Notices

looking for friends for support

Old 04-16-2012, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Thoughts?

Welcome to all my new virtual friends!!! So, since this seems to be a spot that everyone is at & we are all looking for support, let just keep coming back to this thread as often as you like and post your progress, shortfalls, tips, healthy food choices, etc. I'll go first...

I've been at this now for 2 weeks. I'm trying to loose weight and not drink alcohol. My blood pressure is a little high and I have diabetes in my family, so I just need to get a handle on my health. Anyway, I have a planner and I put a smilie face when I work out and a star if I don't drink. I have 2 weeks of faces and stars and I'm only down 2 stinkin' pounds... which I'm thinking is water weight. I have been logging my food and eating every 2 hours, not eating b4 bed... so um, yeah all that hard work w/little to no results made me fall off the wagon and eat Easter candy, hot wings & beer for a few day's in a row. Ho-hum, I'm not giving up and I'm going to keep at it. Today is a new day!!!!! But I'm not going to weigh myself till tomorrow!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

I am right there with you. I was a healthy young women that rode and showed horses. I am 42 and 40 pounds overweight and depressed about it. Let's support each other!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Shuleran we are totally going to do this! Life is too short to be depressed, we will do this.... even if it takes alot longer than it might have in our 20's. My "latest" thing..... gum. I just decided a few minutes ago I'm going to eat all the right stuff I pack to take to work today and inbetween I'm chewing gum.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:31 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy i wanna lose weight

hey jessica even i want to loose weight and i lost my weight also but now am planning for second kid and i dont to gain the lost weight again in pregnancy ...i mean overweight u know.....so please help me how to take care during pregnancy and after delivery too......please
Old 04-19-2012, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Tazigirl,
I would love to join - looking for support as well. I am an empty nester, 50 + trying to get back on track. I have been doing the ABS Diet and exercising 4 times a week for the past 2 months. I see results, but I have 50 more pounds that I want to lose, slowly so that it stays off this time! Let us know if a new thread will be started for this.
We can do it!!
Brandywinegirl56
)
Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Where are you?

Hi Tazigirl,
Where are you? Seem like you got a lot of responses here but you haven't come back to check your thread.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:04 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up suppoting you

Hi Tazigirl. i am a mom of two girls now 14 and 17 and have struggled with weight gain since depression after their birth. I had a husband who was always on about the changes in my body but not helpful. We got a divorce. looking back it would have been so motivational for me if he had told me I was still the sexiest thing on the planet, loved my curves and supported me through a programme as if we were in it together. Tell him you need his love especially when you are tired. I am now trying to lose 6 stone - 84lb. We can support each other.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:11 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow beckyjoeh

Keep at it. When there seems to be nothing coming off it is disheartening. I am just counting calories as I only just started but being over 40 it seems slow to shift even though I have a new, very active job up and down stairs all day. I also work in a bakery so have pity on me! I need to wear a wetsuit for an activity holiday with my teenagers in August so have a vanity reason to lose the extra. My health seems psychologically less important - if you know what I mean!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there everyone- hope you are all having a positive weekend? This time of the week seems to be the hardest for me because im not out and about as much and i need to lose the habit of boredom eating!
I lost 4lbs this week at weigh in!!!!
I do weightwatchers and weigh in on wednesday evenings.
The weight loss has spurred me on not let go of the control and when im doing well im a much happier person. I had a bad couple of days this week, not with food but my mood- ive been to the doctors with help because i seem to stress so badly and its upsetting because i dont feel the person i used to- just too wired all the time. Anyway i didnt comfort eat like i usually would have and im proud that it paid off.
I understand with the comments when comes to having a supportive partner. My ex never gave me what i needed in any way and im not saying its his fault i bacame so overweight but it didnt help that i had no belief or pride in myself. However my boyfriend who ive been with 7 years has been fantastic. I couldnt have got as far as i have without him and his support. He always loved me and showed me he was attracted to me even when i was at my heaviest. At the time it felt too good to be true and he helped to give me the confidence to feel i did deserve all this love and adoration. When i began to like myself more the weight was easier to come off because i believed in myself.
This doesnt mean it has to be a man that gives us that kind of support- thats why we have fitday because any support that is needed for all of us we are all here to hand it out in bucket loads!!!!!!!!!!

Tracey x
Old 04-22-2012, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

hi everyone,

I'd love to join you to give and get support. I've been struggling with weight loss most of my life. I need to lose some weight to help a dislocated knee cap and severe osteoarthritis that has struck me early in life. I'm only taking in 11-1400 calories a day and I haven't lost anything in three weeks. That scares me because I think my metabolism is really low. I'm pretty sedentary right now but I swim twice a week and use an arm peddler every day.

Hang in there everyone!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.