Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. A bad week followed by a worse weekend. I've been craving brownies and everywhere I tried to buy one didn't have them. I made them and of course ate the whole pan. Hope that is the end of that craving. Time to get back to fitness. On a positive note I was able to go for a bike ride yesterday. I hated to step on the scales today however I did to assess the damage.

My goal is to get back to calorie control, water and exercise. The basics will do for this week. This is going to be the first 10% challange in a year where I have had a gain instead of a loss unless I get my but in gear today and lose for the next 3 weeks. Mary
Old 03-12-2012, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Went back to the gym today and burned 180 calories on the treadmill.

Mary, kudos on getting back on track and for being brave enough to step on the scale. Great that you got in a bike ride yesterday. Don't forget to give yourself credit for keeping off 25.2 lbs. since Dec. 2010. But we know you've got the spunk to reach your goal.

Amy, welcome home. I hope you are able to get right back down to business after your NO trip. Did you learn any new curse words from Mike that you can't tell me until after Lent? LOL

Mike, congrats on being down 2.8 for the week. Yellow polka dot bikini. Oh, Lordy!

Jho82, welcome! I've felt exactly like you many times--afraid to make a little change and in my case, for sure, having a fear of failure. Joining this group and hanging in there with the other members has helped me a lot. We understand that none of us is perfect, but we encourage each other to continue picking ourselves back up and starting fresh each time we fall. Someone here had/has a line in her signature that says the only real failure is quitting. It may take me longer to reach goal, but I'll never give up! A nurse once told me that except for caffeine our bodies don't care where we get our water. So I count my decaf tea and flavored waters, lemon water, tea made with spearmint or fennel leaves toward my water goal, too.

Luv, oh, I see I misread about your phone. Glad it's OK. "Bad-itude"--I love that! LOL

Nobe, that's why I have a calorie limit of 1600 per day to lose weight--I can't lose on deprivation because it makes me think of cheating too often and then I fall into a binge when I feel deprived. I do that, too--lose some and then gain some or all back. Don't understand why I can't be excited with the loss and be proud of myself enough to continue. Congrats on your water and exercise yesterday and I hope your thighs feel better this morning! Glad you're in with me and Luv on the clean eating pledge this week (except for the two treats I allow myself that help keep me from eating full carb junk.) We'll work harder on fixing our self-sabotage. We really shouldn't skip breakfast, but I understand totally that it happens sometimes. I take care of grandkids before (and after) school, then I get busy with necessary, more pressing than breakfast things and sometimes it's almost lunch time before I first eat.

Tori, you must be really active, burning a whole lot of calories just in your regular everyday life outside calorie limits and exercise to continue losing. I don't know what it is, but you are doing something right that I'm not seeing in your reports. Whatever it is, keep up the good work. Major congrats on the 1.8 lb. loss!

Mike, LOL on kicking Tori. How is that girl losing weight with all her red? I swear she HAS to be doing something right that's not showing in written word.

Ruby, honey, insomnia does indeed suck. My heart really goes out to you. My husband drives me nuts with his packratting broken things that are too expensive to repair and that he doesn't know how to repair. His dresser is filled up with junk he never uses (like utility bill details ever since we lived in this house here-38 years, insurance riders on policies we no longer have, car repair bills on cars we no longer have, playing cards with cards missing, ...) and instead of cleaning out his dresser he built a shelf for his clothes in the laundry room. I have insomnia, too, but I don't have a baby to help keep me awake. If I need to, I can try to get in a quick nap when my grandkids are in school, but then I'm usually more tired when I wake up. Come here and vent and time you need to. I hope you have a much better day and somehow get a good night sleep tonight. Nice goals you have this week! I already crabbed at my DH today, even after fairly good sleep last night. That man is as stubborn as they come! UGH!

Terri, I'm glad your finger feels better. Certainly keyboarding would not help the pain or recovery, so it makes perfect sense to me to have taken the week off from posting. How interesting, but frustrating for you, I'm sure, that you are in the Plateau of No Sense. I don't know--I've of some people doing "planned cheats" (that freak out the diet police) to keep their bodies guessing and in turn fool the scales. But I've had no experience with it myself--when I go off plan my scale screams at me. Good for you for not giving up--I'm inclined to agree with you that your body knows you're at a comfortable weight and is just being stubborn. Hey, that's a GREAT idea to post daily what you're eating. You could have some hidden carbs or something. My doc told me to give up the avocados and extra olive oil I was eating to help reduce my cholesterol and triglycerides. It says all over the Internet that it helps, but she told me even though they're good fats, they're still loaded with fat calories and do more to hinder weight loss than to help lower triglycerides and cholesterol. So I gave up eating my 1/2 Haas avocado on a daily basis and will just enjoy it occasionally. Sorry, but I got such a chuckle out of your Dad eating the Milky Ways because they're so small and can't hurt, but wouldn't eat the melon. Your Mom is so sweet to have been so encouraging instead of saying "I TOLD you so!" LOL We all know the exercise and small meals are a great idea for anyone, so it's wonderful he' geared up for that. I hope his eye surgery goes well. I'll keep him in my prayers. I love reading your posts--the length doesn't bother me. Some of us post as much, but it's spread over several posts during the day, so you're really no more yacky than many of us here. Oh, keeping my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed for you on the job front. Big hug to ya!

Last edited by Mern; 03-12-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in, goals later.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

This is fun that ya’ll start a new thread every week! I did really good last week, and I think that logging onto FD every day, checking the thread, being really good with logging all food (even the tablespoons of EVOO I cook veggies in), has really made a difference!

Weighed in this morning at my lowest weight since I started logging in January! Yee ha! Need to check the batteries in the scale… but my pants seem just a little bit looser than I remember…

Food/Fitness Goals for the Week
1 – 64oz water every day.
2 – 1500 cals or less each day – no exceptions!
3 – Go to the Gym 2x this week – treadmill, stairmaster, and weights.
4- Stick with veggies for most meals, and try to go gluten free when possible.
5 – Don’t snack before dinner.
6 – Take a walk either before or after dinner.

Family /Home Goals
1 – Take Grandma out for a car ride. This is actually a major chore as she is 90, in a wheel chair, has dementia/memory loss, and gets really pissed off if we don’t stop at McD’s and get chocolate Sunday’s.
2 – Go to bed later so I don’t wake up at 2am staring at the ceiling until 4am.
3 – Do SOMETHING productive between 8 and 10 at night. I have curtains to make, albums to finish, paperwork to file …laundry is a given… this will be a tough one as I am typically glued to the couch after 8 every night.

Goals for Today
1 - Don’t stress. Even during this afternoon’s client meeting.
2 – Don’t sound like an idiot this afternoon.
3 – Give myself a break – I am not an idiot!
4 – Take a walk after work with the family- nice to have an x-tra hour of daylight!

Happy Monday, and be safe. Ama
Old 03-12-2012, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

I'm in, but starting with a bad start, going to have to make up for it through out the week, french toast was my Enemy today. Kids woke up and asked for it and of course walked straight to the kitchen with out even thinking about it and made it for them. Than eat a few pieces as well. That was my down fall, then felt pretty bad after. I forgot about my diet and trying to change my life at 6am this morning. So eat a lot of calories already is any one else have trouble, stopping drinking soda. Cause I am, never knew it had such a hold on me before. Any hoo,

My goals are for this week:
1.) is to lose a half an inch on hips and tummy
2.) To stand when ever possible instead of sit around
3.) to cut down my soda drinking to 1, 12 oz can a day
(right now, about 3/4 a 2 litter a day)
4.) to measure my body every day or every other day, hate doing so have to get used to it.

Other stuff:
Workout to a 30 minute video at least four to five days this week.
work on standing up for myself, really bad at it.
(every one says I'm too nice) My boyfriend has been poking fun at my weight and dose not know that it hurt's as badly as it dose.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Banned

deep fried butter is more like a batter around a liquid,,they have diff flavors of the butter...its really good..the garlic butter was my fav!!
Deep fried snickers is good too along with deep fried oreo...just a batter around a snicker n oreo cookie...
Deep fried coke was crap and deep fried bubble gum... we try anything in Texas

Originally Posted by almeeker
You can get beer battered dill pickle chips at the local pub here, very yummy. And that kitchen in particular will deep fry anything to order (after 6:00pm, they are usually pretty drunk back there). But I've never heard of deep fried Oreos, I'm intrigued. I heard in TX they have people waiting in mile long lines for deep fried butter. It's hard to fathom, not the line so much, the finished product.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow I'm happy to be in. Goals now. Chat soon.

FITDAY Challenge *~* CLEAN HOUSE
Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. -Jim Rohn

Check-in:
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk

"EAT CLEAN" PACT w/ Mern is on the table.
(Sun MN thru Sat MN. Eat clean = FILL-UP on Good + AVOID Junk)

_____FIT__health___
FOCUS (3) Mind & Heart
() Audio Bible (15 Chapt):
() Hlth Group (Bk Study x7):x3
() Thankfulness Journal (x6):

INTAKE (4) Nutrition
FOOD .'. {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
() Clean (FILL-UP on Good + AVOID Junk) -> YES x0
() 1600-1700 Calorie -> AT/BELOW x0
() Water (64 oz) -> YES x0
() Supplements -> YES x0

TRAIN (4) Movement {M_ }
() Aerobic (150"):30"
() Muscular (Circuit x3):x1
() Miles -Focused Feet (10 mi):2 mi
() Lifestyle Activity (20 hrs):

_____DAY__life___
DAZZLE (2):
*Kitchen & Cleaning (10 hr) Þ
*Clothing (x5) Þ
ADMINISTRATE (1): *Deskwork/Contacts (1 hr) Þ
YOMP-Outside Work (1): *Clean (x2) Þ

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-12-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Adjusted Lifestyle Activity.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

My goals worked pretty well for me last week since I am down 3.4lbs since last Monday. So I think I will stick with them. Or most of them anyway. Last week, I set my calorie deficit goal for the week at 5000 and ended up at 7037!! I worked out Mon-Sat and on Sat I finished day 10 of level one of the 30 Day Shred. I kicked bootie on most of my weekend goals too (whole house spiffed up in general, cleaned out the snake & fish tanks, swept out the car & did the windows on it, finished up that first forsynthia bush too!) And on Sunday I stuffed a chicken and we had a wonderful dinner too! I was all over it this weekend and it felt good! All except the sciatic nerve pinch I have in my right cheek that started yesterday morning. I refuse to let it get the better of me though. I am working through it.

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. No Diet Coke (still hanging on for lent)
3. 30 Day Shred 6 days of the week M: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch when I can (not Weds due to sonogram appt) M: 40min - 2miles,
5. Log it!
6. Carbs under 50%
7. Weekly deficit of 5000 Deficit this week:
8. Weigh and post it daily M: 261.4lbs, Weight change this week: lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Don't get frustrated. He isn't doing it just to make me upset.
2. Do full body measurements...putting tape in my purse to take home right now!
3. Read something that is not on the internet x3 this week

Amy ... Nice to see ya back! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Tori ... 1.8lbs lost and fitting into smallest jeans in your closet! Woohoo!!

Jho82 ... Welcome to the group!

Terri ... I have been kind of fighting with my weight too the past month or so. I will get down to 260 and then back up to almost 265. This week I'm starting at 261.4 so I hope I can beat it this time! ... I am so happy to hear that your dad is taking his health more seriously. ... Oh and Good Luck on that interview Thursday. Just slow down and take a breath before answering when they are finished asking a question.

Ruby ... Yay for you on getting a walk in! Soon the weather will be nice and you and baby can get out there with the stroller. ... I hope you get some better sleep soon.

Mike ... Down 2.8lbs! Go PimpDaddy!

Mary ... Luckily for me, my brownie eating happened about 2 weeks ago and I lucked into a store bought pack with only 6 in the pack. 2 for each me and the hubby and one for each of the kids. Too bad I ate both of mine in one day and the second one had a side of full fat ice cream!

Luv ... I got a non-food treat last night. How's a new rug scrubber for ya? LOL! I was desperately in need. We have pink and light green carpet in our whole house and last winter adopted our wonderful Chloe at 15 months old and no potty manners. She is fine now but our carpet is a little on the spotty side. No matter the amount of spot scrubbing you do, it just isn't the same.

Mern ... Good for you going out to the gym today!

Ama ... I don't know if we have met yet, I'm another yappy one! LOL ... Good for you on the pants feeling looser. That's what it is all about! Sometimes the scale doesn't reflect what the waistline does.

Happy ... Is your soda diet? It was hard to give up for me too. I used to drink about a 2 liter of Mt Dew every day!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Grrrr, I'm in. Fighting the urge not to work (or work out) and to get Chinese food at 4:30 pm but I decided to join you guys hoping to fight off evil urges.

Problem is I'm tired from 2 nights poor sleep. Am also in financial aid hell; college students, and moms (and dad) of college students or potential ones, can you feel my pain? What do you mean they haven't recieved the right forms, why haven't you told us, these are the only ones we have...etc.

Was in NYC for a couple of calorie mad days. But at least they don't FRY everything, man NOLA was intense for that. I used to say do they just fry whatever they have in the house, or whatever happens to wander by?

Congrats to all who have lost weight. I am not one of you. Grrrr...not that I am bitter she says as she kicks the evil scale across the room.

Saw the Cindy Sherman exhibit at MoMa - intense and disturbing.

OK no time to read posts (see goal #7) but I will try and catch up.

Goals:
1) get back on track diet wise
2) 6 glasses of water
3) walk or gym 3 x this week
4) stretch
5) limit sugar
6) low carb
7) there is no excuse not to write every day

Will you keep me honest? Urge for Chinese food may be passing as I realize my tummy has been weird and I have decided to track my day...not soooo bad so far. So we shall see....

Last edited by canary52; 03-12-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Was in NYC for a couple of calorie mad days. But at least they don't FRY everything, man NOLA was intense for that. I used to say do they just fry whatever they have in the house, or whatever happens to wander by?
Yes, we can fry dirt and it'll taste good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.