Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 10-13-2012, 07:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by beccafries
I'm still maintaining...getting kinda of nervous about my surgery......having the big H....

Yikes! Take good care of yourself. I'll be sending all my love and hope for a speedy recovery through the universe to you.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned

Thanks Pam, I appreciate that!

I'm having my Fairwell to My Uterus party next Friday
Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Becca, good luck on your upcoming surgery... I am sure you will be feeling so much better once the plumbing is all gone, here is a party activity for you... throw out the Midol pills and sanitary products into the fireplace, it will make a nice big bonfire and here in New England, this time of year a bonfire is a perfect way to spend the evening with friends.... whoo hoo! LOL

I have swung back down -.5 again to 143.5 You guys are so right, keeping the course is the right thing to do, and eventually these last few pounds will go away. My calorie deficits right now have only been -300 or -400 calories per day on weekdays, so this will be a slow process. I am very OK with that, as the last week I have had NO sugar lows. (probably because I did not weight train this week, but hey, I feel GREAT) Honestly I dont log my meals on the weekends, so I am sure I am hitting max maintenance numbers (1950 cals) at least one of the two weekend nights.

Pam, let us know how your evaluation at the gym went, that sounds really cool. Once I hit my goal, my reward to myself is going to be a one on one with trainer/nutritionist at my gym. hoping this will occur BEFORE santa comes to town!

So where the heck is everybody? I wonder if the fact that Ive plateaued for so long, and have talked about it week after week, have I just scared everyone away from this topic. People like to hear all the successes, maybe they are closing their eyes to the times that our journeys arent as fast as we would like? But hey, I've learned over time, that its your resolve during the flat times that pull you through! keep on swimming, right?

Have a great rest of the week, ladies. Keep the heads up, will be checking in again soon....
Old 10-17-2012, 08:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
Pam, let us know how your evaluation at the gym went, that sounds really cool. Once I hit my goal, my reward to myself is going to be a one on one with trainer/nutritionist at my gym. hoping this will occur BEFORE santa comes to town!

So where the heck is everybody? I wonder if the fact that Ive plateaued for so long, and have talked about it week after week, have I just scared everyone away from this topic. People like to hear all the successes, maybe they are closing their eyes to the times that our journeys arent as fast as we would like? But hey, I've learned over time, that its your resolve during the flat times that pull you through! keep on swimming, right?
Naw, it ain't you. It seems like it is pretty quiet all over the forum.
The body fat test went great - 17.7% body fat. I was truely shocked. I had predicted more like 22 to 23%. Now, I knew I had gained a lot of muscle from a year and a 1/2 of weight lifting, and I have to admit that for the first time in my life I rather like my arms, but I didn't expect that great an outcome.

The interesting thing is that if I shoot for 15%, which at my age, stage, and physical activity would be outstanding, I only need to go from the 132 I was last Sat. to 128. 4 freak'n pounds. Anything more I start losing more muscle that fat!!!

I guess it is time for me to come to realization that I have nothing more to lose
Old 10-17-2012, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

What a nice realization! Pam that is so awesome, I am sure there were days where the last thing you wanted to do was go bust your buns at a workout, and now you see the results and they at better than you imagined. Sounds like a success story to me!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned

Maintaining is SUCCESS

Yea.. already burning the pads the day before the surgery
Chris- thanks for the well wishes
Old 10-17-2012, 04:45 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 'Weighing In' on Maintenance

Hi everyone...gosh it's been a while...life has been a little hectic the last few weeks! Looks like everyone is hanging in there! Terrific!

Becca, I'm also sending you positive vibes. I'm sure it will go well.

Chris, I also have to chime in that it has to be doubly tough to manage diet, exercise, weight loss, etc., and keep blood sugar levels healthy. Really sounds like you have a handle on it!

Pam, that test at the gym sounds very cool and congratulations on the result. That is so awsome! I'd be interested in doing that too, but I doubt our gyms here have that type of equipment. (I live in a small town AND I don't belong to the gym!)

So, here are my thoughts on maintenance and how it's going for me. It's been a little over 3 months now and I am holding my own under my original goal weight of 125. My low was 122 (didn't eat much that day and did loads of dancing ) but 123/124 is where I tend to hover. Pretty pleased about that. BUT IT'S HARD!!
* I'm still obsessed with weight and sometimes I weigh twice a day (once before bed and once when I get up). I tell myself I'm curious how various food choices are affecting me (starches, salt, etc.) but realistically, I think I know...so my goal for the next few months is not to weigh quite as often.
* I'm not logging my food as religiously as I was, although if I feel like I slipped a bit and need to get back on track, logging is invaluable!
* It's very easy to wing it, which is not a good thing for me. For example, last Friday night we went out to dinner at my favorite restaurant and I ate too much. I made healthy choices, but when the food is delicious (and a tad expensive) it's hard not to eat it all. AND I had two glasses of wine AND dessert AND a glass of Sambuca (which I haven't had for ages and it was amazingly good!). So for some reason, that meal gave me license to be a little lax all weekend, which resulted in 2 extra pounds! Luckily, being good for a couple also dropped them again, but still!

I guess part of the learning process (you'd think I'd know this by now) is this is a life choice and I can't go back to the bad eating habits. The food doesn't go away so I don't have to eat everything now; I can have some more tomorrow. And the other thing for me to remember is an occasional slip or reward isn't going to mess everything up -- as long as I'm back on track immediately following. The mistake I've made in the past is try to fast the next day, which is a recipe for disaster. I end up getting too hungry and then make bad choices again. Fasting is fine for me as a cleansing exercise but not as an antidote to blowing it!

Anyway, enough of my ranting. Have a good week everyone!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Debra thanks for all your thoughts on maintenance. I've been doing a lot of mental preparedness (if that is such a word) since I am getting closer to my goal. I cant wait to get there.

I know this way of living is something I will need to adhere to for the rest of my life. But I think because this has been a slow journey for me (30 lbs in 10 months so far) I have made the adjustments properly and I think I will be OK. My diabetes numbers are excellent and I know if my mom were still alive, a lifelong diabetic - she would be impressed! Yes, I will slip up. Yes, there will be days where I will go to Chilis. But the difference now and before is is that now I plan ahead. I can go to Taco Bell if the kids ask. But now I get a Fresco Chic Burrito which is only 350 calories. Instead of the 900 calories I used to consume. I know now there are foods that I have to avoid. Chinese food ~ My enemy. I cant just eat a little, I eat ALOT and the MSG and sodium makes me gain 4 lbs in water weight, so eating it one time will take me 4-5 days to get rid of it. Bleech, who wants that, when I can eat Sushi with a fresh summer roll for 1/3 of the calories and no water retention? Simple solution to me!

Im learing to listen to my body instead of just stuffing it. There are days I still fail, but I am trying to remember that today I eat more naturally than ever before, and whenever the option is there, I eat brown carbs and whole grains instead of white. 2 Corona Lights (or 1 bloody mary) on a fun night, instead of 3-4 Black and Tans and a shot of Pinnacle whipped vodka. And a fun night cannot turn into a fun weekend because it will turn into a fun week and a fun month and then I will gain this back. I eat sliced cucumbers instead of chips when I have a sandwich, or when I make fresh quacamole. It crunches, it satisfies. SO many other little ways I have substituted my old habits with healthier but still satisfying alternatives.

Debra, you arent the only one ranting today! Someone approached me at work today, and asked me what I've done to get this far. They seemed almost disappointed that the way the weight came off was slow and sometimes rather difficult. But it made me think alot about all the little sacrifices we have all made each and everyday, and sometimes those little victories dont show up on the scale immediately, but damn... I look at the body of work as a whole and I am so darn proud of myself and I know you and Pam and anyone else who has hit their goal should be too!!!

Talk to you all next wednesday!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Stressed out

Ok, had knee surgery for a sports injury and one thing led to another and I have put on an excess 18 lbs...Doctor allowed me to train 4 weeks ago but just elliptical or bike which I started 4 weeks ago. O pound change. I slowly started 3 -4 times a week 30 minutes with an additional 20 minutes of ab work.
I am so confused....I know it will take longer to see a change but 0 LBS?
48yrs old female
weight now 158
need to weigh 135-140
pretty muscled athletic type
Old 10-21-2012, 04:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by yessayantz
Ok, had knee surgery for a sports injury and one thing led to another and I have put on an excess 18 lbs...Doctor allowed me to train 4 weeks ago but just elliptical or bike which I started 4 weeks ago. O pound change. I slowly started 3 -4 times a week 30 minutes with an additional 20 minutes of ab work.
I am so confused....I know it will take longer to see a change but 0 LBS?
Hi yessayantz. I too had knee surgery for a sports injury and can totally appreciate the frustration of not being able to work out and be active! For me personally, I know it would be VERY difficult to lose weight (or maintain) without being able to exercise. I'm sure some others on this forum may have some advice about not losing yet. In my case, my operation was before FitDay and consistently logging my food, and by the time I joined, I was able to exercise, so it's slightly different.

That said, I just saw my surgeon on Friday to find out I now need a total replacement <sigh>. I know my recovery will be much faster this time since I'm so much more fit, but I'm very afraid of a weight gain. So hang in there and I'm sure it will come off and you can be my inspiration!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.