Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 07-04-2012, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Yeah!!

Congrats Debra on reaching your goal. Maintenance is tricky! Your not really dieting but you can't eat everything you might want, so you have to figure out the balance. I did it for four years and then kind of went off the wagon, but caught it before it got TOO bad.

Pam congrats to you too!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Whoa Debra!!! Whoo hoo, what a way to celebrate the 4th of July! Awesome job. Did you jump around and do a little victory dance after the weigh in? I certainly did, but I bet your's was prettier.

Maintaining isn't for the faint of heart, I can tell you that! #1 Tip: Do not stop logging your food. #2 (And I am sure you know this) Treats, are still treats even though you are no longer officially dieting. So sure, have a little cake during a celebration, but don't make a habit of it.

One mistake I often make is reverting to old habits of eating lots of carbs - not necessarily unhealthy ones, but definitely more breads than I really need to. I don't have much of a sweet tooth - salty/crunchy things are my weakness. So I have stay pretty disciplined to avoid over doing the chips and crackers.

Have a great 4th, it certainly started off on the right foot.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

3 times now I've tried to write a reply here, having definitely server tech difficulties today...

I gained. 1 pound. BOOOOOOOOO.... now 6 pounds from goal, not 5. No excuses! I put other people's priorities ahead of mine, and made bad food decisions, and didnt work out, but once. When offered the cocktail, I said yes. The me from this spring would have said no thank you. The dessert? This week I said HELL YES, the me from this spring would have said no thank you, and had a Jello sugar free Mousse once I got home. I am accountable to this.

Today is new. I'm doing great today (except for this computer! LOL) Im back to planning my meals instead of waiting until getting home at 9pm to figure it out. And I've got a great workout planning for this evening.

Today is the day I follow my own mantra. Just keep swimming. And I thank each of you, because you guys help me, each day. Debra, you inspire me. Pam, once again you show us that the goal is in reach, and can be maintained. And people like you, Laurie who are seeing nothing but lemons, still stick to your plan and that is inspiring. And so many more of you that I read about but didnt write your names, thanks for helping me, each and every day.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I agree, Chris, this is a great forum. We can all inspire each other and keep each other honest. And kudos to you for catching it in time. Sometimes we just need to re-group, not give ourselves a hard time and start again. As someone said on this forum a while back, it's the journey.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default So . . .

I posted a couple of days ago, but it's not here

I guess I will try again.

Had a good 4th of July and actually behaved myself

Had a job interview today, which is good Will probably know tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Totally enjoying the farmers markets and the fresh fruit and veggies!

Hope you are all well!
Old 07-10-2012, 03:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by LoserLaurie
Had a good 4th of July and actually behaved myself

Had a job interview today, which is good Will probably know tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Totally enjoying the farmers markets and the fresh fruit and veggies!

Hope you are all well!
Well done on the 4th, Laurie. I think holidays are always the hardest. And I agree about the fresh fruit and veggies this time of year (eating blueberries as we speak). Makes it much easier for me to stay on track.

Fingers crossed for your job!

Debra
Old 07-10-2012, 05:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Lauri,
Sending you all the stength of the universe in hopes that the job works out.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks!

Thanks Debra and Pam
Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Wink I have 15 pounds to drop myself

Im 5'2 and 130. would love to be at 118 as well. I used to be 248, and have maintained my weight loss for 10 years. But I have difficulty with the few extra pounds
Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I'm back. After reaching my goal last July of 155. I've been going up and down since. Well I weighed in yesterday and I'm 168.

So here I am again, documenting everything I eat.

~kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.