Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Weekly weigh in 130# no change
Old 03-07-2012, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Megan – I think we can find room in our hearts for someone a little outside our metric – all we ask is that you join and both give and take encoruagement!

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Weekly weigh in 130# no change
And like you Kimbur, I report in no change - 155 - however - I'm hoping there was a little artificial jump in that, without being too graphic, I had to get off the treadmill to go to the bathroom, which was after I weighed in.

Never mind, it's the number and if it's artificially high (as I hope), that minimal difference will give me a lower next week - I'm in this for the long haul not the gold star of this minute.

A little frustrated at my inabiltiy to support DH, his weight is slipping up , after a diligent process of getting it down. We’re cooking nice healthy low calorie dinners, and he’s carrying good lunches – breakfast is cottage cheese – it all sounds good, but too often (as in last night) – it’s “I had an incredibly stressful day, and I’d really like to go out” And I say “yes” because I want to support him, and then he has fries and a beer, and it’s no wonder those hard lost pounds are re-appearing. He knows all this, and well knows the health consequences (both as a biologist, and as one who has experienced the benefits of losing a lot of weight). It’s so hard to look long term.

Well enough about me, I know my stresses are minor compared to many on this board!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hey all! I want to send a big hug to all you guys, parents and non parents alike. I guess every life has its stresses. Those on the motivational thread have read about mine: a lot of loss early in life, health issues, a troubled teenage daugther who I am trying so hard to help.

Mothers sometimes have to remember to take care of themselves, make time for themselves. I guess everybody has to remember that!!!

Life can be very hard. But today feels like a new start. A new chance to be positive, to give it my best. I have been sick again lately, not able to drive sometimes or even sit up so much. But I am blessed with a loving supportive husband, good friends and some very kind people on this website. Health willing, I may try to take a little walk, maybe do a tiny bit at the gym. One small step at a time.

Oh and I lost a pound so 137, 5'5'' and 137. 12 more to go. One small step at a time.

So I am putting out a positive affirmative: I am healthy, I am successful, my family is safe and happy. May all beings be peaceful, healthy and happy.

Last edited by canary52; 03-07-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weigh-in Wednesday

Good morning everyone. Welcome Megan!
140# this morning. I didn't lose, but am wearing the same pants I wore 2 weeks ago when I began (Ash Wed) and they are definitely looser. They're the one "fat pants" that I did not get rid of when I lost the weight originally. "they" say you're not supposed to keep the fat clothes, but I like putting on clothes from time to time that hang on me - it reminds me of how far I've come. They used to be tight on me (before June 2010).
I started to jog this morning, but wasn't feeling it because it was REALLY windy.
I am expecting to see a drop by next week for sure.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nottango
Good morning everyone. Welcome Megan!
140# this morning. I didn't lose, but am wearing the same pants I wore 2 weeks ago when I began (Ash Wed) and they are definitely looser. They're the one "fat pants" that I did not get rid of when I lost the weight originally. "they" say you're not supposed to keep the fat clothes, but I like putting on clothes from time to time that hang on me - it reminds me of how far I've come. They used to be tight on me (before June 2010).
I started to jog this morning, but wasn't feeling it because it was REALLY windy.
I am expecting to see a drop by next week for sure.
Have a great day everyone!
I like the idea of keeping the "fat clothes" to show how far you have come (as opposed to keeping them for "insurance.") Fitness and toning are so important. You have come so far already!!! I have a good feeling that you will see the results you want!!

My goal: lose another pound be next week and try to do some form of movement, no matter how small, and to "get back on the good foot." (to quote James Brown)

Last edited by canary52; 03-07-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Welcome Megan – I think we can find room in our hearts for someone a little outside our metric – all we ask is that you join and both give and take encoruagement!

And like you Kimbur, I report in no change - 155 - however - I'm hoping there was a little artificial jump in that, without being too graphic, I had to get off the treadmill to go to the bathroom, which was after I weighed in.

Never mind, it's the number and if it's artificially high (as I hope), that minimal difference will give me a lower next week - I'm in this for the long haul not the gold star of this minute.

A little frustrated at my inabiltiy to support DH, his weight is slipping up , after a diligent process of getting it down. We’re cooking nice healthy low calorie dinners, and he’s carrying good lunches – breakfast is cottage cheese – it all sounds good, but too often (as in last night) – it’s “I had an incredibly stressful day, and I’d really like to go out” And I say “yes” because I want to support him, and then he has fries and a beer, and it’s no wonder those hard lost pounds are re-appearing. He knows all this, and well knows the health consequences (both as a biologist, and as one who has experienced the benefits of losing a lot of weight). It’s so hard to look long term.

Well enough about me, I know my stresses are minor compared to many on this board!
Abby, your stress is totally understandable. It's hard to try to help someone we love and to watch them make bad choices. My DD eats terribly, is overweight and feels generally kind of crappy. I try to help her but she's nearly 18; I'm not always with her and even when I am, she has to learn how to do what is good for her, not just what feels good at the moment (don't we all, it feels.) But getting back to your DH, I think the awareness is there and hopefully the actions will follow. And for my DD too, I hope!!!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

I'm jumping in here, too, if you don't mind. I have about 12 pounds to go...having gained back some of the weight I lost last year when I was just two pounds from my weight goal. GRRR!!! Still, I'm better than where I originally started and can hopefully reach my goal this time.

Quick bio: 42 years, married, two teenagers son (17) daughter (15). Great kids, great hubby. SAHM. 5'2". Vegetarian who sometimes likes her pasta too much. Generally try to eat healthy but bread and cheese are also my downfall.

I usually try to weigh in on Mondays because it encourages me to "be good" over the weekend but I can also try to weigh in on Wednesdays.
Sorry my signature is long but I like to keep track and remind myself of what I've done and believe that I can do it again.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Weigh in today... 154, down 1. whew! Its like a long bikeride.... keep my head down, slow and steady pace, sweating when I go uphill, and eat when I'm coasting downhill!

Husband and I have talked for YEARS about going to SW US and touring a bunch of the National Parks. Will soon be a reality, as we are Pulling the kids out of school, combining with spring break, and heading out there april 8th. Lots of hiking, plus going kayaking, biking, white water rafting. And hiking and hiking. Oh, and hiking! Its been one of my motivators, to keep exercising. I knew I would not reach my weight goal by this trip, and that is OK. I am excited that I won't be the reason the kids miss out of doing or seeing anything in that beautiful part of the country. I am ready to explore, maybe even be our little line leader! LOL

Thanks everyone, for continued support and motivation.

Chris
Old 03-07-2012, 04:55 AM
FitDay Member

Ooooh - Chris - your trip sounds like so much fun! I am tenatively planning a trip for next summer (2013) because I'd love for the kids to see that part of the country. I LOVE hiking.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

nottango... there are a lot of great forums and sites on the web to help you plan... I've got lots of that info at home, they offer lots of feedback, recommendations of places to see, stay and eat. (im not home at the moment) I can send it your way if you are interested, just let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.