Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon** >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-05-2012, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I had...
Chicken & Andouille Gumbo, the Creole Combo Platter (Shrimp Creole, Jambalaya & Crawfish Etouffe, Garlic Mashed Potatoes (gave that to my SIL), and warm Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce. All that was only $24.99

It was all good, I wouldn't say that any of it was out of this world (because I'm use to good food).

I'd try it again but it's a lot of food for one person.
Well I'm glad you didn't hate it!!! I was beginning to wonder. And yes there is GREAT food down there. As I said, I like the Fish Bits, the Etouffe, and the pecan pie. And it is reasonably priced. Also it was the first place we ate in New Orleans so maybe it has that sentimental thing going for me.

So, questions for you: what places do you recommend to eat in NOLA?

And, if we wanted to rent a furnished place in NOLA for two/three months that allows pets (one mellow declawed cat) do you have any recommendations of a) good areas and b) ways to rent?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Anyone want to pick a goal for me? Has to be realistic and no videos of me doing anything.
I'll think of something, just give me time. I may need to pm Amy to collaborate though.

I had...
Chicken & Andouille Gumbo, the Creole Combo Platter (Shrimp Creole, Jambalaya & Crawfish Etouffe, Garlic Mashed Potatoes (gave that to my SIL), and warm Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce. All that was only $24.99

It was all good, I wouldn't say that any of it was out of this world (because I'm use to good food).

I'd try it again but it's a lot of food for one person.
The Garlic Mashed Potatoes were GGOOOOODDDDD!!!! And what I remember of the bread pudding was good. I'm not a bread pudding fan though, so maybe it was my drunkenness that thought it was good. There was also some kind of corn mixture, I vaguely remember that.

And stop your braggin', Mister "I'm use to good food"

This is what I really have to say about it. (I apologize to anyone that may offend )
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
I was required to boycott Frank's and so are you. Apparently, because Frank pissed off Mike everyone Mike knows has to boycott. (although, we were thisclose to going there one night. but ssshhh don't tell Mike)

The first night we were there we went to Neyow's Creole Cafe (on Bienville St). It was pretty good. I got the red beans & rice w/ hot sausage and was super duper happy. The beans were a little bit soupy on the plate, and there wasn't enough rice when I got the plate but I politely asked for a side of rice, and the waitress didn't even charge me for it (not that I was wanting it free, I don't mind paying for something). After I had eaten all the sausage and mixed my rice in I had to add hot sauce, but I do that pretty much everywhere I eat, so take that for what it is. I'll have to try and remember some of the other places that we went. Domino's in Covington delivers.....just sayin'

Last edited by ToriD1012; 03-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm a little under the weather today. I woke up tired with little energy. Then it went down hill as my GI system revolted against last nights cheat meal. So i came home from work put my pi's on climbed into bed. I just had some soup and crackers and will have to give this week a new start tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Deborah, congrats on being down some ounces. You are so right--it's a WHOLE lot better than gaining. Great news about your bro getting married. Nice simple goals and you're making good progress on your weight loss so far. I have fond memories of gathering eggs on my grandparents farm when I was a kid.

Tori, wishing you a more pleasant evening.

Hope, love ya back! Sure you can adopt me. There are times my family would love to put me up for adoption. LOL Wouldn't it be fun to just be able to jump inside our computers and visit in person--like a Star Trek transporter. Yeah, Amy could hem all my jeans for me--I hate doing that. Aw, that sucks that your fibro flared up again. Big gentle hug to ya.

Luv, logging in before eating is a good idea. I didn't log my food until after dinner, and although my calories are low, I'll be a little over in carbs in my Monday report. Not the end of the world, but I'd have done things differently today with better planning. Glad your daughter is better, but oh, those night coughs really put a crimp in the following day. Congrats on your walk. I did mine on a DVD today, too, because we had icy roads and I didn't want to drive down the hill to the gym.

Mike, nice sensible goals!

Joanna, enjoy your visit!

April, that's great that they have that 8 week Healthy Weigh Challenge at work. Your goal certainly does sound reasonable. Aw, best wishes on the family therapy sessions. That's kinda tough sometimes, I know, but sometimes it works out great. It helped my granddaughter a lot. Wow, great job and great relaxation on the photo album work, but I sure do hear ya on appreciating your freedom to go out without getting a sitter or worrying about what the kids are doing. Your ultra-sound go OK?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Kim, aw, feel better soon! Big gentle hug to ya!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
I'm a little under the weather today. I woke up tired with little energy. Then it went down hill as my GI system revolted against last nights cheat meal. So i came home from work put my pi's on climbed into bed. I just had some soup and crackers and will have to give this week a new start tomorrow.
bless your heart! take care of yourself and start fresh in the morning.

I didn't get to Zumba tonight because I'm suffering from the beginnings of a migrane, and I knew there was no way I could get through an hour with all the music. I am going to get some type of workout in though. Right now I have to take Momma to my brother's for a few nights. (horrible thought that ran through my head when she asked me to drive her? 'YES YES YES!!!!') I'm pretty sure I just need a small break from her. We've already had words and I've only been home from work for 2 hours. Much needed quiet is gonna be in the house tonight.

Will catch back up before hitting the sheets tonight. Hope everyone has a great evening.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Sonogram went as well as you can think it would. No results of course. She said it takes about a week and since I have a hysterosonogram on Wednesday next week they will probably wait until then to give that portion to me and then I will probably have to wait for the results of the other portion.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--calories --M-Th: 1100 no more than 1400, F-Su: at least 1100 no more than 1700--M: 1308
2--64 oz water or more daily--M: 42
3--stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--Yell at me, call me names, provoke me, whatever it takes!--M: N, but had a migrane and couldn't really function
4--walk: Tu, W, Fr, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, PUSH ME--M: N/A
5--Weigh and Post daily--M: 199.4

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry (still not done)--N
2--clean out car (still needs to be done)--N
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it (seriously don't stress about it)--YES
4--go to work, do the work, go home. don't take it with me--YES

Not too awful of a day. I hit my calories, but not my workout and water. Well, there goes an all green week. Oh well. Starting back over tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Well I'm glad you didn't hate it!!! I was beginning to wonder. And yes there is GREAT food down there. As I said, I like the Fish Bits, the Etouffe, and the pecan pie. And it is reasonably priced. Also it was the first place we ate in New Orleans so maybe it has that sentimental thing going for me.

And, if we wanted to rent a furnished place in NOLA for two/three months that allows pets (one mellow declawed cat) do you have any recommendations of a) good areas and b) ways to rent?
hmmm I'll have to reply back tomorrow on all this. When are you looking to rent and what's your budget? I can't think of anything off hand but I can ask around. If your budget is too personal, just pm me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.