Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello All,
Nice to see so many people checking in.

Abby, it seems to me that the only thing you can do is lead by example, and don't let his backslide affect your progress. My DH will do much the same thing with wanting to sooth the stress with a nice restaurant meal. It then becomes my problem not to fall into the trap of "well if he's going to have fries and a beer, I will too." Most of the time I succeed - but not always. When I don't I find myself angry at him for leading me astray - dang husband! I am not sure that I have any beneficial solutions other than making sure you know that this is his problems, not necessarily your's to solve.

Hope, I can't help but think that all of the stress trying to deal w/your DD isn't a huge trigger for your fibro. My understanding is that fibro does have a big emotional component. I know you are a smart woman and I am also sure that you probably know more about firbro that your Dr at this point. But if anyone could use a 3 week retreat away from the family it is you. I sure hope you can find such an opportunity.

Nottango, I like to keep a couple of fat clothes around too. Since I respond better to positive reinforcement than negative, I'll try them on from time to time just to remind myself how far I have come. How nice that they are feeling looser!

Etlosenow - Welcome, Nice progress, I see 115 on the horizon. I think losing the weight is sometimes the easy part - it is maintaining that can be challenging. Good job catching the weight gain before it got out of hand.

Chris, what a great vacation! This time of year is the perfect time to go to the SW. Fewer tourists and lovely weather. All that hiking should keep you nice a trim.

The scale fairies were very kind to me today. Down almost 3 lbs. I know that at least a pound is "real" when I look at my calories in vs calories out, the rest is just the usual water loss when one frist begins a restrictive diet. But hey, I'll keep it! I seem to be adapting to this low carb thing OK, but I had to slap my hand several times last week as I reached for a cracker or serving of rice. The rest of the week should be OK - not too many temptations, although we are planning a dinner out on Sunday and have a political fund raiser w/lots of food and drink on Monday.

Last edited by RunbikeSki; 03-07-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Mental disconnect
Old 03-07-2012, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you for your nice welcome everyone! Happy weigh day......well I guess for some.
My DH likes to munch at night on the weekends, he often grabs cheesies, icecream, or chips. And it is very very tempting. Said no thank you last weekend. Will I hold strong for this weekend? Sounds like some of you have the same problem with this kind of temptation.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by megan5555
Thank you for your nice welcome everyone! Happy weigh day......well I guess for some.
My DH likes to munch at night on the weekends, he often grabs cheesies, icecream, or chips. And it is very very tempting. Said no thank you last weekend. Will I hold strong for this weekend? Sounds like some of you have the same problem with this kind of temptation.
Hope the following quote does not offend anyone (I learned it from a minister, so it can't be that bad).

"Lead me not into temptation.... I can find it for myself".
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default I'm on a break but keep it up for me

Hello everyone,

It's nice to see everyone still holding strong and the scales moving! I apologize for dropping off. Unfortunately a friend of mine passed away very suddenly while snowboarding, he was the husband of a close friend and now she is a widow at 30. I had to fly back to the states (I am on an expat contract with my company in Amsterdam) and have been staying with her at her family's place in the wine country of California. Needless to say the diet has been the furthest thing from my mind. Her mother is quite a matha Stewart of a hostess and the meals have been incredible but not for me to decide, not that I care really now anyway. On top of that I have come down with a cold or something. I am back in holland Monday and just hope that my cold plus jet lag pass quickly so that I can get back on the ball again.

Keep it up, I'm still cheering all of you on although I'm not checking in often. Your successes will my inspiration to catch back up soon! In the meantime, we should all count our blessings...

Best,
Sara
Old 03-09-2012, 04:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Oh Sara,
I am so sorry! What a terrible thing for your friend. Please know that you and she has all of our sympathy. I cannot imagine what she is going through. Be well,
Old 03-09-2012, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Sara,

I am so sorry you lost a friend. I hope you can be supportive and recieve support as well. I absolutely understand that some people's response to grief will be to "go all Martha Stewart", and if that helps her survive, its appropriate.

Hugs,

Abby
Old 03-09-2012, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

So sorry to hear this Sara, an awful tragedy! Its nice that you could be there for the family and they are lucky to have a good friend like you by their side. You have my deepest sympathy and I can only imagine the loss you're going through, thinking of you.

Megan
Old 03-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Banned

Hi Everybody!
can I join...i have more than 15lbs to shed tho
Old 03-12-2012, 04:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome becca!
We'll do a weigh in on Wed - totally optional of course. So what is your plan to get rid of those pesky 15lbs?
Old 03-12-2012, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! I faded away for a few days, but am back. Sara, sorry to hear about your friend's husband.
Welcome Becca!
I found myself at a pizza place surrounded by fattening appetizers, pizza and ber on Snday. I wish I could say, I resisted, but no - ate like a champ (actually thought about Abby's quote - and it didn't stop me!)
Sigh - forgot to calculate PMS into this whole plan for losing the pounds! The good news about it is that I am getting this TOTM ver with before my vacation, which starts in 11 DAYS.
I am not going to make my goal of 135 before vacaqtion, but I will still be significantly slimmer than the last time I was there 2 yrs ago!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.