Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-07-2012, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for the PM. If you can find your friend or have any info without too much trouble that would be great.

Kim, I have dense breast tissue too (sorry about this detail, Mike) I had a breast cancer scare when DD was little. When I asked to call my DH re a more involved biopsy she wanted to do, the doctor, who had just told me I had the exact profile of cancer on my sonogram, had the nerve to say that maybe some people just aren't strong enough to deal with things like this. I sure chewed her a new one!! And it turned out: no cancer! Just aggravation.

Tori, yow! That sound scary in the ambulance and ER. Blue lips!!!!????!!! You MUST take care of yourself, honey!!! Maybe tie that inhaler to you somehow? As for the Gumbo Shop, yes the blackened stuff is not that blackened. Maybe you need K Paul's for that tho I didn't love K Paul when I went.

Nobe I always was addicted to carbs (I am Hope and I am a recovering carboholic...) but I used my DD's birth as an excuse to split entire choclate chip cakes with DH on a regular basis when she was a baby and I was nursing. (was he nursing too? I ask you) I started cutting carbs when she was 3... and have been battling them ever since. Stubborn buggers.

Luv, I love that word: YOMP. Reminds of Walt Whitman's YAWP.

Pam, you are a better man than I with that regimen. And three pounds. Way to go!!!

Almalthea, welcome!!! This is a good group. You are in the right place!!!

Terri: Yowwwwwwwwchhhhh! I sure hope your hand heals. I almost felt sympathy pains.

April, I've got to look back and find your post regarding this but it seems like you are getting a D and C? I will say prayers that all goes well. My heart goes out to you for all you have had to deal with, my dear.

Amy, yup I will have to adopt you all. Then we can all split a chocolate chip cake, one bite for each of us. Mern, you liked that I kept to three bites of that molten choclate cake? And I felt guilty about that!!! But man it was goooooooooooooooooooood....

If I forgot anyone forgive me and hugs to ya.

Last edited by canary52; 03-07-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, welcome--glad you found us! According to Calories in Nyquil - Nutrition Facts & Other Nutritional Information | LIVESTRONG.COM the nutrition facts for 2 Tablespoons of Nyquil are 93 calories, 35mg sodium, zero protein, zero fat, 19g carbohydrates. But heck, take it if it helps--no sense suffering! Just put the days of eating whatever you want (except for the Nyquil) behind you and start fresh when you are recovered from your awful cold. Admirable goals--writing them down does help--that's what makes this group keep ticking. I couldn't help but giggle over your 3 year old pulling your hair all night if you sleep next to him. I remember those days... LOL You going to the gym feeling so bad? Wishing you a restful sleep tonight.

Hope, I was darned PROUD of you--not exaggerating. No way could I have stopped before eating the whole thing. You should be proud of yourself, not feel guilty! Cyberpat on the back to ya, kiddo!

Terri, OMG, so sorry to read about your smashed hand! Ouchie!!!!! How'd you do that? What kind of door? Oh, golly, it would be so painful to jar that hand around with exercise. Good choice to take it easy! Feel better soon!

Luv, thanks for your encouragement. I'll be rooting for you to avoid temptation tonight. I'm doing OK so far this evening (6PM) on everything except saturated fat. I logged the sugar free candy I ate and AFTER I did that I noticed the saturated fat in it is awful. I used to enjoy it on-plan (Russell Stover sugar free toffee squares) before my doc told me to cut down on sat fat--three pieces has 9 grams of saturated fat. Best I'll be able to do today is 16% of my total calories as saturated fat--doctor wants no more than 12%. Well it was truly an accident, and not an intended cheat, so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Just won't buy those anymore. Had to force myself to exercise today. The only thing that motivated me was that tomorrow is my scheduled day off exercise. I take off Thursday and Sunday.

Amy, watch for the FedEX truck--not with my grandson in it, but with the jeans I need hemmed. Adopted sisters hem jeans, you know. Thanks in advance. LOL

Pam, major kudos on losing three lbs. already on low carb. Fat weight and water weight look the same to me on people, so if you lose three lbs. of water, you ARE three lbs. thinner.

Tori, did you get your prescription refilled? You sound miserable in your post. Are ya feeling miserable? Get well soon! Your 1425 calories are close enough to call it green! Well, I'll LOOK at it green, then. Geez, look at your weight melting away! Kudos on that!

Last edited by Mern; 03-07-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

I may have figured on the high side but I figured I ate over 1500 calories in cookies last night. That put me at +829

1) 3000 cals deficient: -697, +829
2) workout 3 times: no, no
3) walk 2 times: no, no
4) 4 serving of fruit/veggies: yes, yes
5) weigh in daily (starting tuesday morning): will tomorrow,T= 184.6,w= 183.2

Old 03-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default Big Swole is all roided up

well... not really. I went for my check up with my PCP (Primary Care Physician... not PCP the drug) on my blood work. I told him the situation about my back since he really didn't know about it. He prescribed Methylprednisolone (how you pronounce it, I have no clue. I could just say that I'm on "Meth" and amphetamine (my adderall), just can't say that too fast and have it come out like methamphetamine ) It turns out it's a steroid. I can already see my skin starting to turn green and baby Huey's shirt is starting to rip. I'm going to be a MONSTER before this week is up!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike, thanks for the PM. If you can find your friend or have any info without too much trouble that would be great.

Kim, I have dense breast tissue too (sorry about this detail, Mike)
No problem. You should know by now that I'm probably the last guy here that would be bothered by breast tissue talk...
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Tori, yow! That sound scary in the ambulance and ER. Blue lips!!!!????!!! You MUST take care of yourself, honey!!! Maybe tie that inhaler to you somehow? As for the Gumbo Shop, yes the blackened stuff is not that blackened. Maybe you need K Paul's for that tho I didn't love K Paul when I went.
I've been better at taking care of the breathing issues, I just had a brain fart this week on how many refills I had left. I haven't been to K Paul's, I'll have to check it out the next time I'm down. (Hopefully this summer, just trying to talk my cousin in to going with me)
Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, did you get your prescription refilled? You sound miserable in your post. Are ya feeling miserable? Get well soon! Your 1425 calories are close enough to call it green! Well, I'll LOOK at it green, then. Geez, look at your weight melting away! Kudos on that!
I did get a new script written. She said that my lungs sounded good, so yay. She wanted to run a PFT (pulmonary function test) but with the Cold From Hades, she said we'd wait until I had to go back in July for my bloodwork (have to have my TSH levels run again). I do feel pretty miserable, but a tiny bit better than I did yesterday. I asked her if I was dying, and she assured me that I was going to be around for years to come. You know, as long as there aren't any tragic accidents. She also wanted to know what I was doing, weight wise. She asked if I was on some crazy "plan diet". I told her no, that I was simply counting and she said to keep it up. So woo hoo!

I may or may not be back on tonight. I've slept a lot today, but I'm still pretty drained, so I'll probably go to bed early.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I may have figured on the high side but I figured I ate over 1500 calories in cookies last night.
SweetBabyJesus that's a lot of cookies!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

I'm going on Mike's cookie diet! He lost 1.4 lbs. by eating 1500 calories worth of fresh baked cookies last night!

Mike, no kidding, though, congrats on the fruits and veggies! You'll have to change your name to The Incredible Hulk with those streroids. I'm not familiar with them--what do the steroids do to help with your back? How was your bloodwork?

Tori, glad you got the script. Docs are skeptical when they see someone succeeding at weight loss, aren't they? Glad she gave you the kudos you deserve. That had to make you feel great! I hope you get a wonderful sleep tonight.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

I think I'll go to bed early, too. I'm sleepy enough and it'll keep me from eating any more today.

Good night and sweet dreams, y'all.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
OMG, Nobe, you gave me the greatest chuckle. I was gonna post to you that I wondered if he was "backed up"--and those were the exact words I was going to use. But not knowing you well, I didn't say it because I didn't want to offend you or your friend. LOL Great minds think alike.
I'm not at all easily offended, and I probably talk about poop waaaaay more than a lady should (but who said I was a lady?). Haha, it crossed my mind that maybe being new I shouldn't make poop jokes, but then I did anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.