FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   looking for friends for support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6803-looking-friends-support.html)

tazigirl 02-28-2012 10:30 AM

looking for friends for support

I would like to start a support group and make friends at the same time. Hi every one my name is jessica and I am a mother of 3. 2boys and 1girl. I am 24 years old and the father of my children wants me to get healthy but at the time is not very supportive. I would like to get to know others, so please reply

Jho82 03-07-2012 05:14 AM

Hey Tazigirl - this is the first msg I am responding to on this site.... its a little overwhelming when I'm so used to facebook! I just turned 30 and I am so sick of my own excuses and pity that I need to make a change!!! And I need some help too! I can't do this on my own. Let me know if you are still looking for a support group!

purple_rose4431 03-07-2012 06:56 PM

Hello, I am new here on Fitday Discussion Boards, I am looking for a support buddy as well :) Been trying to lose weight most of my life it seems. I just started on Monday again and trying to stick with it. Would like to lose at least 40 pounds.

Absentha 03-07-2012 08:46 PM

Hello Jessica! I'm 24 as well, and I'd be glad to join your group. I think support is a very important part of the weightloss process and I don't get much of that at home, like you. Anyway, feel free to contact me for anything you want! :D

Tammyjane2011 03-16-2012 10:46 AM

I would like support too. I was a martial artist, I would like to get back into it. Just recently started exercising and back to school. Im 48. 40 lbs overweight and depressed about it.

TerriLSpencer 03-19-2012 12:31 PM

Hello Jessica,

If you are still wanting to have a support group and looking for support buddies I would love to join you! You can private message me on this site. I'm new to this forum myself as I just joined on March 18th. I am 43 years old and I need to loose close to 30 pounds for my height. I have lost quite a bit of weight before after a major brain surgery but I gained some of that weight back and I need to loose it again. I would welcome a support buddy to help out and I could help support them as well! :)

beckyjoeh 04-05-2012 07:38 AM

I'll join this group!

I have been up and down w/my weight but I'm thinking about my health and need to get to a good weight... then a co-worker asked if I was preggers yesterday. Thats it! So I logged my food intake and I've eaten too much already today. I sit all day @ wk and have 3 kids when I get home, but I try to do my eliptical for 30 min. 4 day's a week. Right now I know I need to loose 40 lbs, but I am going for a goal of 10. I need some incentive to know there is a prize. Got any ideas? I'm not a spa girl -like I want a vacation if I get to my goal. oh, and I'm trying to stop drinking so that is making me eat more and I just fell on the ice in the parking lot and hurt my knee pretty bad. I have ice on it -but dang it. I don't need road blocks.

Maybe we can log in every morning (m-f) or every evening and say how we did for the day? Should we start a new thread for that?

beckyjoeh

annmariemartin 04-08-2012 05:39 PM

Hi Tammyjane,

I joined today so I'm still trying to get my head around this. I'm 54 and want to loose 41.8lbs (19kg). I work fulltime and live in Darwin, Australia. I would very like to swap progress reports with you.

Annmarie

traceymc1985 04-11-2012 08:28 AM

Hiya Jessica and other members on this thread-
Im back on fitday again and ready to banish the rest of this weight. It feels like it is taking over my life being so unhappy day in/day out with my body. It is emotionally draining and unfair on my kids and boyfriend who are suffering the most. If the invitation is still there to join the group then id love to be part of it. Just let me know if there is a specific thread i can find you all.
Tracey x

Rubystars 04-14-2012 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by tazigirl (Post 74420)
I would like to start a support group and make friends at the same time. Hi every one my name is jessica and I am a mother of 3. 2boys and 1girl. I am 24 years old and the father of my children wants me to get healthy but at the time is not very supportive. I would like to get to know others, so please reply

He wants you to get healthy but isn't supportive? What does that mean?

I think if you do it, you should do it for yourself and not because someone else wants you to.

beckyjoeh 04-16-2012 07:47 AM

Thoughts?

Welcome to all my new virtual friends!!! :) So, since this seems to be a spot that everyone is at & we are all looking for support, let just keep coming back to this thread as often as you like and post your progress, shortfalls, tips, healthy food choices, etc. I'll go first...

I've been at this now for 2 weeks. I'm trying to loose weight and not drink alcohol. My blood pressure is a little high and I have diabetes in my family, so I just need to get a handle on my health. Anyway, I have a planner and I put a smilie face when I work out and a star if I don't drink. I have 2 weeks of faces and stars and I'm only down 2 stinkin' pounds... which I'm thinking is water weight. I have been logging my food and eating every 2 hours, not eating b4 bed... so um, yeah all that hard work w/little to no results made me fall off the wagon and eat Easter candy, hot wings & beer for a few day's in a row. Ho-hum, I'm not giving up and I'm going to keep at it. Today is a new day!!!!! But I'm not going to weigh myself till tomorrow! :)

Shuleran 04-17-2012 12:50 AM

I am right there with you. I was a healthy young women that rode and showed horses. I am 42 and 40 pounds overweight and depressed about it. Let's support each other!

beckyjoeh 04-17-2012 06:09 AM

Shuleran we are totally going to do this! Life is too short to be depressed, we will do this.... even if it takes alot longer than it might have in our 20's. My "latest" thing..... gum. I just decided a few minutes ago :) I'm going to eat all the right stuff I pack to take to work today and inbetween I'm chewing gum.

ramranjitha 04-18-2012 07:31 PM

i wanna lose weight

hey jessica even i want to loose weight and i lost my weight also but now am planning for second kid and i dont to gain the lost weight again in pregnancy ...i mean overweight u know.....so please help me how to take care during pregnancy and after delivery too......please

Brandywinegirl56 04-19-2012 05:21 AM

Hi Tazigirl,
I would love to join - looking for support as well. I am an empty nester, 50 + trying to get back on track. I have been doing the ABS Diet and exercising 4 times a week for the past 2 months. I see results, but I have 50 more pounds that I want to lose, slowly so that it stays off this time! Let us know if a new thread will be started for this.
We can do it!!
Brandywinegirl56
:o)

lastri 04-19-2012 07:15 AM

Where are you?

Hi Tazigirl,
Where are you? Seem like you got a lot of responses here but you haven't come back to check your thread.

juliabrock 04-19-2012 07:04 PM

suppoting you

Hi Tazigirl. i am a mom of two girls now 14 and 17 and have struggled with weight gain since depression after their birth. I had a husband who was always on about the changes in my body but not helpful. We got a divorce. looking back it would have been so motivational for me if he had told me I was still the sexiest thing on the planet, loved my curves and supported me through a programme as if we were in it together. Tell him you need his love especially when you are tired. I am now trying to lose 6 stone - 84lb. We can support each other.:)

juliabrock 04-19-2012 07:11 PM

beckyjoeh

Keep at it. When there seems to be nothing coming off it is disheartening. I am just counting calories as I only just started but being over 40 it seems slow to shift even though I have a new, very active job up and down stairs all day. I also work in a bakery so have pity on me! I need to wear a wetsuit for an activity holiday with my teenagers in August so have a vanity reason to lose the extra. My health seems psychologically less important - if you know what I mean!:rolleyes:

traceymc1985 04-21-2012 04:37 AM

Hi there everyone- hope you are all having a positive weekend? This time of the week seems to be the hardest for me because im not out and about as much and i need to lose the habit of boredom eating!
I lost 4lbs this week at weigh in!!!!
I do weightwatchers and weigh in on wednesday evenings.
The weight loss has spurred me on not let go of the control and when im doing well im a much happier person. I had a bad couple of days this week, not with food but my mood- ive been to the doctors with help because i seem to stress so badly and its upsetting because i dont feel the person i used to- just too wired all the time. Anyway i didnt comfort eat like i usually would have and im proud that it paid off.
I understand with the comments when comes to having a supportive partner. My ex never gave me what i needed in any way and im not saying its his fault i bacame so overweight but it didnt help that i had no belief or pride in myself. However my boyfriend who ive been with 7 years has been fantastic. I couldnt have got as far as i have without him and his support. He always loved me and showed me he was attracted to me even when i was at my heaviest. At the time it felt too good to be true and he helped to give me the confidence to feel i did deserve all this love and adoration. When i began to like myself more the weight was easier to come off because i believed in myself.
This doesnt mean it has to be a man that gives us that kind of support- thats why we have fitday because any support that is needed for all of us we are all here to hand it out in bucket loads!!!!!!!!!!

Tracey x

gouc547 04-22-2012 11:22 AM

hi everyone,

I'd love to join you to give and get support. :) I've been struggling with weight loss most of my life. I need to lose some weight to help a dislocated knee cap and severe osteoarthritis that has struck me early in life. I'm only taking in 11-1400 calories a day and I haven't lost anything in three weeks. That scares me because I think my metabolism is really low. I'm pretty sedentary right now but I swim twice a week and use an arm peddler every day.

Hang in there everyone!!

traceymc1985 04-24-2012 07:16 AM

Hiya there- from my experience sometimes having too few calories can stop weight loss. In the past i used to be a bit naive and think that if i survive on salad then i will lose weight- i guess in your case you will be eating a good variety of food within your 1400 cals. In the end it backfired and ended up costing me in the long run. I would have a look on the fitday site and use it to work out how many calories your body needs to create a deficit for weight loss based on your current weight and height. As you regularly exercise also i dont understand why you havent seen results. Were you losing weight before this 3 weeks?? If so it could just be a plateau phase and keep going- if you know what you are doing is right your body might just be trying to catch up. Let me know how you get on
Tracey x

thorncx1 04-26-2012 02:17 AM

Hi everyone. I'd love to be apart of your support group as well. Fitness and nutrition has been a long-lasting endeavor of mine. I actually roam the healthfood store aisles for education and nutrition on a daily basis (or self therapy=). I travel a ton for work and am always around indulgent food. That plus hotel room living has presented a huge challenge for me. Let's do this! =)

lovelylady! 04-28-2012 06:41 PM

Totally understadable!!

Originally Posted by Jho82 (Post 75314)
Hey Tazigirl - this is the first msg I am responding to on this site.... its a little overwhelming when I'm so used to facebook! I just turned 30 and I am so sick of my own excuses and pity that I need to make a change!!! And I need some help too! I can't do this on my own. Let me know if you are still looking for a support group!

I am new here as well and its a little confusing, but I think i am getting the hang of it.... from what I am seeing you definitely will recieve the support from these people, they are so nice and definitely have your back! goodluck on your Journey;)

traceymc1985 04-29-2012 03:14 AM

Hi everyone- hope you have all had a good weekend- in everyway including food. I know that if my mood is down then i tend to go off track. Knowing that i will feel worse afterwards stops me from doing this.
I had my weigh in on wednesday and was pleased to lose 1.5lbs!!!! I did have an iced finger last saturday night too!
This weekend hasnt been perfect- me and kids went swimming yesterday and today we have been baking bread and blueberry buns- i love being in the kitchen- it really helps destress me. Its the keeping away from it thats the problem!!! Homemade is always the nicest!

beckyjoeh 05-02-2012 08:21 AM

Checking in on all of you!!!!

You ready for the book of Becky… watch out, I’m in a “mood” :p

Ramranjitha- congrats on choosing a 2nd baby! My advice; don’t lay around eating ice cream –that got me in too much trouble. Just keep walking, stretching, eating healthy. You’ll do great! Being aware is ½ the battle.

Tracy X! YEAY YOU! I’m loving your positive vibes. 4 lbs. then 1.5, your doin’ it girl! Give us some helpful tips that you are seeing work. Like, I know if I snack after dinner then I’ll gain…. So I cut that out and still not loosing….. chewing my dang gum, ARRG…. Needless to say, I’m not losing. And um, what's an ice finger?

Julia –a BAKERY, how can you do it?!?!?! All those good smells and yumminess. My oldest is a preteen girl who LOVES to eat & not so much activity…. so I really need to model healthy habits, but I don’t want to seem “worried” about my weight. I’m feeling like I have to really watch how I approach this and keep my “self-love” and “self-loath” in check. Not to mention I don’t want to seem like I have weird eating habits, so she thinks that’s normal.

Gouc547- Look @ you arm peddling and swimming, that’s dedication!!!!! Keep it up. Wow, I better step up my game.

Thanks for all checking in… I’m loving hearing how it’s going w/you all. So I got a little question (or maybe I’m using it as a cop out, so set me straight). If you start eating healthy, more fruits & veggies, baking or grilling your food, no candy or cakes (when you usually have that every day) and your doing cardio, sit ups, push-ups, etc. 4x a week, drinking more water, taking the stairs.. How long should it take for your body to start responding. I keep hearing that if your system is “out of whack” then it has to reprogram or clean out the toxins, blah, blah. I’m like a month into this and still only down 3 lbs. the 3 lbs I lost in the first few days of trying. Each week I do a little more…. Change to light salad dressing, how about none at all?

I’m THIS desperate…. I saw an infomercial where people were wearing this “belly band” and did 2 min. of abs and then wore it 10 min. every day…. Now I’m on my elliptical & doing my floor exercises in my spanks!!!!! :eek: Makin’ NO dang difference…. I just look more ridiculous. I’m not giving up! So tell me, what is the longest “plateau” or time frame that it has taken for things to really start working for you?

traceymc1985 05-02-2012 09:19 AM

Hi everyone- had my weigh in today and i lost 1lb- yippee! Considering i had a weekend of baking with the kids and losing control for 2 days resulting in too many blueberry muffins and homemade rosemary rolls!
Iced fingers are white breaded finger rolls topped with icing- not the greatest delights but they do the job when its stodge and heavy carbs needed- usually the week before Aunt Flo- i think you call it on your side of the pond.

Another week ahead and im hoping to make it a good one!

adyndravo1 05-22-2012 03:54 PM

Hi there.my name is Nyda and I am 57 and need to loose 122.5 lbs..I know I am going to have to get in there and work and a lot needs to change. I suffer from depression. With out the pill most every day the pressure gets so bad I start crying and can't stop..Do this any way once in a great while but aleast with the anti depressant I mostly am okay. Sorry if I miss spaces and don't put in captial letters, all day long I am typeing emails and online names.
I lost 2 punds this last week.Small goals are acheivable.

adyndravo1 05-24-2012 02:13 PM

I hope that there is someone out there who is reading this. I missed last night was having trouble with the server. I had a good day today. I was able to stay at work the whole day. and still don't feel to bad this evening. I am really tried tonioght, the migrains just drain me. I am off tomorrow and hope the wind isn't blowing 30mph. I have to get out and get some yard work done which will also help me lose.;)

julieawi 05-29-2012 08:05 AM

Traceymc1985 - We are the exact same weight and have exactly the same weight loss goal! I am definitely at the point where I need some external motivation in the form of a weight loss buddy.

Tazigirl - I'm there, sister! I'm so ready to get this 30 pounds off of me! I need a place to go each day for motivation and feedback. I'm hoping this is the place!

traceymc1985 05-29-2012 09:46 PM

Hi to all new members
Past 2 weeks have been really hard for me. No weigh ins because my weightwatchers leader has cancelled. Not impressed by it because i NEED the weekly weigh ins to keep me on track.
Ive made the decision to rejoin my Rosemary Conley classes- these include 45mins aerobics plus there is a 12 week bootcamp starting 8th June so i am signing up for that too.
I admit i do not make best efforts with exercise so this will help me get a better workout routine. Im looking forward to it because i seriously need to tone up. Looking at myself last night with my thighs i thought no more. Being off track has put me back into scrutinising my body.

Time to put my butt in gear- healthy turkey casserole for dinner- followed by NO biscuits and ice cream.

Jho82 05-30-2012 01:49 AM

Becky! I LOL'ed a lot at your post! I WEAR SPANKS TOO!!:D I've been MIA for a couple of weeks but I'm back at it! I'm on 3 threads now on fitday! Its a challenge keeping up with everyone but I love it at the same time!

It seems like you are doing everything right?.... So I'm not sure what sort of advice I can give you... The weight seems to come off when I am doing it right too and I have yet to hit a plateau (dreading it)...I find that my eating is HUGE! I used to snack a lot during the day when i'm home with the kids - I cut out eating at night unless it a low cal yogurt or an apple or something. KEEP AT IT. How much water are you drinking? WATER WATER WATER - if you think you are getting enough - drink 20 extra oz! when I started out I was barely drinking 10 oz a day.... now I'm drinking 80-100oz easily and have SO MUCH MORE ENERGY - ITS RIDICULOUS. Drink until your pee is clear! Are you taking any multivitamins!? Thats a big one too - my body responds immediately to these! Currently I'm taking one Mutlibionta everyday and would highly recommend multivitamins! As for cardio.... how much are you doing and have you tried interval? I was reading up on interval training yesterday and had my first one last night. I read that 20 min of interval is equal to 40 min regular cardio! Crazy! Anyway - I'll let you know how it goes this week - I'm aiming for 3 interval, 1 zumba. (I usually do about 20-30 min of weight training/situps/pushups before my cardio).

You seem like a very encouraging and optimistic person - I love that!! Let me know if any of my "advice" might help you! And keep us posted!!

Tracey - HI AGAIN!! hahahhahahhahahahaha - I feel like we are going to be Besties!! :) Great job checking in everywhere! lol Good luck with your weigh in (whenever you get it scheduled!)

Everyone else - HI!!! Keep checking in!! No excuses!

traceymc1985 05-30-2012 03:24 AM

Jho- LOL Im also trying to keep up with all the threads.
I hear you with the water- i find it really hard to get it down without gulping bottles at at a time then i spend every 5 mins at the loo. I will try harder with it though and hope it helps me rid of the horrible belly thats crept back up on me!

Jho82 05-30-2012 04:01 AM

Awesome! I also have to chug down 10 oz at a time - so I make it easy:

10oz/breaky/10oz/multivitamin

10oz/lunch/10oz

10oz/dinner/10oz

20oz with workout!

Right there is 80oz and I sometimes will get an extra 20oz between meals! With 2 busy kids (3 and 17mo) I try to make things easy for myself and find that this method works best for me! I also spend lots of time at the loo!! :D

Keily664 05-30-2012 04:27 AM

I'm new here

I'm new here and I would like some friends and diet buddies too. I'm not 24 yet I'm only 13 but I need to lose a lot of weight!! I'm 5' 8" and 219.4 lb!!:D

Jho82 05-30-2012 04:41 AM

Good place to start Keily! You are so young! Life must be pretty hectic but awesome job looking out for yourself! Check in often! It helps me a lot to keep in touch with people! Check out the 7-day Motivational thread thats on the top of the list every week! Awesome people in there too, to push you along on your journey! Welcome!

traceymc1985 05-30-2012 09:16 AM

Ive been making small steps with my water today and drank more than i usually do- going to carry a bottle in my bag tomorrow and keep filling up when i can.
Your baby is so cute by the way- seems like a long time mine were that small- ive got a 9 and 7 year old- im only 27 but i wouldnt change them for the world- only wish i had my life in place properly before having them rather than ending up a single parent. My choice and was best for all for us. Everyone is happy now- well im getting there- always so much standng in the way and feels like a black cloud is over me these days.

Keily welcome- always here to help every step of the way- i wish id have learned alot more about proper healthy eating at your age!

I try now to make my kids aware and encourage a healthy diet- i dont push it cos i know how easy they soak things up and i dont want them to be aware of body image at a young age but do want them to kno whats good for them. They are super eaters though and will happily fill their plates with fruit, salad and veg.

Jho82 05-30-2012 12:56 PM

Well you are a lucky girl Tracey! My little boy eats nothing but pasta, chicken nuggets and cheese... its a constant challenge but I've introduced smoothies! Monster smoothies are disguised with Green food colouring (AKA SPINACH!) and he loves it! I just throw in a bunch of fruits, yogurt, milk, flax seeds, ice and "food colouring"! My little girl is better but eats very little and very sporadically! When she does not want to eat the food ends up all over my kitchen and she thinks this is hilarious....me not so much! Great job on the water and I'm glad you feel confident in your choice as a single parent. It must have been one of the toughest choices ever! I wish you happiness and I think you are on your way - that cloud will move soon enough. I think we all feel this way at times! Remember the big picture!

By the way - she is cute (thank you) but she is also the devil in disguise! :rolleyes:

traceymc1985 05-31-2012 07:02 AM

Its only as the kids got older they started to eat better- i guess they became less scared by it lol- i always just say try it and if theydont like it okay but i will try again and give them it again but in a different recipe. They are adventurous though and like to try new shapes/colours fruits and veg.
I became a single mum just before my 21st birthday and since then have been on a rollercoaster- mixing the good with the bad but yes im getting there very slowly and i believe 1 day i will be fully content in my life- if theres such thing!
Thankyou for the support in all aspects of my life rather than weight- it all ties in together though doesnt it with moods etc.

Today ive been off track again- dont know where my mindset has veered off to- had some retail therapy today, my partner (who i met in my darkest days- 7 years together in July) treat me to some lovely new summer clothes and today it rained all day! Typical lol.

Foodwise ive not been on track again- heads not in right place when iv not got weigh ins- roll on next wednesday when i can start again. I need to try not to gain though til then- this is a challenge- amazing how my mind changes when im not being weighed!

Cathi117 06-02-2012 11:50 AM

Hi, Im Cathy and recently turned 22 yrs old, ive been over weight for as long as i can remember, i just joined today and i think the best thing to help me stick to my goals to lose weight is to join a support group with anyone who can relate me :p

lydiapanacea 06-02-2012 01:52 PM

Hi Jessica, I'm Lydia, i'm 25 and a mother of one very rambuncious little boy who just turned one. I had a c section with a ton of complications and I am finally ready to start my road to weightloss. I am weighing in today at 225. I started last week at 231. My goal weight is 135-145. I have always had a problem sticking to it, and would love to have some support through this as well. My husband is a junk food eater and a guy who loves to dine out which makes it even harder to stick to it. If anyone wants to keep in touch i'd love some pen pals to keep eachother on track. My email is [email protected].