Notices

Something my mom said

Old 03-25-2012, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

My mother's never been annoying about this, but her mother is extremely unpleasant about the subject. She's always been very fat, but that has never stopped her from making me feel horribly self-conscious. My mother knows so and last time we went over to my grandma's she commented that I'd lost weight (which was undeniable, so my grandma would have to agree) and the only thing she said was: 'It doesn't matter, her tits are so big she still looks the same size'.
Also, when I was a child she would always tease me saying things like: 'You'd love to have a body like your aunt's, wouldn't you?' (just for the record, yes, my aunt is very skinny, but her body has a horrible shape, I would NOT trade places with her).
My other grandmother is not that rude, but she is definitely a piece of work. She won't stop making comments on how big I am and then will proceed and try to force feed me. Every time we have lunch together she complains I don't eat anything. WTF??

Last edited by Absentha; 03-28-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:31 PM
FitDay Member

New one! After complimenting me for looking so toned and my weight loss, my mother took my boyfriend aside to ask him to watch me while she and my dad are away on vacation, because apparently I can't be trusted with food and privacy. Thanks mom!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:38 PM
FitDay Member

as I mentioned in the other thread, sometimes weight loss compliments sound like the equivalent of "good dog!"
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Absentha
My other grandmother is not that rude, but she is definitely a piece of work. She won't stop making comments on how big I am and then will proceed and try to force feed me. Every time we have lunch together she complains I don't eat anything. WTF??
Maybe she assumes that you must be eating a lot (because she thinks you're fat and fat people always eat a lot in her mind probably) but she thinks you are just not eating with her, and that's what offends her. It could be a weird perception on her part that's totally wrong.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

My mother in law hadnt seen me in a few months, and when she saw me, she said,
"OMG you look terrible! You look sickly now stop losing weight"

Im 5'3 and I weighed 148 at the time. According to BMI that puts me Overweight by about 7 pounds.

Really? Sickly? ummmm.... NO! Good thing I don't let her words sting me... anymore.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy a mothers love,Really?

I never been my mothers favorite, you see she got pregnant with me before she married my dad and as I heard growing up,I was the reason she had to get married. To make things worst I take after my dads side of the family and we are built alittle bigger and my sisters are of course built like her side of the family, which is tiny. At gatherings, she would always introduce them first and then when it came to me she would say,"this is my bigger and oldest daughter, you would of never guessed she was mind, would you?" It has been 18 months since I have talked to her, and have lost 50lbs. I might ask her for lunch and see if I qualify to be her daught now. I probably wont because I still have 40lbs to lose.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

To be honest, it sounds like SHE is the unqualified one.
Don't let someone's bitterness bring you down, you've done a great job and I'm sure you'll go even further.
Good luck!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

My mom's been on me to lose weight since I was in the hospital having my kiddo. A couple weeks ago she tried to give me a plate of cookies; I said "no thanks," and she said "but you love cookies!" I reminded her that I'm trying to lose weight and she said "well it's obviously not working." I told her I had lost almost 35 pounds and she looked me up and down, rolled her eyes and said "where?" When I got mad she started crying and saying I was so mean to her - she was just asking a question to be supportive, because she couldn't see where it had come from, and if I just told her what part of me had lost weight, she could compliment me on that.

So yeeeeeeaaaah...
Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

There is no freaking way she couldn't see 35 pounds had disappeared from you. I hate passive agressive people. Either that, or she's blind as a bat.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your reply, it appreciate it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.