Notices

looking for friends for support

Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya there- from my experience sometimes having too few calories can stop weight loss. In the past i used to be a bit naive and think that if i survive on salad then i will lose weight- i guess in your case you will be eating a good variety of food within your 1400 cals. In the end it backfired and ended up costing me in the long run. I would have a look on the fitday site and use it to work out how many calories your body needs to create a deficit for weight loss based on your current weight and height. As you regularly exercise also i dont understand why you havent seen results. Were you losing weight before this 3 weeks?? If so it could just be a plateau phase and keep going- if you know what you are doing is right your body might just be trying to catch up. Let me know how you get on
Tracey x
Old 04-26-2012, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. I'd love to be apart of your support group as well. Fitness and nutrition has been a long-lasting endeavor of mine. I actually roam the healthfood store aisles for education and nutrition on a daily basis (or self therapy=). I travel a ton for work and am always around indulgent food. That plus hotel room living has presented a huge challenge for me. Let's do this! =)
Old 04-28-2012, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Totally understadable!!

Originally Posted by Jho82
Hey Tazigirl - this is the first msg I am responding to on this site.... its a little overwhelming when I'm so used to facebook! I just turned 30 and I am so sick of my own excuses and pity that I need to make a change!!! And I need some help too! I can't do this on my own. Let me know if you are still looking for a support group!
I am new here as well and its a little confusing, but I think i am getting the hang of it.... from what I am seeing you definitely will recieve the support from these people, they are so nice and definitely have your back! goodluck on your Journey
Old 04-29-2012, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- hope you have all had a good weekend- in everyway including food. I know that if my mood is down then i tend to go off track. Knowing that i will feel worse afterwards stops me from doing this.
I had my weigh in on wednesday and was pleased to lose 1.5lbs!!!! I did have an iced finger last saturday night too!
This weekend hasnt been perfect- me and kids went swimming yesterday and today we have been baking bread and blueberry buns- i love being in the kitchen- it really helps destress me. Its the keeping away from it thats the problem!!! Homemade is always the nicest!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Checking in on all of you!!!!

You ready for the book of Becky… watch out, I’m in a “mood”

Ramranjitha- congrats on choosing a 2nd baby! My advice; don’t lay around eating ice cream –that got me in too much trouble. Just keep walking, stretching, eating healthy. You’ll do great! Being aware is ½ the battle.

Tracy X! YEAY YOU! I’m loving your positive vibes. 4 lbs. then 1.5, your doin’ it girl! Give us some helpful tips that you are seeing work. Like, I know if I snack after dinner then I’ll gain…. So I cut that out and still not loosing….. chewing my dang gum, ARRG…. Needless to say, I’m not losing. And um, what's an ice finger?

Julia –a BAKERY, how can you do it?!?!?! All those good smells and yumminess. My oldest is a preteen girl who LOVES to eat & not so much activity…. so I really need to model healthy habits, but I don’t want to seem “worried” about my weight. I’m feeling like I have to really watch how I approach this and keep my “self-love” and “self-loath” in check. Not to mention I don’t want to seem like I have weird eating habits, so she thinks that’s normal.

Gouc547- Look @ you arm peddling and swimming, that’s dedication!!!!! Keep it up. Wow, I better step up my game.

Thanks for all checking in… I’m loving hearing how it’s going w/you all. So I got a little question (or maybe I’m using it as a cop out, so set me straight). If you start eating healthy, more fruits & veggies, baking or grilling your food, no candy or cakes (when you usually have that every day) and your doing cardio, sit ups, push-ups, etc. 4x a week, drinking more water, taking the stairs.. How long should it take for your body to start responding. I keep hearing that if your system is “out of whack” then it has to reprogram or clean out the toxins, blah, blah. I’m like a month into this and still only down 3 lbs. the 3 lbs I lost in the first few days of trying. Each week I do a little more…. Change to light salad dressing, how about none at all?

I’m THIS desperate…. I saw an infomercial where people were wearing this “belly band” and did 2 min. of abs and then wore it 10 min. every day…. Now I’m on my elliptical & doing my floor exercises in my spanks!!!!! Makin’ NO dang difference…. I just look more ridiculous. I’m not giving up! So tell me, what is the longest “plateau” or time frame that it has taken for things to really start working for you?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- had my weigh in today and i lost 1lb- yippee! Considering i had a weekend of baking with the kids and losing control for 2 days resulting in too many blueberry muffins and homemade rosemary rolls!
Iced fingers are white breaded finger rolls topped with icing- not the greatest delights but they do the job when its stodge and heavy carbs needed- usually the week before Aunt Flo- i think you call it on your side of the pond.

Another week ahead and im hoping to make it a good one!
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hi there.my name is Nyda and I am 57 and need to loose 122.5 lbs..I know I am going to have to get in there and work and a lot needs to change. I suffer from depression. With out the pill most every day the pressure gets so bad I start crying and can't stop..Do this any way once in a great while but aleast with the anti depressant I mostly am okay. Sorry if I miss spaces and don't put in captial letters, all day long I am typeing emails and online names.
I lost 2 punds this last week.Small goals are acheivable.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

I hope that there is someone out there who is reading this. I missed last night was having trouble with the server. I had a good day today. I was able to stay at work the whole day. and still don't feel to bad this evening. I am really tried tonioght, the migrains just drain me. I am off tomorrow and hope the wind isn't blowing 30mph. I have to get out and get some yard work done which will also help me lose.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Traceymc1985 - We are the exact same weight and have exactly the same weight loss goal! I am definitely at the point where I need some external motivation in the form of a weight loss buddy.

Tazigirl - I'm there, sister! I'm so ready to get this 30 pounds off of me! I need a place to go each day for motivation and feedback. I'm hoping this is the place!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hi to all new members
Past 2 weeks have been really hard for me. No weigh ins because my weightwatchers leader has cancelled. Not impressed by it because i NEED the weekly weigh ins to keep me on track.
Ive made the decision to rejoin my Rosemary Conley classes- these include 45mins aerobics plus there is a 12 week bootcamp starting 8th June so i am signing up for that too.
I admit i do not make best efforts with exercise so this will help me get a better workout routine. Im looking forward to it because i seriously need to tone up. Looking at myself last night with my thighs i thought no more. Being off track has put me back into scrutinising my body.

Time to put my butt in gear- healthy turkey casserole for dinner- followed by NO biscuits and ice cream.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.