Community
Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 06-12-2012, 05:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by LoserLaurie
Hello,

I'm Laurie and I need to lose ten pounds to get back on track. It doesn't seem like a lot but my clothes don't fit and I HATE it! I was so pleased to be able to wear EVERYTHING in my closet, but now I am back to picking and choosing and trying to find something that fits right. I have a whole section of dress pants that I cannot get into.

I started a new job recently and have found that I am the slimmest person in the office, so that makes me think I can gain and it doesn't matter, but IT DOES matter and I need to stop it.

I have been fighting with the same 6 - 7 pounds for weeks now and it has to stop.

I had been going to a weight support group, but after 10 years of going it was always the same people gaining and lossing over and over and no one actually getting even close to goal. I got fed up and quit going.

I need the support but don't really want to go back to the group. I'm mad because I have kept it off for four years now and for some reason, now I'm struggling.

Anyway, that's my story .....
Hi Laurie,
Welcome! Glad you are here. Yup.. that old stubborn 5 to 10 lbs, like you said it doesn't seem like much, but it really can change the way we feel about ourselves.

Have you tried settting a couple of goals like no sweets, no fast food, or no snacking after dinner? I suspect you eat fairly well, so it is mostly a matter of tweeking.

Oh and good luck with the new job! What do you do for a living?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Pam

I work for a construction company as an Administrative Assistant. What do you do?

I am finding that keeping a calorie chart for the day is the best way to keep the calories down. I just have to do it!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for posting. I'm very close to my goal (2.2 pounds to be precise) and I'm finding it's so easy to get off track and go back to picking. My problem is when I 'wing it'. I, like you, have to write down my food (I do it in FitDay) and I think I'm going to have to continue to weigh it for a while...I'm fortunate that I don't eat junk food, but at my height, I can't get away with adding bites, pinches, extra helpings, etc. This past weekend was a perfect example. I wanted some dessert so I thawed a bread/cake I make at Christmas. Of course I couldn't find the recipe to figure out how many calories are in a piece, so I ended up eating 3!!! Yikes! How quickly I can revert to old habits!

I really appreciate all the honest posting and helpful suggestions. Together we can all do this!!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by LoserLaurie
Hi Pam

I work for a construction company as an Administrative Assistant. What do you do?

I am finding that keeping a calorie chart for the day is the best way to keep the calories down. I just have to do it!
That sounds like a lot of responsibility.

I do research for the Forest Service. Mostly I study air pollution effects on plant and lichens. I love my job, but it can get a little complicated and stressful with mulitple projects at various stages of completion.

I reached my main weight goal about 2 years ago. Lost 30 pounds in 3 months and another 5 over the summer. I have been working off these last 10 in spurts. A month or two of 1200 cals or so and then maintence level for a few months. I can tell you that continuing to log my foods is the only way I have been able to maintain. I will go through periods of not logging for a while, but after a couple of months I'll notice the scale creeping up, so it's back to traking. It just keeps me honest, accountable and in control. And that's the way I like it

Originally Posted by djslatt
Hi Laurie,

Thanks for posting. I'm very close to my goal (2.2 pounds to be precise) and I'm finding it's so easy to get off track and go back to picking. My problem is when I 'wing it'. I, like you, have to write down my food (I do it in FitDay) and I think I'm going to have to continue to weigh it for a while...I'm fortunate that I don't eat junk food, but at my height, I can't get away with adding bites, pinches, extra helpings, etc. This past weekend was a perfect example. I wanted some dessert so I thawed a bread/cake I make at Christmas. Of course I couldn't find the recipe to figure out how many calories are in a piece, so I ended up eating 3!!! Yikes! How quickly I can revert to old habits!

I really appreciate all the honest posting and helpful suggestions. Together we can all do this!!

Hey djslatt,
Hahahaha, yup been there done that and probably will do it again in the future .

OK girl, the goal the in sight! Keep your eyes on the prize. At this point you might even think about lowering your weight goal, so that you are shooting for 5 more lbs. That way you are less inclined to say "hey I'm almost there so sure, I can have an extra helping of mashed potatoes". And when you cross the 2.2lb mark you then say "just kidding!" Goal!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks :)

Thanks for the responses. It's so hard to get used to life not being like it was, eating whatever I wanted. Age sure makes a difference

I had my two granddaughters here this evening and after they left (after dinner, ice cream cones, baths, nutty bars and popsicles in hand) I sent them on their way and realize I just don't have the energy I used to!

I love them dearly, but I am also glad to see them wave as they go down the street

Thanks for the encouragement
Old 06-12-2012, 02:31 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
At this point you might even think about lowering your weight goal, so that you are shooting for 5 more lbs. That way you are less inclined to say "hey I'm almost there so sure, I can have an extra helping of mashed potatoes". And when you cross the 2.2lb mark you then say "just kidding!" Goal!
That's a great idea! Anything to trick to ole brain! Thanks, Pam!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Chris, look at those ppounds go!
Originally Posted by djslatt
I also know maintenance is the hardest!! But not this time! Because we have the support of all you great women! So my weigh-in today was 127.8 . I may not make my goal by the end of the month, but it's getting closer!
Thanks all,
Never get to attached to a point, get attached to the path! These great women keep me going!
3661 – Not sure what to say? Let’s start with your name, and how we can encourage you!
Becca, Corona melting before our eyes!
Welcome Loser Laurie! Your body is a differet place every day, every year, every month – at 48 my hormones got almost as strange as at 13 – so it shouldn’t be too surprising that tricks which worked before need changing.
Hope holds, she holds, and we hold her with hope that the stress leaves, but the weight loss due to it does not!
Today’s number 152 – not down, not significantly up, I can work with it. We went out last night to celebrate a major accomplishment of DH at work, and I behaved, drank my wine, but really enjoyed the salmon salad more than I would have the pasta!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Banned

Djslatt- way to go girl.... long as you're going foward and not backwards is the most important thing.
Laurie- you've had a recent change in your life...so maybe that's why the
change in the wt....once you get settle with the change...that wt will
start to fall off again...just stick with what you know works for you...it will happen
Old 06-13-2012, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Laurie and good luck!
Debra, you are soooooooo close to goal. Must feel so good to be just within reach! Nice!
Corona and Becca great to see u guys doing nicely, too!
Abby, salmon salad is a fantastic out to eat dinner choice. I find sometimes when I've gone out to eat during this journey, and I get a salad while others have their ooey gooey cheesy stuff, I can't help but feel like I am missing out. BUT THEN I get in my car and give myself a good ol fist pump Jersey style when I count up what I've eaten and I realize how great eating that salad really was! So Abby nice job!
And Hope, hang in there. Stress certainly can do a number on our bodies, I hope that you find yourself in a good situation soon.

As for me, I am down -1 this week. 5.5 more to go. I really was diligent with my calorie counting and I upped my water intake. The truth is, as I get closer to the end, I am really getting nervous about transitioning to maintenance. It feels so good to run into people that haven't seen me in awhile, and see that genuine surprised look on their face when they see how far I've come. And I'm turning this into pressure. What if I gain it back? Plus more? Everyone will know, I'll be so upset! But I've got to shake that feeling and move forward. I will do this. I may need to record my food and spend the rest of my days trolling forums like these. If that's what it takes, so be it. So I guess u guys are stuck with me for awhile! Bahahahaha!

Have a great week, ladies. Stay positive. Here's the positive mojo for your journeys: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++
Old 06-13-2012, 03:26 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Wed weigh in

Still back at 131.
Some of it is still inflammation from the race on Sunday. But I need to buckle down for a couple of weeks to get back to the sub-130's

Still... all in all can't be too unhappy about the low 130s
DH is now calling me a "freak of nature" as in no 54 year old should be able to run trail races at the speed I do and pound the weights that I can. He's a keeper!

Last edited by RunbikeSki; 06-13-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: additional stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.