Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 06-25-2012, 03:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Have you stopped watching yourself in the mirror yet? I have to admit that from time to time I am still shocked by what I see when I catch my reflection unexpectedly.
It's funny you should say that! No, I haven't! I'm still surprised every time I see my reflection and I was wondering how long it would take to really believe it's me. I have this sneaking suspicion that's pretty important -- to accept that is the person you are and to be comfortable with it. Otherwise, subconsciously, you probably give yourself permission to go back to where you were before. I guess it's a process...
Old 06-25-2012, 04:18 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I think the process never really stops.

Because, on top of the weight loss, we are still changing as we age and move on to new activities or life styles. For example, post menapause you stop putting weight on around the hips and it migrates to the tummy and back .

I suppose there comes a time when looking at oneselft in the mirror becomes an unhealthy obsession, but for now, like you, I can't quite believe what I see in the reflection
Old 06-26-2012, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks! I am pretty stoked, actually. I started this by saying "I want my old body back!" At 66, that will never happen, but it's really more about feeling healthy and good about myself, and getting into all the clothes I bought "for later". I think if I can go a couple of pounds below my goal (125) then I will have some wiggle room for a night out. When they put the bread on the table, the bread always wins. hahaha!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Debra, those last few pounds are exciting!
Chris, sounds like a step pyramid, drop some, maintain some, drop some, I bet that’s a good plan.
Sharon, a new decade! Awesome!
Intereseting thinking about mirrors, I find myself enjoying other parts of my appearance more, when I’m thinner, my smile is nicer, my hair looks neater, don’t know why!
151 – still maintaining – next week I won’t report, vacation, and it will be a higher number when I come back, but Pam tells me vacation pounds drop first.

Last edited by dear_abby; 06-27-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Talking 128.1!

Ha! back to the sub-130s.

Have a great vacation Abby. Yup, vacation pounds hardly count as long as you get right back on the program.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Bummed .....

I was doing really well and then my Grandmother passed away this past weekend. Can we say "emotional eating"? At the lunch the church provided it was sandwiches, potato salad, chips, cookies, cake ... ugh!

Oh well, I guess I have to start back on the "diet bandwagon" and get this under control. Hoping its a lot of water weight gained.

I need to stop looking at the scale daily, terrible habit I can't seem to break. Not going to check it again till this weekend.

Hope all of you are having a good week
Old 06-27-2012, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

YAY PAM - those crossing the tens are so fun! I saw 149 over the weekend, but it wasn't an official day, still, made me smile!

Originally Posted by LoserLaurie
I was doing really well and then my Grandmother passed away this past weekend. Can we say "emotional eating"? At the lunch the church provided it was sandwiches, potato salad, chips, cookies, cake ... ugh!

Oh well, I guess I have to start back on the "diet bandwagon" and get this under control. Hoping its a lot of water weight gained.

I need to stop looking at the scale daily, terrible habit I can't seem to break. Not going to check it again till this weekend.

Hope all of you are having a good week
Laurie, I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Grandmothers can be an amazing presence, and looks like your grand kids got to know a "great grandmother". There is an aspect in addition to emotional eating, which is good social eating. If the good people of the church worked to provied that lunch, and eating with your family was a way to be together, it was a good thing to do, the key is occassionally.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 AM
Banned

Hi Everybody!!

I'm baaack from Disney had a great time...I think I need a new set of legs/feet ....next week I'm heading to NYC....lots of traveling for us..

Laurie- sorry to hear about your loss.

Everybody you're doing sooooo good...I'm so proud of YOU ALL
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

laurie,
So sorry to see that you lost your grandmother. I like Abby's comment about social eating. There are times when sharing a meal is more important that the content of the meal. I am sure you will get back to your weight loss program when you are ready.

Welcome back becca! Those parks can be a great workout - as long as one stays away from all the food vendors . Have fun in NYC - lucky girl.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:19 PM
FitDay Member

Hi! I'd really like to join! I moved out to Korea last year, and was shocked to find I had gained about 10-15 pounds when I went home to visit over Christmas break. Since I didn't know a lot of the Korean food in the grocery store, I would buy a lot of pasta. And lunch is served buffet style at work. I have always been a consistent weight up until this year basically, and I really don't like it the sudden change. Let's kick these last few pounds to the curb!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.