Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 03/5/12**All Aboard the Wagon**

Old 03-05-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
oh... And great job starting at 199.4!!! It must be great to see those numbers moving for you!
thanks!!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
Hi all! I'm 3 weeks postpartum, I think I've lost one pound from just trying not to OVEREAT from boredom and lonliness of partial bedrest with baby (who is awesome, by the way). It's frustrating b/c I want to get out and walk and start doing things but I'm still bleeding and when I do something small, like cook one meal or go downstairs twice I start bleeding again so I just need to chill out. BUT I keep snacking b/c bored.

So my goal is to avoid mindless snacking!
Oh dear, I hope you feel better. Maybe some healthy snacks to keep up your strength?
Old 03-05-2012, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, you ARE supermom, the NICE supermom, which makes you even more awesome!!! Have BIG FUN in NOLA!!! I'd say you earned it!!!

Mary, have a great couple of days away. I know you can stick to your goals.

Kim, I am with you. My energy is in the crapper too (tho I did manage to clean out my pantry, not what I planned to do today.)

Tori, I loved the blue jay stoy. And also how you "complimented" Mike on his goals. Kudos on reaching one of yours, honey!!

Pam, you are our resident wildlife consultant. I pictured those kids in the yard, thankfully sans bears. Yeah friends here have had bears attracted to their bird feeders. One friend thought he had accidentally hit a deer on the road, turns out it was a bear.

Rubystars, Momma, take care of you. Rest and baby yourself as well as the baby.

Mern, I love you. Can I adopt you as surrogate family? At least I'd know I'd get good meals and lots of loving support!!! And we should adopt Amy and she could make us all cool Halloween costumes!!! Even historically accurate ones!!!! (Only kidding, Amy, you already do MORE THAN ENOUGH work.) Guess I kinda gotta adopt you all...

Last edited by canary52; 03-05-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! Today is the first day of the 8 week Healthy Weigh Challenge at work. I am shooting for 14.8 lbs which would put me at a nice even 250 in those 8 weeks. I still haev 25 days of shred to go so that should help to get me there. Especially now that I have decided to stop eating the little bits of bad things that I let creep into my mouth during the past week or so. I think it is a subconscious thing when you have a challenge coming up to let it go for a week or so that way you can really get into it to get a jump start on the loss the first week or so.

Things with son are going along pretty smooth. A few bumps over what is an acceptable video game and him trying to corner me into giving back one that he claims isn't "so bloody". I am standing firm. If we took it away there was a reason and you aren't getting it back. Period. He is also mad that the family therapy sessions restart tonight. He doesn't think it helps. He's mostly right but we haven't had enough sessions to say whether it really helps or now.

Yesterday, out of the blue, I got out the photo albums and packets of developed pics and started sorting. Took every pic out of the albums because I had both boys all mixed up together in there and sorted them for each boy and pics of the two of them together, then sorted them in age order as best as I could since most aren't marked. I got both boys individually back in the books. Now I have left to do the together pics and the miscellaneous family pics too. It was relaxing and I didn't even know I wanted to do it until I just grabbed them and started. Oh how nice it would be to go back to those adorable little dimpled smiles! But only for about a day. Then I'll take back the ability to leave the house for a few hours and not have to worry about a sitter or what the kids are doing.

On with the goals. May mix it up a little this week.

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. No Diet Coke (still hanging on for lent)
3. 30 Day Shred 6 days of the week M: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch when I can (not Monday or Weds due to appts) M: N/A,
5. Log it!
6. Weigh and post it daily M: 264.8lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Finish photo album cleanup
2. Don't get frustrated. He isn't doing it just to make me upset.
3. Finalize bank paperwork
4. Finish laundry (put away too!)

This week I need a set of weekend goals. I need to see them all week so I have a game plan in mind when the weekend gets here.
1. Clean out car
2. Good cleaning of kitchen level includes fridge and cupboards
3. Wash all curtains
4. Clean out snake tank
5. Whole house general cleaning
6. This might be pushing it but weather permitting, trim some forsynthia bushes!

Tori ... Coyotes won't hurt ya! Like the others said, just don't run away. ... Look at you under 200 lbs! You go girl! ... I hear ya on the paperwork. I dont' know why it is so hard to staple things together neatly. I have a big peeve about that!

Hope ... No way did you hijack last week and if you did then I have for a few weeks. I am honored that you felt okay to share what is going on with us. It takes a lot of guts to share things like that even when annonymous.

Ruby ... Awww glad to hear baby is doing well. ... Sorry about the boredom though. I'm with Amy on the needlework or something to keep the hands busy. Maybe try keeping the snacks out of the bedroom too?

Kim ... LOL at your Monday Smiley!

Quinn ... If you quit buying jelly beans, I won't buy the Cadbury eggs that I look at and pass over every time I go to the grocery store right now. ... Ewww your waterfall story gave me serious goosebumps!

Amy ... You deserve a vacay woman! ... I'd definitely want to read last weeks posts if I were you. There was a lot of interesting discussion last week. ... I love your history kids!

Deborah ... Baked goods for work? Sounds like a trap! LOL! I have to bake a pie for pi (3.14) day soon too. ... You raise chickens? Do you have to have a rooster to get eggs? This was a debate in our house over the weekend and I was too lazy to google it. ... Glad you are feeling better! It's hard to eat right when you don't feel well.

Almost forgot to mention, I'm off for my trans-vaginal ultrasound this afternoon. That's always fun.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

April, welcome! And good luck with your challenge. I know you can do it! I also must say you are an awesome Mom and even with all you've been going through, so supportive and kind. Good luck with your ultasound; let us know how it goes!!!

I am kinda bummed because I thought my fibro flare was over and it's baaaaaaack....
I feel like I have zero energy, zero motivation and I feel crappy. I FORCED myself to stretch. I think my meds are also making me logey. I cleaned my pantry and folded clothes (tough with the hand pain) but cannot get myself to do "real" work.

More later...
Old 03-05-2012, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default not.set.in.stone.goals

1) 3000 cals deficient
2) workout 3 times
3) walk 2 times
4) 4 serving of fruit/veggies
5) weigh in daily (starting tuesday morning)

Anyone want to pick a goal for me? Has to be realistic and no videos of me doing anything.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hey folks! I'm around a bit this week, but not too much because my friend in IL doesn't have internet at her apartment, so I'm relegated to coffee shops. My goal this week is to not go TOO crazy with the whole pigging out thing Have a good week!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

The day is dragging by....I have at least another hour to put in here, and then have to go to the pet store cause Jas is out of food (got that lovely "emergency phone call" from Momma about an hour ago. I've asked that woman to only call me at work if it's a dire situation. I guess Jasmine not having any Fancy Feast constitutes as dire). I'll respond more personally when I get home. I really need to make it to zumba tonight, but just ain't feeling the Energizer Bunny enthusiasm that the instructor has. But I'll do it anyway. Haven't figured out a plan of attack on supper tonight, or lunch & suppers for the rest of the week. I hate being so unprepared....

Trying to snap out of the negativity.......
Old 03-05-2012, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Not meeting my mission for today . . .

Originally Posted by fit4luv

--------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~----------1st Portion Of my Goals->
FitDay Challenge *~* Reach New Heights
Check-in:
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch & grow & reach new heights.
- Pauline R. Kezer

MON MISSION -> Log in before eating.
Sheeeeesh! I'm not doing so well with this mission today. I am logging immediately afterwards though. . I'm still going to focus on this mission for the remainder of today.

Mern ~ My daughter is better today, but this Mamma is lagging a bit behind. She was coughing thru the night, but at the moment doesn't look too bad for the wear.

I'm trying my best to focus on TODAY. Not yesterday, not tomorrow. I did my 2 mile walk (DVD) & Circuit --- Yea!!! Now to continue with Home Management goals and other personal goals. And to remember to log in before I eat. And to just plain love on the kids . . . And . . .. And . .. .
Old 03-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default The Gumbo Shop

I had...
Chicken & Andouille Gumbo, the Creole Combo Platter (Shrimp Creole, Jambalaya & Crawfish Etouffe, Garlic Mashed Potatoes (gave that to my SIL), and warm Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce. All that was only $24.99

It was all good, I wouldn't say that any of it was out of this world (because I'm use to good food).

I'd try it again but it's a lot of food for one person.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.