Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 01-21-2013, 08:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Everyone!

Sounds like lots of success on this board! I'm back to logging my food because I'm up a couple of pounds. After my knee replacement, things were going so well and I was so ahead of the game. Alas, I tweaked a little something doing a squat (one of the exercises given to me by my PT ), so I haven't been able to exercise much. (Didn't hurt the replacement, it's just a little more swollen than normal). At any rate, lack of exercise + cold temps + hubby out of town for two weeks so I'm having to do everything = feeling sorry for myself and eating too much!!

BUT, I know how to do this and thankfully you are all doing so well (and are here) that I'll nip it in the bud now!

Have a great week.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds silly and I know it's been drilled in my head but I just have a hard time doing it . . . .

Setting small weekly goals and only weighing in once a week.

I get really crazy and weigh in every day and get discouraged.

BUT this last week I set a goal that was reachable and didn't weigh in every day and I LOST

Sometimes we know what to do, but just fight doing it.

Hope everyone's having a good week! (BTW - it's FREEZING in Ohio)
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Banned

See Laurie...it worked
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 AM
Banned

Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Well, girls I am finally honest enough with myself to see that I need help getting to that final number. I am trying not to be fixated on it, but in 2 pounds it will be a NORMAL BMI. I lost about 30 I can lose 2 more.

I've made some decisions. For me, this isnt about the scale anymore. I need to focus on the fitness and health part of the journey, which, if I do it right, the pounds should follow, right? So....

I have a meeting on Friday with a trainer at my gym to discuss my nutrition, my current workouts, my goals, my measurements, etc. I know my nutrition is pretty good, but obviously there is something in my equation that I am missing, since I've been teetering around this same weight since October. Maintenance is good, but I want to tweak this plan just a little bit more.

So... wish me luck I am pretty psyched.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Banned

I'm sure you and the trainer can def figure out something to help you along
in your goals

138.0 ( lil gain )
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Gained back..now trying to loose 15lbs

Hi, I was doing fantastic until thanksgiving time when I started not caring and quickly put back my 8lbs, and now am 15lbs over my goal weight. These are the lifestyle changes I made starting February 4th..

1. Drinking 8oz water at least five times a day
2. Working out p90x cardio/kempo/pylo x 3-4 times a week
3. Eating 1500kcal/day

hoping to join your challenge
Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I am new here. I am on diet as of today; trying to eat healthy, exercise 3-4 x week, and drink lots of water.

Current weight 146.7; Goal -10 pounds. Heigh 5.7"
Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Banned

Welcome newbies
Old 02-13-2013, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

was up 1/2 pound last week, this week back down to my favorite number, 142. I think Im attached to it, like its my 3rd child! LOL

doing some crossfit stuff with some friends now, and incorporating more intense workout activity for the last 4 weeks. Without these buddies, I would not push as hard, this I have come to realize. I am not losing weight. But this more intense workout leaves my blood sugars a bit low, so I have had to up my calorie intake to about 1900 cals and add more protein to keep myself OK. BUT... I have noticed a difference in measurements, so I am excited!~ Scale is not going to be my end all be all! NSV - This morning I saw a definition in my stomach. THAT HASNT HAPPENED SINCE I WAS 19! (im 44 now by the way!) Wasnt sure, so I asked my husband, "What the hell is this?" And he said uh, its a byproduct of all those planks and scissors! Its not much, there's no 6 pack abs or anything, nowhere close to that, but you can see a flatter space with definition on each side. WHOO HOO JUST KEEP SWIMMING!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.