Notices

Who's got just 10-15 Pounds?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in for Wednesday being the official weigh in day. 155 today.

I'm with you team about needing the scale validation - I know I didn't burn 7200 more calories than I ate to account for the 2 pound loss, but I let myself celebrate the decrease, and I fret over the same increase.

Pretty good behavior yesterday, although I had two pumpkin oatmeal raisin cookies after dinner, still within calorie budget.

Abby
Old 02-29-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sjpisjabba
i got on the scale this morning and was the exact same weight i was almost a week ago, despite several trips to the gym and being pretty careful about food. i feel like i'm going to need a miracle to get the numbers to start moving...
Miracles do happen

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...g-plateau.html
Old 02-29-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Good morning all.
For the gazilliunth time I was reminded that the smaller I get, the lower my tolerance for alcohol is ... when will I learn . I don't get roaring headaches anymore, just the spaciest, barely able to focus feeling I have ever experienced.

Some website reminded me that in the race to get calories (glucose, frutose etc) into the blood stream, alcohol is digested first followed by simple carbs, yet another reason for me to limit the beer and wine consumption - talk about empty calories. In any event, beer and wine will certainly be off the table (literally) starting today.

I am so happy to see the 10 to 15 pound team is growing! I will be shooting for 1000 - 1200 cals with a big chunk of it as protein. I think that the first week's presciption calls for no grains at all and very little fruit. Thank heavens for FitDay - I just couldn't do this if I had to record everything by hand.

My Official weigh in is this afternoon, I'll post then.

Choose the foods well, today!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

only 10 or 15 pounds for only YEARS it seems. I'm in. 5'5" 138. Wanna be 125. Wednesdays work for me.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Hope - we've been here before, huh! Welcome to the club! I know you have extra challenges. I have to say, I felt quite guilty after realizing that I'd been telling you to work harder when you couldn't and didn't know why. I'm really sorry.
I have a feeling every spring we'll be restarting this thread to get rid of the winter weight!
Wouldn't it be nice if we all met our goals and then we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

I'd like to join this as well! i'm 43 with 2 active boys, and I've been using fit day on and off for several years, but have been serious since December. Most recent
"life change" began end of dec, and I've got about 15 lbs to go, and always looking for support. I've always read these posts, but now am trying to participate more. lOVE this site.

I count calories, eat as cleanly as possible, and exercise about 3x a week.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Good morning all.
For the gazilliunth time I was reminded that the smaller I get, the lower my tolerance for alcohol is ... when will I learn . I don't get roaring headaches anymore, just the spaciest, barely able to focus feeling I have ever experienced.

Some website reminded me that in the race to get calories (glucose, frutose etc) into the blood stream, alcohol is digested first followed by simple carbs, yet another reason for me to limit the beer and wine consumption - talk about empty calories. In any event, beer and wine will certainly be off the table (literally) starting today.

I am so happy to see the 10 to 15 pound team is growing! I will be shooting for 1000 - 1200 cals with a big chunk of it as protein. I think that the first week's presciption calls for no grains at all and very little fruit. Thank heavens for FitDay - I just couldn't do this if I had to record everything by hand.

My Official weigh in is this afternoon, I'll post then.

Choose the foods well, today!
I can relate. I cannot drink either. But that didn't stop me from trying, a couple of weeks ago. I got drunk as a skunk and sick as a dog because it interacted with my Lyrica (somehow I forgot I was on it.) I said I won't do that again!!! Then had half a beer and a tiny bit of port wine at my poker game a week or so later and felt really queasy. Lesson learned, my friends!!! Better choices!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nottango
Hey Hope - we've been here before, huh! Welcome to the club! I know you have extra challenges. I have to say, I felt quite guilty after realizing that I'd been telling you to work harder when you couldn't and didn't know why. I'm really sorry.
I have a feeling every spring we'll be restarting this thread to get rid of the winter weight!
Wouldn't it be nice if we all met our goals and then we wouldn't have to worry about it anymore?
Hey Nottango!!! Good to hear from you!!!! Long time!!! It's so sweet of you but don't feel sorry, honey. You didn't know. Man, I used to be such a gym rat; I'll tell you, I miss those work outs. No, really!!! I do!!!!
As for being on this thread, it's like deja vu all over again, isn't it? We'll get each other through. Come on, we're sooooo close to our goals...
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Hope,
Great to see you posting again. I am sooo sorry the fibro just won't let you go. I really cannot imagine what you are going through, but you are truly inspirational in not letting it get the better of you!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Week 1 weight: 139.4

So I got the drill yesterday:
NO Grains, that is no bread, crackers, or cereal of any kind this week
NO Rice, brown, wild or white
NO Pasta of any kind including Dreamfields and other protected carb foods
NO Potatoel
And of course absolutely no sweets
NO Corn of any type which includes tortillas (low carb included)

Breakfast: eggs or plain yogurt (some fruits allowed)
Snack: apple or orange (required)
Lunch: meat (~5 oz) and salad
Snack: nuts (this will be a bit tricky as nuts are a trigger food. I'll have to keep the serving under control)
Dinner: meat and veggies.

Beans are allowed and the list of dairy is pretty short. No cheese this week.

And the usual: Lots of water, and brewed tea.

So that's this week.

Although keeping track of calories isn't really part of the program, I'll definitely do so anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.