Golly, Chinese is self sabotage for me because I can't resist certain dishes. Keep strong, friend. You can do it!

Tori, read the title of this weeks thread and join your pals here in fighting the fight. You're strong, girl. You've got what it takes.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Whooosh! A long post. . . lots going on this week.

ETA: If the only thing you can do is post goals, then please know that as far as I'm concern, that's just fine. There are times that I cannot respond to people. I understand.

Amy ~ Thanks for starting us off this week. It's nice to see you back on board I enjoy watching you with all your busy 4-H projects.

Tori ~ WOOOOHHHHOOOOOO!!!! That's almost 2 lbs lost! Considering your rough week last week, I say that's totally awesome. You must have killed some fat when you "killed" your phone. OK LADY!!!! Here's to you to get going: That's the FAT Shark trying to bite->

Jho82 ~ Glad to see you here. I also missed breakfast this morning. Not my usual routine, but hey, we go on forward. Speaking of 1st goals, my first goal was, "Just move". I then used a pedometer (which now is out of working order) to observe # of steps. Now my goals have developed over time as I build habit upon habit. We all start somewhere - There is no better place to begin than where you are.

nobe ~ So glad with how you're staying with us & participating. Can't wait to see your goals! Please stay safe thru the storm.

Terri ~ How long have you been on "The Plateau of No Sense"? What frustration! I imagine you know all the typical ways of busting the plateau. I'll be thinking of you Thursday on your phone interview.

rubypeanut ~ Great goals - espcially #3. I know what very little sleep can do for emotions & remember my postpartum days/nights. Great job on your 3 mi walk. That should lift the spirits a bit. Please listen to your body.

Mary ~ You mean the cravings still hit us as we get closer to our goal?! OK 3 weeks it is -- hope to see great results with you!

Joanna ~ I hope you have a great week with your goals.

almathea ~I love this thread. It's like a fresh new start with the idea of working hard on our daily goals. For me, building upon habit by habit gets me there. You've wonderful goals.

happy1987 ~ Welcome! What I say is out of good intentions: I encourage you to keep logging in -- all the good & the bad. I praise you for being honest with yourself. Logging in helps us to remain that way. Little by little we make a turn around. Even in the middle of making poorly choices, we can stop & doing something better for ourselves. This is something I have to tell myself often. You can do it.

Another word: Remember our result goals (losing inches & pounds) happen because of our doing goals (stand instead of sit, workout 30" 4 to 5 times/week, decrease soda). Awwww . . . I know what it's like not to stand up for oneself. Other people are not mind readers -- I hope you find a way to let your boyfriend know how you feel hurt when he pokes fun. Maybe you can even figure a clear & specific way that he will be supportive of you. Believe me (someone who struggled with voicing my needs/wants), it feels good when you do give voice to your needs. No matter the response, know that YOU are the gatekeeper for what negative/positive influence stays within you. Fill yourself with truth about who you are.

beccafries ~ What an education on frying! This gal has lots to learn on southern cuisine. Learn something everyday.

April ~ Yea!!!!!! I'd say those goals worked fantastically well for you with the pounds you lost. I love new cleaning equipment! ANYTHING to help keep the house clean. I say a new rug scrubber is a great non-food treat.

Hope ~ Howdy! One question: Chinese food -- Did you fall for it?

Mern ~ I love my smilies too! They actually help me during the day. For instance, today when I was tempted in the kitchen I "saw" my smilie in my mind's eye and my FITDAY Challenge, "Clean House". I like writing things out & visualizing my goals. I thank you all for bearing thru my long goal set-up.

YOU were amazing today for catching yourself with your calorie intake. I need to try mashed cauliflower, but (whiny voice) I can't give up my potatoes just yet. Does it truly taste good? Oh dear!! Am I asking the queen of vegetables if she likes cauliflower? I feel like a kid -"Don't take that away from me too!"

Mike ~ Yea!!! You worked for that 2.8 lb to be lost! Now you got that song going in my mind - "itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny . . ."

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-12-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Guys I resisted. But I wouldn't have done it without this site and you guys. What I ate wasn't perfect: chicken soup, bread, pretzels, chicken/apple sausages but I have to think it was better than spare ribs and chow mei fun!!! (nutritionally that is.)
Old 03-12-2012, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by beccafries
deep fried butter is more like a batter around a liquid,,they have diff flavors of the butter...its really good..the garlic butter was my fav!!
Deep fried snickers is good too along with deep fried oreo...just a batter around a snicker n oreo cookie...
Deep fried coke was crap and deep fried bubble gum... we try anything in Texas
You give me hope, my skinny pole of a brother and his equally skinny wife moved there about a year ago. Not that I wish they were fat, but it would be nice if they could understand the phrase "I have to watch what I eat".

Last edited by almeeker; 03-12-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) 1,700 calories max/day - 1454
2) walk for 1 hour, lift weights for 1/2 hour every day except work days (I only work 2-3 days a week), but do it on work days too if I feel like it - no, but worked
3) eat more protein, get up from 17% - 18% (it's a start!)
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz
5) calorie deficit at least 500 - 1069

Last edited by nobe; 03-12-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

I'll jump back in after kiddo goes to bed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.