Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12 >

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Community
Notices

The "GET OFF YOUR LAZY BUTT", 7-Day Motivational Thread. Starting 3/12/12

Old 03-14-2012, 06:59 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Awesome Jho82!

Originally Posted by Jho82
I went from super bummed to super happy - mostly about getting awesome pointers from you guys!!! 40 oz today so far and I will be able to chug down 8 more oz (I may be up all night or just decide to sleep on the toilet but whatevs) I actually started using my kids bottles so that I know exactly how much I'm getting - they are 8oz bottles which I can easily chug! (and no - I don't chug them with the nipple on!)

I was so happy to read this report. I'm so happy for you!

Isn't that so exciting when you meet goals, even beyond your expectation?! LOL- I love you using your kid's bottle. The things I did when my kids were babies. Sounds like you can make 48 oz water your current goal & then re-assess for next week. I think the body adjusts, but yes . . . I visit the restroom frequently.

I just love this thread. This thread is a major reason I stay with FitDay. I love the tools & the people.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-14-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:47 PM
FitDay Member

Default Finally getting around to posting Tuesday & Wednesday

Health/Fitness
1--no more than 1500 calories-M: 1485, 1229, 1408
2--minimum 64 oz water daily--more is better-M: 70.7, ummm, maybe 20, 32ish
3--get off my ass and work out--I've really been struggling with this--M: Zumba Tu: Cardio Burn W: yoga Th: Zumba F: Cardio Burn Sa: yoga Su: watch yoga level 2-M: got off work late so had to improvise. Cousin called and wanted to walk. We only did a little over a mile, but then I talked her into doing Burn with me. She now hates Bob Harper as much as I do., nada, I walked...that's it
4--walk a minimum of 3 miles Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday-M: 1.14 wasn't scheduled, but I did it, so I'm posting it Tu: nuttin W: 1.25, I didn't hit my 3 because my asthma was acting up
5--post weight daily-M: 197.6 Tu: 199.0 W: 197.4

Life/Home
1--finish all laundry-N, N, N
2--wash and vacuum car-planned for day off on Wednesday-nope
3--finish all paperwork, at work or at home-N, got done what I could at home, gonna go in early to work and finish it off there
4--take deep cleansing breaths when she rattles my nerves, don't lose patience, and don't make snappy comments to her. she can't help most of it-minor snafu when I was at work. But I corrected myself halfway through, kind of, YES
5--breathe through the stress, don't cry about it-I teared up, but didn't break down, had a moment but calmed myself, unfortunately there were lots of tears today

Tuesday and Wednesday both sucked. I slept pretty much all day, on my day off, but it is what it is. I finally pulled myself out of bed at around 6pm, but only because I was hungry. I made food, ate, walked a little, and then had to hit up WalMart because I didn't have pencils to do my paperwork. I finally got started on it around 930-10. Finished what I could do at home at like 330. So, I figure what's the point in going to sleep now? I'm going to go ahead and pack breakfast and lunch, and then hop in the shower. By that time, I should be ready to leave for work. Going in an hour 1/2 early to finish this paperwork. That way boss man doesn't say "omg, it's still not done?" And I don't have to decapitate him. We're do for an audit, so I know he's just stressed because it's major points off if it's not completed, but seriously, I can't do everything. It seems like because I've been with the company for as long as I have, and I do my job well and in a timely manner they think that I need MORE to do. I don't! Every time I turn around it's "Tori, we're going to need you to start running this report. It shouldn't take you more than an hour or so a day to get it done." Well, those hour or so a day's add up. I'm just frustrated.

'K. Off to pack food. Hopefully Thursday will bring brighter skies, and the dark clouds lift from over my head....
Old 03-14-2012, 08:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jho82
Uuummmmm I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BLAMED THE CAT! REALLY!?
I sure did. She doesn't mind, she knows it's true.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks for the sympathy ladies. I'm bummed out but it is what it is. Those are the rules so I have to take the good with the bad. The biggest blow is b/c I don't make that much money so the bonus was about a (much needed) 50% increase in my pay. I guess that's why my mom use to always tell me "Don't count your chickens before they hatch!" I just have to stay focused, keep doing what I'm doing, helping clients, building my book of business (clientele) and just know that later down the road I will be rewarded handsomely for all my hard work.
I keep telling myself the same.....I'm just ready for "later down the road" to finally get here.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 PM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. No Diet Coke (still hanging on for lent) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. 30 Day Shred Level 2 - 6 days of the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch when I can (not Weds due to sonogram appt) M: 40min - 2miles, T: 40min - 2miles, W: appt day,
5. Log it! M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
6. Carbs under 50% M: 57%, T: 40%, W: 44%,
7. Weekly deficit of 5000 M: -854, T: -762,W: 614, Deficit this week: -2230
8. Weigh and post it daily M: 261.4lbs, T: 261.6lbs, W: 263.6lbs, Th: 264.8lbs again I say.... EFF'in sodium!!, Weight change this week: +3.4lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Don't get frustrated. He isn't doing it just to make me upset. M: Awesome day! , T: Another good day,W: Wonderful evening,
2. Do full body measurements...putting tape in my purse to take home right now!M: Nope, T: Nope, W: DONE!!
3. Read something that is not on the internet x3 this week M: No, T: No, W: Yes...not much though, just 2 articles in a magazine but it's something,

I am so pissed this morning at myself. I knew that the soup that I was eating for supper last night was high in sodium. So what do I do but have 2 bowls of it. Yeah, that is 4 servings! And my sodium was off the charts yesterday. I really need to get online and find soup recipes that I can home make and reduce the sodium. The frozen prepackaged crap just isn't going to cut it anymore. I have completely undid all the weight that I lost last week in the past two days due to EFF'in sodium!

I really didn't want to even bother working out this morning due to the mood I was in after I stepped on the scale, BIDIA! I'm not saying today that it actually made me feel better this time, but I would have felt worse had I not done it. And I had to think that I probably won't make it to work out on Saturday if all the plans my hubby is making actually work out for that day. I have Sunday scheduled off but if I don't make it for Saturday I may try to do it Sunday so I'm not off two days in a row. Sometimes you just gotta make time to let life happen though. I'm sure if Saturday happens though that there will be at least 2 meals on the road that day and that could be a disaster waiting to happen too.

I am just in a foul mood this morning. I hate having to live this way. I hate that every single thing I put in my mouth can make me gain weight but you have to eat to survive. I hate that some people can seemingly eat all that they want of anything that they want and stay a size 2. And they don't ever work out. That isn't to say that their arteries may not clog up when they are 40 but they still don't have this physical appearance that I do.

Okay, deep breath, remind myself that I could still weight @65lbs more than I do right now and try to be proud of how far I have come. Take into account all the compliments that I got from my wonderful hubby in the past week. (He is noticing size difference) I just wish I could get the weight difference to match the size difference.

Sorry for all that, but I needed it out before I go to work and rip someone a new.... well you know!

Edit.....In re=reading my post, I hope my comments don't offend anyone. I don't want that comment about people who can eat what they want to come across wrong.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 PM
FitDay Member

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400-1,500 or lower. 1,562, 1,888, 3,115
2. Water 100 oz daily. 50, 100, 100
3. Workout 5 hours total. 0 min, 45 min, 101 min (total 2:26)
4. Protein 25% or better. 22%, 22%, 16%
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 or more. -418, -670, +864 (total -224)
6. Log everything and post daily. Y,Y,Y
7. Do not be a weekend slacker. So far so good. It's only Tues, and I'm getting weak already. I was a big fat weekend slacker and it's only Wednesday.

Other Stuff:

1. Call and get booth cookie sales arranged and make sign-up sheet. CALL MADE. DONE.
2. Type up new G.S. calendar and note about parade. N, DONE
3. Call 4-H office about mandatory meetings. N,N, DONE
4. Call guy about the elliptical. N,N, DONE
5. Call dad about wagon for Friday. N,N, DONE
6. Call Dr. about appointment. N,N,N
7. Housework 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry. NN, YY, YY

Lenten Goals:

No white flour N,N,N
No white sugar N,N,N
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off. N,Y,Y
No cheating Y,Y/N, N
No profanity Y,Y,N

Yesterday was a mixed bag, I got lots of things done but in spite of having a plan and knowing that I was headed in to a minefield, I happily danced into that box of pizza and landed flat on my face, straight down into the sauce. It was bad. And to make it worse, I woke up this morning with a really bad carb hangover. I really wish that I was one of those people that could learn how to handle a carb crash and just move past it, but I have to go through all the symptoms every time. It'll be a full 3 days before I don't wake up with the "need sugar" shakes, I'm also swollen head to toe, but that might also be from the impending thunderstorms we're supposed to have today. And if the pizza incident wasn't bad enough, I also did some experimental baking yesterday and made a batch of chocolate meringue cookies, which are only 10 calories each! Only problem is that the recipe makes about 100 and I ate maybe 20 of them, probably more. OMGoodness they are sooooo delicious. They taste like a chocolate shake, and I didn't bake them quite long enough so they were crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside like a piece of taffy. On a good note I went for a lovely long walk last night, nearly 2 hours. Workout partner saved the day!!!

Terri, how is dad doing? I totally cracked up at "I need to eat a cow".

Last edited by almeeker; 03-15-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
That is what I have been eating lately too. 1 egg, 1 egg white and about 1/2-3/4 cup of roasted red & green pepper strips and onions. Usually a slice of american cheese in there. And then no bread or toast at all. So Yummy!! I can make this for me while I still make the guys what they want and I don't feel cheated out of 'the good stuff'.
I think we should all have breakfast together. Yum. Lately for lunch I've been fixing omelets, 3 egg whites with a little Cajun seasoning whipped in, a can of mushrooms and 2 slices of Kraft ff cheese, for a whopping calorie count of 141 calories. Sooooo yummy. I have a couple of red peppers, which I should chop up, cause your version sounds good too.

The other day I made myself a "tuna melt" omelet. I'd been toying with the idea for a while, but the protein count on it made me think it was sort of a crazy idea, but after I did it I wondered why I hadn't tried it sooner. I just made tuna salad with mustard and relish, put the egg whites in the pan, laid a piece of fat free cheese on either side topped it with the tuna salad and then folded it over, it was delicious. It'll be great for those days when my carbs are off the charts, which is like what, pretty much every day?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Yeah, some people say "is that a pimp cane in your pants or are you happry to see me" No... not really.
LOL, well your bank account may not be intact, but your sense of humor is right where it needs to be. Sorry about the claims, that really sucks.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
Well, this was about 14 years and 60 pounds ago, and I was heavily made up. It was easier when I was young and cute. Now? I've barely got any pictures of me with my kid because I run away whenever a camera comes out and systematically delete any pictures that do get taken except the (very) odd flattering one. I feel kinda guilty about that. Maybe I should put on wigs and theatre makeup for every occasion where there might be pictures, haha.
I went to art school, so about 1/2 the people I knew took a photo class at one point or another. I used to do a lot of shoots, it was a good trade for me because the photo people were always game to figure model in exchange. Anyway I also had the odd gift of being photogenic, but that apparently is a thing of the past . Last year I got a smart phone and take the occasional accidental photo of myself and good grief that thing take THE WORST PICTURES OF ME EVER!!! Run and hide people, run and hide. I totally hear you on "no pictures of me with the kid", although it's usually because I'm on the other side of the camera.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Well Amy ... even if you did fall face first into pizza & chocolate cookies, you kicked ass the rest of the day! Even on your "other stuff" goals. You will get it back and good for you and your workout partner for that 2 hr walk.

I was so tempted to just take the dogs for a nice long walk this morning instead of seeing Jillian on my TV but it is still pitch black at 5am so I dug out the weights and got dressed and made it through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.