Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Community
Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Well Amy ... even if you did fall face first into pizza & chocolate cookies, you kicked ass the rest of the day! Even on your "other stuff" goals. You will get it back and good for you and your workout partner for that 2 hr walk.

I was so tempted to just take the dogs for a nice long walk this morning instead of seeing Jillian on my TV but it is still pitch black at 5am so I dug out the weights and got dressed and made it through.
Awesome, BIDIA award to you. I got up at 5:00am too, but I hurt everywhere and didn't manage to make myself get that workout done. To keep myself on track I only need to do 25 minutes today, so I might still manage to get 'er done. I'm thinking tonight if the weather clears out, I might call my WP and we can go for a bike ride. She's a serious biking fanatic, I won't have to beg or anything.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) get back on track diet wise: Y? (not really for Monday let's be honest) Y, Y
2) 6 glasses of water: 8, 10, 9
3) walk or gym 3 x this week: N too tired, N, N ALLERGIES
4) stretch: Y, Y, Y
5) limit sugar: Y, Y,Y
6) low carb: N, Y, Y
7) there is no excuse not to write every day: There are plenty of excuses! But I tried so I will say Y, tried, tried - kinda in a slump
Old 03-15-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Morning all!! I'm feeling a smidge better now that the sun is up and I'm not hiding under the covers. I just now finished all my paperwork. Until tomorrow that is. Is what it is. I'm starting to feel the effects of not sleeping last night. I'm getting droopy eyed and stupid. I have a feelin that another couple of hours and I'll be asleep standing up. Oh well, it's my own fault.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Morning all!! I'm feeling a smidge better now that the sun is up and I'm not hiding under the covers. I just now finished all my paperwork. Until tomorrow that is. Is what it is. I'm starting to feel the effects of not sleeping last night. I'm getting droopy eyed and stupid. I have a feelin that another couple of hours and I'll be asleep standing up. Oh well, it's my own fault.

Hope everyone has a good day.
And here you thought you loved Spring Forward. You hate it my friend, it's past time you admitted it.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
And here you thought you loved Spring Forward. You hate it my friend, it's past time you admitted it.
If you remember, I said I only liked it once I got use to it. Until then, I despise it!!!! I'm gonna go on the hunt for caffeine now....
Old 03-15-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Mern ... I almost forgot to reply to you. The hysterosonogram went well. I had very light cramping during the procedure. The whole thing took maybe 2-3 minutes for her to get the pictures that she needed. As you sit up the water that they put inside comes out. Ewwwww! As I drive home I can feel more water 'in there'. And I got home and was rushing upstairs and hubby was in the kitchen. He said "Are you okay?" I must have looked panicked! I said yep, be right back! LOL

Thanks for asking. Now I just get to wait a week or so until the results are read and she decides what to do. They said that last time too though and called me the very next day so we'll see. Still not stressing!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Had a long post going on WordPad but had to transport kids to two different schools this morning. Dashing out the door with four kids instead of my usual two, I thought it would be OK to leave my document as it was, but then DH woke up while I was gone and deleted it to read his freakin' email jokes. And he says it's MY fault he deleted it because (even though we've had a computer for over 10 years) I shouldn't expect him to remember to hit the minus sign to minimize something if he doesn't know whether I want to save it or not. But he can remember to hit an X to delete something! Grrrrrrr

So, in a nutshell:

I had to read quickly last night, so if there's anyone else besides Amy and Ama who want to be added to Luv's (fit4luv) list of Clean Eating Pacters, just let her know. You can set your own clean eating terms--it may mean different things for different people Just be honest with yourselves--there are no food police here.

I think I may go back and add Eat Clean to the top of my daily reports for more visible accountability on our pact.

Luv, Amy and Ama joined the Clean Eating Pact, too. Kudos on getting through your struggle last night. I just barely made my sat fat average--had to force myself to eat extra protein and carbs to not have a red number. I agree sometimes we have to take one MOMENT at a time rather than one DAY at a time. Ooh, I'm down another 1 1/2 lbs. to 214.5 thanks to THE CLEAN EATING PACT! Golly, thanks SO MUCH for coming up with that idea! Congrats on your added loss, too!

Mike, your Mama raised you well--she taught you to do your best no matter how challenging it is and that somethings the rewards are further down the road. Congrats on all your exercise! Hope you enjoyed playing pool last night.

Nobe, GREAT Wednesday report!

Tori, a little walking is better than no exercise at all, and kudos for doing it with your asthma acting up. Kudos on the weight still melting away. And kudos on not decapitating your boss. LOL Glad you're feeling a bit better today. Wishing you a good sleep tonight.

April, I'm glad your hysterosonogram went well. I'm not familiar with that so was glad you explained about the water. That had to be an awlward situation dribbling afterwards. (But a small giggle here when I read that part.) Lucky you got to come home after that instead of having to go elsewhere. I hope you get the results quickly and that it will be something not serious and quickly remedied. Fantastic job on your Wednesday achievements! We know sodium weight comes off quickly. Don't fret about that. Drinking extra water over the next few days should flush it out. (No pun intended. LOL) I was just plain lucky that I squeeked by without a sodium gain showing up on my scale this morning. The about six ounces deli meat and 2.6 ounces of cheese WERE low sodium, so my guess it that it was low sodium ENOUGH for my scale to not penalize me. I don't track my sodium--just strive to eat low sodium. But sometimes I crave it, too, especially with a yummy ham or Chinese. Well, you get a BIDIA award for working out when you were discouraged. I hope your Saturday planned activites with DH are fun things. Honey, I know exactly how you feel. To manage my weight and my health I have to log or pre-log every damned morsel of food that goes into my mouth. It's such a chore and so time consuming, but it does pay off in the end. We have to keep that in mind. I secretly wanted to bitch slap a lady who complained about wearing a size four because she was "sooooooooooooooo fat". I think it's so inconsiderate for people like her to do that with someone like me who wears a size twenty! But, thin people can look great but be unhealthy. I'll bet you I'm way healthier than the size four lady who complained to me. I was also PO'd with my DH this morning because by now he should know how important our group is to me, offering support that he can't give me. He can eat anything he wants except for simply doing lowER carb and doesn't have to work out as much as I do. I also complain aloud at home that my eating and exercise lifestyle take so much time out of my day and yet his deleting my post that took me half an hour to compose after reading our thread didn't concern him a bit and he wasn't even sorry. It was like he was saying that's what I get for not removing it so he could read his email jokes. Well, OK, now you made me feel better with your comment about ripping a new one. ROFLMAO!

I knew exactly what you meant--it's great that some people can eat whatever they want--they just shouldn't rub it in our faces with their thoughtless complaints to us. People shouldn't read between the lines. You're OK!

Amy, congrats on all the green you did achieve yesterday. Don't ya just hate when calories or grams of something else sabotages our percentage goals? Oh, wow, you did pay dearly for the pizza and mass quantities of cookies with that carb hangover. It usually hits me for only one day. Why do impending thunderstorms cause swelling? Does it aggravate your arthritis or something? OK, so do we hear from you a pledge to get back into the Clean Eating Pact. Hint, hint...

Today for breakfast I had a turnip green omelet with two tablespoons of Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo and a cup of almond flavored decaf coffee with a teaspoon of non-dairy creamer. It was just heavenly! Yum, yum, yum! Amy's tuna melt omelet reminds me of some easy omelet type egg recipes that can be baked ahead in muffin tins and refrigrated for use the next few days. I'll retrieve them later and post them here.

Hope, excellent job yesterday! I hope your allergy discomforts subside soon!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Tori –It sounds like your body and mind just need a well deserved break. Even the little stresses in life can add up and knock you down for a day, so just staying under the covers to recover for awhile is perfectly okay as far as I’m concerned. Okay - this is coming from a cavewoman – she who has the personality type that only recharges with alone time. Good for you for getting outside by the end of the day, and so glad you are feeling better!

April – So glad to hear about the great therapy session, what a relief that must have been, keep up the fantastic work! But I am so sorry to hear about your really crappy day after. You have come a long way, 65lbs down, that is fantastic! I really hope you are feeling better today.

Ruby – Only 4 weeks, you are doing awesome! I hardly even got out of my recliner for an entire week, and then it was quite some time before I could really get moving again. Lucky baby to have such an active Mommy!

Mike – I am so sorry to hear about the loss of bonus… but your attitude is admirable given the situation. Great work ethic!

Nobe – How fun to be able to walk to the store! Not in the crazy wind/ice shards of course, but what great exercise! I kind of wish my Hubby would hide his cookies… instead he shoves the package in my face and tempts me to join in the calorie splurge… sigh.

Jho – I re-use Gatorade bottles sometimes to measure my H2O – they are 32 oz each, so 2 of them meet my daily goal. The nipple comment reminded me of a game at my baby shower where they put beer in baby bottles then a prize went to the guest who could drink it down the fastest. I don’t think they enjoyed the game that much, but was absolutely hilarious to watch!

Mern – What a challenge you have balancing all the carbs, fats, protein… that must take a lot of time and patience! I envy your tenacity; I can’t even balance my checkbook… I was just a little unclean last night – I snuck a pack of my sons fruity treats into my bathrobe pocket and snacked away. My hubby noticed and just smiled, good think the kid didn’t see me! Two glasses of wine last night… guess I better log that and see where I ended up.

Luv – Love the posting too! I was doing really bad at logging and my weight had pretty much hit a plateau until I joined the thread. Down 2 lbs in the last week.5 now because I am really paying attention!

Amy – Oh for the love of pizza… it can take down even a person with the strongest willpower! I have been trying to make pizza at home when I can. Easier to roll out the crust as thin as possible and limit the high cal/fat/sodium ingredients. Sorry to hear about the 3 day carb hangover…
Old 03-15-2012, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

I did pretty good yesterday, even with the 2 glasses of wine! Was up at 4am because my son was sick - not really sick, but his lingering head-cold has him waking up coughing and he actually coughed so hard he puked all over me - ug. I had planned to take him out today to art and crafts, but since I am teleworking today I think we’ll just stay in and take it easy. I think we both need a down day.

Thursday goals

1 - Go for a long walk – if not raining.
2 - Work at home for a while, at least respond to e-mails.
3 - Laundry, dishes, bathrooms, etc.
4 - Keep calorie intake under 1500, and keep up with the H2O.
5 - Try to stick with an exercise video (Netflix has lots to choose from).
6 - Take a nap.

Have a great day everyone!

---------------------------
Ama
For fellow space junkies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalthea_(moon) )

Age 39, Height 5’6”
Short term goal: Fit into my favorite old Levis 515’s – and still be able to breathe. (5 lbs to go)
Short term goal #2: Be able to wear a swim suit this summer and not feel like I need to suck in my stomach all the time. (10lbs to go + a miracle suit)
Long term goal: Live a healthy lifestyle; physically, mentally and spiritually.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, kudos to you for limiting yourself to the small pack of fruity snacks. Heck, that wine is OK since you usually allow it. Just jump right back into the clean eating. You'll wind up just fine at the end of the week. Thanks for your kind words. It's a real pain in the backside balancing the carbs, fats and protein. My doctor also has me log to reach a limit of 12% of my calories as saturated fat and a limit of 300mg cholesterol. BUT sometimes I have to spend half an hour or more juggling numbers and portions to achieve it and sometimes I DON'T achieve it if I neglect to prelog as much food as I can before eating. It HATE having to do it. UGH! I don't know algebra, so it's just a process of trial and error that takes so long. BUT I know I'll be healthier in the long run and so far I'm able to escape meds for blood sugar, high cholesterol and high triglycerides by managing them through a strict diet. So it's worth the work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.