Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, have been away for about 3 weeks now, and I've been reading the updates. Everyone seems to be doing so well!

Pam: Downtime sounds great about now, enjoy!
Becca: See you in 2 weeks, have fun!
Chris: Wow, only 5 to go, great!
Debra: Well done!
Abby: I know what you mean about those cheese trays.
Welcome Beth & Hadena

Okay so I've gained 3 pounds since June, too many ice cream cones.....so hard to resist. One here and there adds up....eeek! Have been pretty active , but I guess not active enough. I'm starting to exercise while I'm walking the dogs in the park every morning, for example, leg lifts, push ups, lunges, etc. I hope this helps my strengh and flexibility. Back to normal eating now, for example eating turkey instead of hot dogs.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'd like to join this support group!

Hey everyone! I have about 15 lbs I'd like to lose too. Not really a timeline on it, just want to make steady progress. I'm 5'2" & my current weight is about 145. I'd love to be down to 130. But my ultimate goal weight is in the 120's...My plan is to eat as clean as possible, w/ a lot of fruits & veggies & lean meats. I'll try my best to avoid breads & desserts, even though they're my favorite I plan on working out 3+ times a week, mainly cardio. I like swimming & the elliptical. But I also would like to tone up my abs & arms. My legs are naturally muscular so that's not my target zone. Unfortunately, my weight likes to gather around my middle. So I really want to work on getting a flat belly. Anyone have a favorite work out or food recipe that has helped them to get closer to their goal? Thanks!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Cupcake, I was around the 145 mark too, a couple of years ago, so I know where you're coming from!
For lunches, I always try to have 2 or 3 from a carrot, chunk of cucumber or 4-6 cherry or plum tomatoes. It keeps it low calorie, but bulks out the plate (and your stomach) a lot, so you feel more satisfied after eating, even if you're not eating a lot else other than a sandwich and a couple of other bits. The 130 goal will come quicker than you think, you keep at it!
Old 08-15-2012, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Chris, that time you cross into normal BMI feels great –

Beth, small goals are the way to go, you get to celebrate making them, and that motivates the next.

Hadena, we’ll welcome you! I know about the trap of the holidays, and one reason after another…

Megan, great to have you back, consider turkey hotdogs, they taste just as good (and put in a wrap with all the fixins…yum!)

Slo Cupcake, welcome – a flat belly is made in the kitchen, not the gym, you tone there, but losing the fat comes from buring the calories. Your plan sounds good for that.

My check in number is resembling the San Diego weather report – 151 and holding…. Fine by me!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone and welcome cupcake. Nice to see everyone is hanging tough and doing well...

My body LOVES being 145... so here we are again! LOL Had a huge wedding this past weekend, never saw such an incredible spread of food and open bar cocktails... ever. Thank you and congrats to Andrea and Tim, hope they are having fun in Lake Tahoe on their honeymoon. Have to admit I enjoyed myself immensely at their wedding!! And the next morning, jumped back on the train - last stop? BMI goal!!!! So worked off all that I gained on Saturday, of which I am thrilled.

Enjoy yourselves this week ladies. I surely will. Hubby and I taking the kids to NJ for a few days, waterparks, beaches and Six Flags. Looking forward to a couple days R&R.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Everyone!
And welcome to the freshmen . Glad you jumped in.

Morning weight: 131 - up a few pounds, but nothing drastic. I haven't been getting much aerobic exercise lately. I am trying to get more mountain biking in to replace my usual runs, but can't quite get on a schedule. Among other things it has been waaay to hot. Usually we cool down in the evenings and by morning you have a couple of hours of pleasant temps before it starts heating up. But the last 2 weeks the mornings have been just too warm to feel like doing anything outdoors for more that 1/2 and hour. . I have, however, been pretty good at getting to CrossFit. But I really need an hour or 2 of continuous aerobic activity to keep the weight off.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on reaching your goal, Chris, I know events like that can be so tempting when you're faced with all that food! Glad you enjoyed yourself though.

Pam - If you're finding it too hot, have you tried really early morning runs? It's been quite hot here too, but I tried an early run today and it was so much better than late afternoon runs.

My own little boast for the day: Went to a party today and managed not to eat everything on the table! Just had 1 burger (it was a BBQ), a little lolipop, and a slice of birthday cake. Still in my planned calorie intake for the day - hoorah! The thought of having to log it all really kept me in control.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi All. Thought I better check in since it's been a while. I was in California for work for a week followed by a visit to my parents and then my sister. All three have been recipes for disaster (diet-wise) in the past and I'm very happy to report I DIDN'T GAIN WEIGHT!! I am really proud of myself. I think I'm so scared of gaining that anything extra made it seem like I was pigging out. We had sandwiches and chips brought in for lunch at work, and I actually indulged. I even had ice cream (it was HOT). So it was a good lesson that I can still have some of my favorite things in moderation and maintain.

And I agree, Hadena, the fact that I was going to log the food really kept me on track.

Welcome to new people and congrats to all the regulars. It sounds like everyone has had a successful summer so far!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Hadena
Pam - If you're finding it too hot, have you tried really early morning runs? It's been quite hot here too, but I tried an early run today and it was so much better than late afternoon runs.

My own little boast for the day: Went to a party today and managed not to eat everything on the table! Just had 1 burger (it was a BBQ), a little lolipop, and a slice of birthday cake. Still in my planned calorie intake for the day - hoorah! The thought of having to log it all really kept me in control.
Hi Hadena, I am usually a morning exerciser - even on hot days, in my neck of the woods, the mornings are pretty cool. It has just been unusually hot even in the mornings these past 2 weeks. Blech!

EXCELLENT job with the party! You got this thing under control, gurl!

Originally Posted by djslatt
Hi All. Thought I better check in since it's been a while. I was in California for work for a week followed by a visit to my parents and then my sister. All three have been recipes for disaster (diet-wise) in the past and I'm very happy to report I DIDN'T GAIN WEIGHT!! I am really proud of myself. I think I'm so scared of gaining that anything extra made it seem like I was pigging out. We had sandwiches and chips brought in for lunch at work, and I actually indulged. I even had ice cream (it was HOT). So it was a good lesson that I can still have some of my favorite things in moderation and maintain.
And speaking of control! Look at you! Work travel, family visits, and "forbidden" food, and not a pound. I'd say the gurl deserves an extra pedicure (or whatever pampering treat suits your fancy)
Old 08-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Banned

Great Job everybody!

Chris- I love nj too....have a great time!

Cupcake- welcome, you will reach 130 before you know it

Pam- glad you're hanging in there, few lbs are okay....hope you figure out something to keep up with your exercising

Djslatt- great job on the no gain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.