Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-11-2012, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: 80oz, Th: Yes, F: Yes,Sat: 36oz,
2. No Diet Coke (still hanging on for lent) M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes,
3. 30 Day Shred 6 days of the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes! DONE!!
4. Walk on lunch when I can (not Monday or Weds due to appts) M: N/A, T: No, it was cold and windy and I was a wuss!, W: N/A, Th: Raining, F: cold & windy but did walk to the other building...about 1/4 mile to get there and back
5. Log it! M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: Yes,
6. Carbs under 50% M: 41%, T: 44%, W: 47%, W: 54%, F: 45%, Sat: 55%,
7. Weekly deficit of 5000 M: -1109, T: -339, W: -1843, Th: -491, F: -499, Sat: -999 Deficit this week: -5280
8. Weigh and post it daily M: 264.8lbs, T: 264.2lbs, W: 264.8lbs, Th: 264.4lbs, F: 264.4lbs, Sat: 262.0lbs, Sun: 262.0lbs Weight change this week: -2.8lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Finish photo album cleanup M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No, F: YesDONE!!
2. Don't get frustrated. He isn't doing it just to make me upset. M: Yes, T: Yes, W: on the verge of being very upset with him, W: Yes, Th: Yes, F: Yes, Sat: ,
3. Finalize bank paperwork M: More done, waiting on one paper from township office, T: Waiting on township paper, W: Submitted township paper, Th: think I have done all I can do, waiting on the bank nowDONE!
4. Finish laundry (put away too!) M: One load down, one to go, T: No, W: Washed a load, Th: Dried them, F: No, Sat: lots of laundry done!,

This week I need a set of weekend goals. I need to see them all week so I have a game plan in mind when the weekend gets here.
1. Clean out car
2. Good cleaning of kitchen level includes fridge and cupboards
3. Wash all curtains
4. Clean out snake tank
5. Clean fish tank
6. Whole house general cleaning Sat: whole house generally cleaned ... DONE!!
7. This might be pushing it but weather permitting, trim some forsynthia bushes! W: Beautiful weather drew me outside until after dark!
8. Sunday - Watch level 2 of 30 Day Shred so I know what I am in for Monday Sun: Done!!
9. Do full body measurements

Had to make sure to come in and do my report so I know I am not slacking over the weekend! Now I'm off to tackle the rest of my list of things to do. Think the kitchen cleaning isn't going to happen but the rest of it should.

I will be stuffing a chicken for dinner tonight. I love stuffed roasted chicken!

Thanks for the comments on my mostly pink week! It feels good to see all the colors except red. LOL

Where is everyone???? Feels like there is an echo in here!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Woohoo April!!! Lots and lots of pink in there! My Saturday took a wrong turn down I Drank Too Much Lane. But surprisingly, I'm not suffering too much this morning. The only casualty was my phone. I'm pretty sure I dropped it. It's doing all of it's functions EXCEPT acting like a phone. I have ZERO service. I know that it's like the pit of hades here as far as reception goes, but this is the first time I have ever gotten "no service" for over an hour (going on 6 hours now). I'd go to the AT&T store, but w/ SC Blue Laws the store doesn't open until 1. I am sooo lost without my phone!!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 03-11-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Saturday

Health/Fitness
1--calories --M-Th: 1100 no more than 1400, F-Su: at least 1100 no more than 1700--1308, 1425, 1368, 2388, 1612, no earthly idea
2--64 oz water or more daily--NO, NO, NO, NO, NOYES!!!
3--stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--Yell at me, call me names, provoke me, whatever it takes!--N, N, N, N, N, N
4--walk: Tu, W, Fr, Su--at least 8 miles each--again, PUSH ME--M: N/A Tu: NO W: NO Th: N/A Fr: NO Sa: N/A
5--Weigh and Post daily--M: 199.4 Tu: 199.6 W: 196.8 Th: 198.0 Fr: 198.8 Sa: 198.0

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry (still not done)--N, N, one load done, at least 2 more to go, , N, N
2--clean out car (still needs to be done)--N, N, N, N, half way
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it (seriously don't stress about it)--YES, NO, YES, YES, YES, YES
4--go to work, do the work, go home. don't take it with me--YES, YES, off today, I left it there.....4 hours early, YES, YES

Party was a dud so I wound up leaving early and heading out with my cousin and one of her friends. I'm not really sure how many calories I consumed in the drinks, but there were lots and lots of drinks. That tends to happen when a guy says "here, go to the bar and get us another round". So, at least I didn't over drink on my money. It was a crazy night. I made a minimum of 4 new best friends, including the cute bartender who was making fun of my cousin's friend with me (her friend kept drinking sissy drinks, and thought he was cool while doing it. I had to tell him otherwise). We saw one of our other cousin's ex wife--she didn't speak to us, but I know she saw us LOL. And we also saw a really old friend of the family and hung out with him for a bit. The night ended at the Waffle House over a Patty Melt plate with loaded hashbrowns. I am really really surprised I don't feel like crap this morning. I haven't eaten WH is well over 6 months, and barely ate the food last night. All in all it was a fun night.

OHHHH, I must share my WooHoo moment of yesterday. I was getting ready for the party and had grabbed a really old pair of jeans from the closet not really thinking about which ones I had pulled out. I slipped them on and thought 'hmmm, these fit a little bit better than they did the last time I wore them. They aren't as loose as a week or so ago.' I completely thought that I had grabbed the old pair of 14's that I have been wearing and that they were a little tighter because I've had a sucky week and had maybe gained a pound or so. Yeah, I totally grabbed the SMALLEST pair of jeans from the closet and didn't know it. They're a 12. And they FIT! Not sucking in just to get them buttoned fit, but they fit fit! So, needless to say I was pretty stoked about it. I go about my business getting dressed and had to blow dry my hair. I'm a flip your head upside down to give it volume type of dryer, so there I was bent over drying my hair looking at my newly fit into size 12s and I realized that my thighs weren't rubbing together either. I had that little curve in between my thighs when standing straight (ladies, I know you know what I'm talking about).

The week may have started off rough, but I'll take it if it ends like it has. I was down on the scale this morning too. 196.6! I don't really know how, but it was....

Going to go find some breakfast and then wait til the phone store opens. Have a great Sunday everyone!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 03-11-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Go Tori!!! So glad to read about your jeans fitting like that! Awesome!

I forgot to say that I watched level 2 of the shred this morning and OMG! I think I am in for a world of hurt for a few days. Don't know if I will be done with this level in only 10 days or not but I am so going to give it all that I have!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Saturday Report

Calorie limit 1600 1298, 1399, 1503, 1530, 1575, 1304
Saturated fat average 12% or less 7%, 14%, 17%. 11%, 8%, 14% Average is a green 11.8%
Cholesterol average under 300mg 186mg, 76mg, 173mg, 287mg, 401mg BUT AVERAGE IS STILL A VERY GREEN 224.6mg, 231 mg
Carbs less fiber 25g 36.4g, 84.3g , 24g even, 17.5g, 25.3g so close enough to call green, 18.9g
Fiber 25g 28g, 24g, 43g thanks to black soy beans, 30g, 30g, 26g
Protein average 120g 131g, 76g, calling it green at 119.4g, 139g, 157g 113g, Average is a green 122.6g

Water 48 oz. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES, YES
Old 03-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Default What is wrong with guys these days

Tori, so he sent you to the bar to get the drinks? What is wrong with guys these days? Any guy that was raised with any sort of decency knows there are two reasons to go get the drink for the lady...
1) it'll earn you brownie points
2) it'll give you a perfect opportunity to slip a little something in her drink.

I swear, guys these days act like they were raised in a barn!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Well you know what they say about the best laid plans. My day of nothing changed radically. The dive team for the big dive was supposed to meet at one of the guys houses for a get together and discussion of the dive. Well he got sick so things move to my house. Shift into cleaning overdrive so the house would be spic and span for guests. Then had everyone over until about 10pm. Never did make the gym. Oh well.

So onto more exciting things. We had a practice dive to 400 feet planned for today. The plan was my buddy and i would go to 400ft at which point i would execute and emergency drill (bailout) which means i would switch from my rebreather to regular open circuit scuba and ascend. This is an emergency drill you learn in every class. There are a couple of reasons it could happen and so we wanted to practice from a deep depth. But the whole thing was going to be calm, relaxed in control. Well...at 355 feet my buddy had a real emergency. It was a wild ride for about 200 feet as we made our way up the line to our safety divers. The good news. Nobody got hurt. We all completed our decompression and in the end learned some things for the big dive that you would only learn in a real emergency. His rebreather failed completely. And when he went to bailout, his regulator started to free flow rendering it useless at 355 feet. So he ended up on my regulator, by this time he is breathing very rapidly and and i don't want to say panicked but wide eyed and screaming up the line to get shallower. Finally around 178 feet, we get to the safety divers where I am amble to hand him off to others to supply gas to him and slow down myself and get my "stuff" back within the realm of where it was supposed to be. It was a crazy day and nothing like what we had planned. BUt in diving as long as you come back unharmed it's a good day. Now I think I will nap...a well deserved nap.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, thanks--it's been a while since my scale was on a downward move. It does indeed feel good. Congrats on your non-starchy veggies, water, supplements and exercise. That's a big achievement! I totally understand where you're coming from on struggling with the food combinations at times. My doc was not happy with my weight gain at my February 29 appointment. My goal is to be at 199 lbs. or less by May 22 when I have my next blood tests and then a conference with the doc a week later. She doesn't know about my goal weight and date--she just gave me some encouragement that she knows I can get my weight down and wrote on my paper weight loss as a "doctor's instruction." That would be an 18 lb. loss in three months. I swear I'm gonna show her I got "the right stuff." Lets you and I both try to eat really clean next week.

I'm not actually misunderstood at church--these just happen to be friends of ours who attend the same church, so their attitude surprised me. (Did I mention that my second pet peeve is being accused of something I didn't say or do? Hence my dismay.) DH and I talked about it this morning and decided, as you encouraged, that we should not change our values to compromise to make THEM feel better because that would not be in our live-in granddaughter's best interest or a good example for her. I will try to smooth their ruffled feathers while staying true to myself. Thanks for your good ear, Luv.

Gotta go take GD to work. Will be back later.

Last edited by Mern; 03-11-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, congrats on your calories being at or below 4 times out of 6 this past week. And your exercise was fantastic! Way to go!

Nobe, that's great that your calories and ratio were so good after your chicken and fries dinner. I totally see what you're talking about on that healthy options menu. Really, if I saw that listed, it would look like the "Deprivation Meal" They need to have some other salad dressings: like some low fat, low calorie or low carb (like Ranch) dressing. They could say "skinless chicken breast, garden salad with choice dressings, steamed broccoli or green beans, sliced tomatoes." That would be very appealing to me. Luv and I are pledging clean eating this coming week. How about you joining us?

April, wow, major kudos your calorie deficit and on the 2.8 lb. weight loss so far this week. Fabulous! Nice job on your carbs goal overall, too. Three days in a row of not getting upset with DS is good. Aw, sorry about your Saturday. Wishing you smooth sailing next week. Big hug to ya! Kudos on the other life and weekend goals. Congrats on your logging and reporting--hard to make time for that when we're all so busy.

Gotta do dinner. More catch up later.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Had to break this one down line by line

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, so he sent you to the bar to get the drinks?
I prefer to go to the bar myself. We sent him the first time, and it took like 20 minutes to get our drinks. When I go, I skooch people out of the way and flash the dimples and flirt a little bit with the cute bartender. Works. Every. Time. I can get back with drinks in less than 2 minutes.
What is wrong with guys these days?
oh, he's not a man at all. While I was drinking vodka tonics and Miller Lite, he was drinking Life Savers. Which is nothing but a watered down Midori Sour. Does that tell you what kind of guy this was???
Any guy that was raised with any sort of decency knows there are two reasons to go get the drink for the lady..
1) it'll earn you brownie points
it'll only earn you brownie points if there's a slight chance that either of the ladies are interested in you....we weren't and he knew it
2) it'll give you a perfect opportunity to slip a little something in her drink.
hahahahaha so true so true But that's also why a woman should know how to manage getting her own drinks. My cousin, does not. She's a wait until the bartender maybe sees her type. Not this woman....I make my presence known. A woman also has know to tip well early in the evening (goes for men too). That way as the night winds down, and you're running short of $$, the bartender already knows you and you'll get prompt service. By the end of the night I didn't even have to give him the drink order, he had the vodka tonics waiting on me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.