Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 05-23-2012, 05:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Yippee!

Hi everyone. I'm so excited! Today's weigh-in FINALLY put me in the 20s! 129.8. I know -- just barely, but I feel I haven't seen it for so long....and it makes my goal of 125 really seem feasible!

Great job of maintaining, Abby. I really fear that when I reach my goal...

And Chris, I'm envious of your going to the game at Fenway. That's a park I'd love to go to -- but it's kind of far from Oregon! (Garlic fries used to be tough for me to resist at Giants' games in SF.) Do you really have to sneak in your veggies? If so, wow...guess they make tons of $$ on concessions.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

you can only bring in a bottle of water per person at Fenway. Apparently they make a ton of cash on concessions! And they do, at 10 bucks a beer! So yep, I am bringing in some snacks for mama, all wrapped up in my kids' sweatshirts! LOL A small ballpark with BIG concession stand prices! (Plus, do I really need those cheesy fries? HELL NO!) Gonna be a beautiful day.

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone
Old 05-24-2012, 11:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Wed weigh-in (OK a day late)

Originally Posted by jonjaxmom
weigh in this morning: -1/2 a pound. 147.5 7.5 to go.
Love those June birthdays, right around Father's Day, too...

Going to Fenway Park with the family on Saturday. Boston Beer Works for lunch first. Last time I was there, I was about 20 pounds heavier, and thoroughly enjoyed their fries, and fried pickles, followed by a Fenway Frank and ice cream in a Red Sox helmet at the park.
see a trend here? My favorite baseball memories are of FOOD! LOL

This time, I already checked out restaurant menu, and have picked out a healthy good lunch, and 1 tasty Victory Red beer. Will be smuggling in some veggies to munch on during gametime! What a different one year makes!

have a great week everyone, can't wait to hear how you all did!
Have fun Chris! The Sox are on a real teeter-totter this year. They are driving my Boston-born DH crazy! (Which in turn is drive his not Boston-born DW a little crazy). Funny, I guess because I didn't start going to ball games until I was well into my 30's (the Senators left DC long before I remember) food was never a big highlight of the game. A beer or 2, sure but at those prices---sheesh 2 beer will bust the bank

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Today’s right at 150 – maintaining as I wish … had some bad luck which resulted in bad behavior – some comfort eating, but really, I can make my own luck – exerciese and eating right are their own reward (although chocolate and beer are good too!)
Debra – Welcome!
Tammy – Welcome – we can help each other
Chris, your birthday is five days before mine, so rock on!
Sorry about the bad luck Abby. I hope all is well now. And hey there isn't anything wrong with a little chocolate and beer now and again. I just keep forgetting about the "now and again" part.

Originally Posted by djslatt
Hi everyone. I'm so excited! Today's weigh-in FINALLY put me in the 20s! 129.8. I know -- just barely, but I feel I haven't seen it for so long....and it makes my goal of 125 really seem feasible!
Whooo Hooo! AWESOME. Yup, 125 is in the sights now. Keep up the great work, woman

you can only bring in a bottle of water per person at Fenway. Apparently they make a ton of cash on concessions! And they do, at 10 bucks a beer! So yep, I am bringing in some snacks for mama, all wrapped up in my kids' sweatshirts! LOL A small ballpark with BIG concession stand prices! (Plus, do I really need those cheesy fries? HELL NO!) Gonna be a beautiful day.

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone
Hey, how do you think they pay for those multi-million dollar salaries . We saw the Sox play the Mariners last summer and I gotta say the concession offerings were pretty amazon at the Seattle park. Not just your usual dogs, nachos, and peanuts. Sushi, ravioli, stir fry. It was a good thing we had had a lovely dinner before we went. I might still be there trying to decide what to have.

So I am back up to 130 this morning. Probably had something to do with beer consumption (see comment above). But I'm not too worried, the next few weeks will be full of fun activities and maybe a little less work-based stress.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default runawayspoon

Greetings! I've been using fitday to track my weight loss (again) since Christmas....but haven't used the forum. I lost about 6 lbs and then nothing, even though I felt starving all the time and counted calories endlessly. I want to tell y'all that I discovered an incredible weight loss and healthy diet called The Ultra Simple Diet by Mark Hyman. You start with a week of detox, letting go of everything that you might have allergies to, and then start adding them back one at a time. Or you can just continue with the detox diet while you are losing weight. All whole foods, no sugar, white flour, eggs, dairy, cheese, coffee or alcohol. Lots of protein and vegetables and rice, and at first, protein shakes and vegetable broth. You add vit. C and green tea and probiotics...I feel like a kid again and I am 66, and I lost 6 lbs the first week and am losing about 2 a week now and keeping it off. and I am not hungry. I wanted to share this with you, if you'd like to give it a try, let me know how it goes! I really like the 5-15 lb club...it's helped me a lot in the past. Grandma Sharon from Santa Cruz ps I posted this on the other 5-15 lb page but no one is using it I guess....
Old 05-25-2012, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, maybe when I reach goal I will go on a baseball stadium park tour, and write a book about the pastime's best foods and where to get them. I heard that Seattle had sushi and it was great. hmmm... I might be on to something....

Here's looking for my team to crawl out of the basement... Have a great weekend, and don't forget why we celebrate Memorial Day!!! :-)
Old 05-25-2012, 07:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Pam, maybe when I reach goal I will go on a baseball stadium park tour, and write a book about the pastime's best foods and where to get them. I heard that Seattle had sushi and it was great. hmmm... I might be on to something....
What a great idea, Chris! I'd buy it. And what a great Christmas gift for the baseball/food lover!
Old 05-27-2012, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Okay, I finally have a minute to report....that I'm still 139.2 , only a .6 loss. Had a nice long weekend...but ate chips at one point and a beer. Yes nothing like a cold beer in this warm weather, right?

Hi Debra: you're over the hump like me, yeah!
Chris: I love cheesy fries too. Do you like our Toronto Blue Jays?
Becca: Have fun with your family the next 2 weeks!
Abby: Hope everything is okay.....hearing that you are in need of comfort.
Pam: Good to hear that work will be less stressful in the next while.
Runawayspoon: I will look into this Ultra Slim diet of yours, thanks.

Talk to you on Wed.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Megan, I have a lot of family in Toronto suburbs, from hamilton to scarborough, so i always see the bluejays when we go up there. A local CT ballplayer plays for them too rajai Davis. My cousins there prefer hockey, so they laugh at me when I tell them I'm off to the sky dome! You live in a wonderful part of the world!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

So I wrote this huge post, then accidentally hit the "back" button and deleted it! >: ( Oh well. In short:
Last Summer June 1 (161) - August (139 was my lowest, but I steadied at 143)
School year 143-145
Stupid Finals Binging - 150 on May 8!
Today 145.8
Goal 135, and able to do lots of pushups like a boss, have a perky butt (squats and lunges XD) and a six pack (ish)
Ultimate Goal 130

So close, but so far!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

These last ten are the toughest for me... But I refuse to give up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.