Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning. My favorite time of day - enjoying coffee before the kids wake up.
I was just putting in the data for yesterday - ALL of it. I let myself get too hungry, and then ate too much. I'm not recording what the scale said this morning, but am still hoping to be under 140# by Wednesday. I tell myself that it's good to go over calories some days to "keep the body guessing". I know in the past I've starved myself to lose weight, and it does not work. Slow and steady, right?
Old 03-05-2012, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Unlike Pam, I did not get through the weekend OK, there was even fried chicken involved – definitely got into what my mother calls “sheep as a lamb” (ie: You might as well get hung for stealing a sheep as for only taking a lamb) – once I started eating badly, it snowballed! But, as as a wise woman stated “today is a shiny new week” . Canary – you and I must be on the same wavelength for this!

I had an amazing run yesterday, but I must get a watch – I had limited time, and thought I had used it up, turned out I could easily have gone 10 minutes longer, and I did have the energy for it.
Kim, celebrating with friends for a long time is why I’m doing this, and I don’t intend to give it up, just to be healthy enough that I can enjoy it!

Nottango – slow and steady is the only way we’re going to make it!

Today will be good behavior all day!
Old 03-05-2012, 06:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Well I had been way overdue for a cheat day on the diet and today was it. Went to dinner with some friends to and Italian restaurant and man did i cheat I actually feel a little uncomfortable now. I don't think my body knows what to do with so much fat intake at once. But i had been eating super clean for at least two probably three weeks so it was well deserved. Now it's back to eating clean for another couple of weeks.
If you are going to indulge in an "off diet" meal it might as well be a great meal. Well planned and well deserved.

Originally Posted by canary52
I went off these past few days, I'm not gonna lie, but hope to come back on board. As Pam says, new week, new start!! And Pam you did GREAT. And Kimbur you deserved a cheat. I hear you about the fat intake though. I have noticed that in recent years my body has a hard time processing lots of fat, must be telling me something... Hmmmmmm...
The first week is always the easiest - the resolve is still strong. We'll see how the next 3 weeks go. I have found that I am much more successful when I set short term, but intense goals. Setting a general goal like "I want to be 125# by July" doesn't really work for me, I'll just put off the hard work until tomorrow. Setting the goal of taking the month of March to temporarily clamp down on the diet, sacrifice a few of my favorite foods, and maintain discipline works for me. Mostly because my eating habits are pretty good to begin with (thanks to several years of train via FitDay and all my cyber-buddies)

Originally Posted by nottango
Good morning. My favorite time of day - enjoying coffee before the kids wake up.
I was just putting in the data for yesterday - ALL of it. I let myself get too hungry, and then ate too much. I'm not recording what the scale said this morning, but am still hoping to be under 140# by Wednesday. I tell myself that it's good to go over calories some days to "keep the body guessing". I know in the past I've starved myself to lose weight, and it does not work. Slow and steady, right?
Yeah, that getting too hungry is real trouble maker. I really struggle trying to balance a little hungry and a small snack will do, against too hungry I want to empty the pantry into my mouth. Keep your eyes on the prize! 140#

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Unlike Pam, I did not get through the weekend OK, there was even fried chicken involved – definitely got into what my mother calls “sheep as a lamb” (ie: You might as well get hung for stealing a sheep as for only taking a lamb) – once I started eating badly, it snowballed! But, as as a wise woman stated “today is a shiny new week” . Canary – you and I must be on the same wavelength for this!

I had an amazing run yesterday, but I must get a watch – I had limited time, and thought I had used it up, turned out I could easily have gone 10 minutes longer, and I did have the energy for it.
Kim, celebrating with friends for a long time is why I’m doing this, and I don’t intend to give it up, just to be healthy enough that I can enjoy it!

Nottango – slow and steady is the only way we’re going to make it!

Today will be good behavior all day!
I saw your run on the exercise thread - very nice. Ummm, how do you function without a watch? I have often wondered how that works???

I haven't heard or seen the "sheep as a lamb" quote in a longtime - how appropriate. Once I start with a bad decision, I just kind of give up trying to maintain my resolve.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, I think you are right about the goals. I think I must have had "125 by my birthday" as a goal for the past ten years!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I must admit that I am particularly fortunate in having a lot more control over my life than many people do. It does give me the freedom shift priorities around and focus on a special project from time to time, without having to ask permission or impact anyone else (for the most part).

We never had children, my marriage is stable, work is complicated and stressful at times, and being a scientist I never really leave it at work, but I can pretty much call my own shots regarding hours and daily tasks.

I am in awe of the women here that manage to maintain a household of kids, a partner (or not), dogs and other misc pets, various daily crises not of their own making, more often than not work, and still manage to lose weight.

My hat is off to you all!
Old 03-06-2012, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

Well put Pam, while I've almost never heard a parent regret having children, the freedom of my life without them is a great gift. I can't imagine how people cope with that much more responsiblity!

Abby
Old 03-06-2012, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys! I found myself a single mom of 2 - something I never thought would happen to ME. The stress is overwhelming at times - I don't make enough $, I worry constantly about the kids, and can't keep up with the cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc...
I look at my morning jog as my time to focus on ME - and as my health ASSURANCE because I can't afford health INSURANCE since my salary is $20,000 LESS than what I made before my last job was eliminated.
I work at a nursing home, where it is blatantly obvious that people who don't take care of themselves when they're my age end up sick and miserable in a few short years!
Old 03-06-2012, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Abby, I can tell you EXACTLY how we cope... the laundry piles HIGH, the dust bunnies GROW, and the dirty dishes stay in the sink WAAAAY longer than I want them to! LOL

I've got two boys 10 and 8, who play a variety of sports all year long. We never stop moving. I admit there are days where I get a bit jealous of my kid-less friends who are able to manage workout schedules, classes and food menus WAY better than I can. BUT, you are right... I wouldnt trade my life with anyone elses. I love the little world. My family means everything to me. The boys are a big motivator to me, to keep on keeping on with my journey to better health.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default Who's got just 10-15 pounds?

Well more like 20 to lose, but I want to be 125 or maybe even 120....that might be a stretch. Would like to join you all! Have been trying to lose this weight since I had my son, 5 years ago....... I used to always be under 125 yikes and now I'm 145!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by megan5555
Well more like 20 to lose, but I want to be 125 or maybe even 120....that might be a stretch. Would like to join you all! Have been trying to lose this weight since I had my son, 5 years ago....... I used to always be under 125 yikes and now I'm 145!

Welcome aboard Megan,
5,15, 20 who's keeping track? Oh yeah, we all are . We'll do a weigh in tomorrow. It is definitely not manditory, but some of us like to do the weekly posting to keep on track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.