Notices

Is anyone else tired of not feeling sexy?

Old 01-23-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kgbrav
I went in to log in my food and I forgot this had a forum and decide to check it out. I couldnt believe this thread was on here about feeling sexy. I am trying to lose 32 lbs and kids and a VERY tough marriage where my husband is having issues himself therefore isnt very romantic or complimentary so therefore i feel non existant...ugly, and lost. So we had a huge fight today got some stuff out in the open and then he said something about how i dont take care to be sexy! i was like whatever!! I think I am attractive and yes i think once i lose the weight i would feel amazing. so like you all i am trying to get my sexy bk. I dont think I ever really felt it, so here's to me trying to find it at 36!

good luck everyone!
kgbrav, I totally know how you feel. I've been married for 15 years with 3 teenagers now. My husband is going through....something...I don't know. But what was once a loving and fun marriage has turned into a drudgery. I have been feeling myself being pulled down and I just can't allow that. I'm 33 and still young so I decided to take care of me...hopefully everything else will fall in place. I'm new on here but it's nice to know others are going through what I am. Good luck to you.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies, sorry to hear things are going rough for you. I've been married -divorced and remarried for 22 years (total between both marriages) and I can honestly say that sometimes relationships are tough. Men can't seem to handle things as well as women...I guess it is because we like to nuture. I'm glad we have a place we can look for support. A lot of times a few days can make a big difference... hang in there and know that taking care of yourself will keep you strong
Old 01-24-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Ahhhhhhh! I was doing really great this weekend...stayed where I needed to yesterday...but today I went to lesson plan with my counterpart and we plan at BK b/c our girls go to Sunday School right around the corner and I thought I would be good and eat the Cheesy Bacon Wraps instead of my usual Sausage Egg Cheese Biscuit...Boy was I WRONG I had almost 2 times the calories and I didn't even like them as much I had enough calories and fat in those two stupid little wraps as I can have for breakfast and lunch! We have to find a new place to plan! On the bright side...I did drop from 192 to 187 this week...I am thinking a lot of it is water weight...I am really trying to drink a lot more water than I used to which is easy b/c I used to drink none. I will also give some of the credit to the alli...I am pleased to see weight come off b/c I tend to get discouraged easily when I eat good and don't lose weight. Hopefully everyone had a successful weekend. Christine
Old 01-24-2010, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

i so feel u on that i dont feel sexy either, and then theres those times when u and ur spouse get into and some names go around and even though they apologize later n say they didnt really mean it... u know they did. and though ur mad ur not entirely mad at them bcuz u know u wouldnt want a partner who is physically unattractive either. its a major blow to confidence and security and self esteem. yea sure theres people who are fat and still "pretty" but they only get the brownie points for making up for it in intelligence talent personality good cooking always dressing nice and having good make up. think bout it, u ever see ur cute fat friend in the morning b4 she get geared up? yea she aint so cute n e more.... and thats what her spouse sees most of the time or often enough to remember shes not all that
Old 01-24-2010, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

girl let me know! bout this alli , how long u been on which one are u on, are there different allis? do u exercize while on it? i need a diet aid ... but i dont trust comercial people who say it works i wanna hear from real people who have no lose or gain to tell me bout it...
Old 01-24-2010, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by msmarilyn3
Chrispearson,
Thanks for letting us follow you on the Alli diet journey- I too was thinking of starting Alli because when logging my foods I notice that my fat intake is kinda high, I like cheese Do you have a Dollar Tree store by you? I noticed that they have the book to accompany the Alli diet pill- it is a bigger book and obviously the price if right ha-ha! I like these smiley faces can you tell?
But anyways, I may instead of using Alli go with Xenical same drug but prescription strength and I think my insurance may cover it? It is hard to increase your protien intake and lower your fats ha? I find it even harder to lower my carbs So I've been taking Carb Intercept before high carb meals like spaghetti or pizza. Thanks again for joining our group and sharing your journey with us
yea right! hard to get protein w/o the fat try egg whites i let my hubby have the yolks and i eat the whites and soy products are ok i guess morning star has great tasting veggie burgers and yes i frickin love cheese esp mozzerella i can eat a half a lb of it melted rolled in some bread crumbs ugh good taste bad waste y y y !!!!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MarkysMom
Hey, Christine, I was a teacher, too, back in the pre-baby days. What do you teach? That sounds like my lunchtimes, too - such funny times.

What kind of side effects does Alli cause? I know some of those diet pills cause - um, gastrointestinal side effects, if you know what I mean. It always kept me from trying them. I can't now until I finish weaning my son, which hopefully will be soon.

Everyone keep up the good work - baby steps!
hahahhaaaa gas right? hahaha cheese milk and eggs give me gas since im lactose intolerant i soooo need to stop w diary even the lactaid upsets my stomache ooooh sometimes it really hurts too.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by msmarilyn3
Hi Marky's Mom:
Carb intercept with Phase 2 inhibits the enzyme responsible to digesting starch into simple sugars your body can absorb. The body absorbs simple sugars in fat stores.
Excess carbs = Excess fat. It also contains Chromium which helps metabolize fats and protiens for energy. I've used this product without any side effects. The product comes in a purple bottle and is made by Natrol. 60 capsules cost around $10 and it doesn't have to be used everyday. If you get a differant brand make sure it has Phase 2 carb controller that is the emzyme you need.
oooh this is very helpful thank u we have natrol here at walgreens we have their vit c, fish oils, and b, so maybe they have that too
Old 01-24-2010, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

I'm new to this site- so hello everyone. I completely agree, when you are or feel overweight and your clothes don't hang as well as they should or did - sexiness, confidence etc fly out the door In my case the way I look normally directly translates to the way I'm feeling inside. I'm tired of not going out with friends because I'm worried that my clothes are too tight in the wrong places, or that my ass looks too big, or having to suck in my stomach for hours on end- honestly I have done this on many an occasion esp. when I've caught my reflection in a mirror I've put on a lot of weight over the last 2-3 yrs because I spend a lot of time at home, don't have a regular income so cannot workout in a gym plus many etcs. I hope we ladies can motivate each other to reclaim our sexiness- whatever that means

All the best everyone... and step away from the biscuits and the buttered toast... LOL

Last edited by Pretee; 01-24-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Congratulations :)

Originally Posted by chrispearson
Ahhhhhhh! I was doing really great this weekend...stayed where I needed to yesterday...but today I went to lesson plan with my counterpart and we plan at BK b/c our girls go to Sunday School right around the corner and I thought I would be good and eat the Cheesy Bacon Wraps instead of my usual Sausage Egg Cheese Biscuit...Boy was I WRONG I had almost 2 times the calories and I didn't even like them as much I had enough calories and fat in those two stupid little wraps as I can have for breakfast and lunch! We have to find a new place to plan! On the bright side...I did drop from 192 to 187 this week...I am thinking a lot of it is water weight...I am really trying to drink a lot more water than I used to which is easy b/c I used to drink none. I will also give some of the credit to the alli...I am pleased to see weight come off b/c I tend to get discouraged easily when I eat good and don't lose weight. Hopefully everyone had a successful weekend. Christine

Congratulations on your weight loss that is great! I've got an appt. with my Dr. tomorrow to see about Xenical so I'm glad to hear the Alli is working so well! Fastfood places with the exception of Subway and Taco Bell really set us up for failure....it is hard to get convience and healthy at the same time ha? Anyways, keep up the great work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.