Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Community
Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-16-2012, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
I read online that the muffin tin omelets DO NOT FREEZE WELL--that they turn watery when frozen. I made them for the first time yesterday, stored them in a ziplock bag in the fridge, (I'm sure plastic wrap would work, too) and they reheated quite nicely in the microwave this morning without getting overdone or rubbery.
Another way that you can do this is to place the beaten eggs, minced veggies, (meat and/or cheese if you prefer) and seasonings into individual quart freezer zip-lock bags and seal. (Each person places the ingredients that they want in their own bag.) Then, you drop them into a large pot of boiling water for a few minutes until they are set. (An old back-packing trick!) They are very good and you don't have to use any spray or oils, etc. Just make sure that you use freezer bags; the regular ones can melt in the boiling water. Make them up the night before and then just boil them in the morning for a quick, healthy breakfast... and the best part? No clean-up required.

Sorry that I've been doing more lurking than participating... I've been pretty sick for the last 10 days or so. Sick enough that I didn't want to restrict my calories too much. Some kind of respiratory flu, I guess... a gift from hubby. I'm getting back on my feet and will be back on track soon.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

I loved the Muffin tin Omelette idea so I had to try it out immediately! Also making a big batch of Veggie Pasta sauce - trying to use up all of the leftovers and stragglers from the fridge - Pasta sauce and omelettes include but are not limited too.... onion, broc, caul, celery, black beans, chick peas and minced garlic!! I have been warned about the freezing but I think i will try it anyway - I'm not too picky when it comes to food... I'll just add some cheese and salsa and hopefully that will take away some of the wateriness (is that even a word!). Results to follow next week!

Are all of you relatively close or know each other!! I'm in Canada, eh!

Oh and I am also in the "Eat Clean" pact - I think my name was left out above but I'm certainly making an effort... only 1 lifestyle cookie and 2 scoops of KD! Hope everyones friday is going well!!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Hi Everyone,
I am totally enjoying all the posts - as usual.

A friend sent this to me last week regarding sleep. It turns out that those of us who tend to wake up in the middle of the night are just reverting to an old habit from the days before lighting at night was common.

I especially like the recommendation from the Dr. who says that the middle of the night waking period is the best time for "procreation" .

BBC News - The myth of the eight-hour sleep
Love this article! Thank you so much for posting it Pam! My hubby always has said that 1 am is time to wake up and stoke the fire (no, not the fire of procreation, but our ancestors tending a fire so they don't freeze to death at night). Hubby and I usually put a movie on from 1-3am if we are both up at the same time.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

I'd freeze to death because once I go to sleep there is no waking until an alarm goes off!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
Love this article! Thank you so much for posting it Pam! My hubby always has said that 1 am is time to wake up and stoke the fire (no, not the fire of procreation, but our ancestors tending a fire so they don't freeze to death at night). Hubby and I usually put a movie on from 1-3am if we are both up at the same time.
I have never actually known anyone who watched movies at 1AM. I have been so tempted to over the years, but my "modern" brain keeps telling me that 1 AM is not the "right" time. I think I may just go for it the next time
Old 03-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, I've been crunching numbers and reading the "rules" and it looks like that $500 (lagniappe) bonus I was shooting for with writing a couple extra policies is gone as well, that's also based on claims! I also discovered that claims affect my bonus for a longer period because they stay on your "book" for 4 years not 3. So that's $20,000 x 4 years gone.

So... am I going to cry over spilled milk? Hell no, I'm going to get more milk and hope it doesn't spill! Seeing that the premium to claim ratio is the biggest factor on the bonus... and I can't do anything about the claims, it only leave one option... write more policies!!!

It's the auto side (the big side) of the bonus that I'm not getting. Since I'm pretty new to the P&C (home, auto, umbrella etc) business I have a small book of business. My total auto premiums are around $107,000. So here's my idea... I'm going to give myself 6 months to increase my book by $100k. I'm guessing I'll have to write 2-3 auto policies a week, for 6 months... without having any crazy claims. If I can do this I should be back on pace for my bonus. What's done is done and what's lost is lost but if I can pull this off I will be sitting pretty (maybe).

In other news I decided to think, or look, outside the box. I looked online and saw that another insurance company only goes back 3 years on driving records. What's that mean? That means my "Dewey" doesn't show. I gave them a ring and they quoted me on both bikes (GSXR 750 & 1000). The 750 is MUCH cheaper than the 1000. ($716/yr vs $1333/yr). Wanna hear something crazy? Just liability on the 750 and 1000 is $110/yr vs. $148/yr. Now you see why I said full coverage is expensive?

So here's the deal... if I can pull that off in 6 months I will treat myself to a new GSXR 750 (with full coverage). This whole time I thought I'd have to wait 5 years for a clean record.

So what's this have to do with diet and exercise? A lot. It takes a winning attitude even when you get your ass kicked to make it through with diet and exercise and my situation. I could sit here and sulk and feel like giving up (not to say that some days I won't), but today I going to use that to motivate me. Also, I can't be all fat on a bike, so I'll have to start getting in shape for it.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Default weekend goals

Saturday is a wedding, Sunday is a parade.

1) Log food (as much as possible, not knowing what they are going to have at the wedding reception, may throw me for a loop)
2) 4 serving of fruit/veggies
3) Gallon of water
4) walk 3 miles

I would weight myself but I think my lunch has me retaining water.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-16-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
FitDay Member

Red numbers are missed goals. Any blue numbers mean off target, but not yet a missed goal if I'm going for a weekly average.

Friday Report

Closing down the kitchen--evening snack of protein shake with flaxmeal is pre-logged.

Clean Eating Pact YES, YES, YES, YES, YES and without any allowed sugar free chocolate today
Calorie limit 1600 1387, 1354, 1591, 1299, 1268
Saturated fat average 12% of total calories 8%, 12%, 13%, Average of 11% so far, 12%, 8%
Cholesterol average 300mg 162mg, 261mg, 213mg, 128mg, 188mg
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 24.7g, 24g even, 17g, 24g even again, 25g even achieved by shaving off 3 grams of weight from my low carb whey protein/flax muffin (it's not junk food)
Fiber average 25g 42g, 26g, 43g, 31g, 27g
Protein average 120g 130g, 134g, 158g, 124g, 124g again

Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Old 03-16-2012, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn, so sorry that you've been sick. 10 days or more is a long time to suffer with that flu, you poor dear. Hope you will soon be back to your old fiesty self! Thanks for that boiling water omelet idea. I'll have to try that for sure.

Jho, how did your muffin tin omelets come out? Let us know how they were after freezing. You're like me--I'm not too picky when it comes to food. The food police on TV tell us mushrooms should never be washed, just wiped with a damp cloth, because if washed, they get chewy when cooked. Well, I wash the dirt off them under running water and I don't mind at all if they're chewy. Actually I PREFER them a little chewy. Cheese and tomatoes (if not in a hot recipe) should be served at room temperature for maximum flavor, but I prefer them cold. I've only met the others here online. We're from all over the US. I'm in Ohio, almost central USA. I think the only of us who have met in person are that Mike so far has met Amy (Almeeker) and Tori and is about to meet Quinn. All I know for sure is that I never "cyber-met" a "7 Day Motivationer" (are either of those real words? LOL) that I didn't like. We'll get you on Luv's Eat Clean list--congrats on a job well done so far! Thanks for the reminder. I love how you phrased that: "lifestyle cookie". I'll start saying "lifestyle pork rinds" and "lifestyle sugar free chocolate" to differentiate them from Eat Clean Pact cheats. What is KD?

Luv, did you catch that Jho can be added to the Eat Clean Pact list?

April, you don't wake up for even one bathroom trip at night? I'm so jealous! LOL All kidding aside, I'm really glad for you. I can only sleep like that if I'm loaded up with antihistamines from a severe sinus allergy. DH is a sound sleeper, too. Our bedroom is downstairs. Once I screamed after falling down from the top of the seven steps into our bedroom and DH didn't even wake up.

Mike, I'll bet if anyone can pull that bonus out of the fire, YOU can. What a great attitude! Aw, I hope the bike and insurance happens for you. You certainly do deserve some extra special happiness. So that's the new motto for our group: "It takes a winning attitude even when you get your ass kicked..." LOL And we certainly don't want our pimp daddy to be all fat on a bike. Your lunch looks great! Yum! Enjoy the weekend with moderation and a controlled cheat. It's like going on vacation--you can hardly enjoy those special days on a rigid diet. You can start fresh again on Monday. I belonged to two different online diet and exercise support groups before I came here and both had diet and food police that thought everything had to be done THEIR way with no allowances for special occasions or individual differences in dietary needs and tolerances. Stuffy old bats! LOL
Old 03-16-2012, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I have never actually known anyone who watched movies at 1AM. I have been so tempted to over the years, but my "modern" brain keeps telling me that 1 AM is not the "right" time. I think I may just go for it the next time
If I don't keep my mind occupied it eventually goes to work... I can actually plan meetings, write e-mails, write sections of documents... all in my head while lying there waiting to get back to sleep. If I am really productive I'll charge a little work time the next day for the effort. One way to get away from work at 1am it to zone out on the tube for an hour. Good bets are documentaries on Netflix - How the Earth was Made, The Pyramid Code, stuff like that. If really brave I'll put on Ghost Hunters, but it can creep me out and have the opposite effect . It is nice to find out the 4/2/4 sleep routine is normal! Makes me feel closer to my ancestors... unfortunately I don't have a fire place or I may go tribal for effect .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.