Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 03-04-2012, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Mern: three pounds. Way to go, Mama!!! You are rocking that low carb!!! And I hear you about stuff backfiring. That's how it is with DD. You have to know your kid. Or grandkid. And the thing is they are insane.
Thanks for the kudos, kiddo. OMG, you are so right about having to know your kid to know how to handle given situations and how they will respond. All I can say is that I'm so glad my kids are grown and so grateful that my live-in DD is so different from the way her mother was as a teenager. We're she like her mother was, I'd never have invited her to come live with us. Knock on wood!

Tori, well, you just wanted to come into this world kicking, eh? Did ya kick the doctor in the head for lookin' at ya naked? LOL

Can't wait until dinner. I'm fixing boneless pork chops and trying a new stovetop casserole of zucchini, yellow squash, caramelized onion, tomato and Parmesan cheese. The casserole is kinda borderline carb rather than low carb, but I've been very low carb all day, so think I can afford it. Maybe a spinach salad on the side with ranch dressing.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Thanks for the kudos, kiddo. OMG, you are so right about having to know your kid to know how to handle given situations and how they will respond. All I can say is that I'm so glad my kids are grown and so grateful that my live-in DD is so different from the way her mother was as a teenager. We're she like her mother was, I'd never have invited her to come live with us. Knock on wood!

Tori, well, you just wanted to come into this world kicking, eh? Did ya kick the doctor in the head for lookin' at ya naked? LOL

Can't wait until dinner. I'm fixing boneless pork chops and trying a new stovetop casserole of zucchini, yellow squash, caramelized onion, tomato and Parmesan cheese. The casserole is kinda borderline carb rather than low carb, but I've been very low carb all day, so think I can afford it. Maybe a spinach salad on the side with ranch dressing.
Omigod, Mern, I am coming to your house to eat. This food sounds so good!!! Eating great and losing weight. I love it!!

Mike, I still haven't heard how you liked or did not like The Gumbo Shop.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Sometimes you go off but eat less calories than you think. At first today, I was doing great. I needed a nap but DH came home and so I ate instead of sleeping. My tummy felt weird so I ate some crackers, then some pretzels, then some chips, then some cookies. Yeah I know. But I added it all up and tho it was obviously very carby (is that even a word), it wasn't as bad calorie wise as I had feared. Oh well back on the wagon. Rawhide! Yee haw!!!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, sorry, there's none of that stovetop squash & tomato casserole left to share. LOL DH and I absolutely loved it and it's so easy to make. We both decided it was a wonderful side dish to the pork chops.

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/moms_summer_squash/

Mine didn't look as pretty as the pic in the recipe, but it didn't matter.because it was so yummy.

I made just half a recipe for the two of us. I bought the squash several days ago and just found a recipe to use it in today. I used frozen, sliced yellow squash instead of fresh (PictSweet Brand yellow squash that I found at Walmart) home canned, very well drained tomatoes instead of fresh, omitted the garlic, and used American cheese slices instead of jack or cheddar because that's the cheese DH wanted in it. I also upped the fat a bit by adding little margarine to the olive oil for flavor when lightly browning the veggies in a single layer. Glad I took the advice in the recipe to let some water evaporate from the tomatoes in a separate small fry pan before mixing with the other veggies. I loved that instead of having to make a cheese sauce, you just lay the cheese slices atop the lightly browned veggies, cover and just let it completely melt before stirring in. So my casserole was fairly low carb, but not low fat with the oil, margarine, and full fat cheese. But one could use no margarine and low fat cheese, if desired.

My doc wants me to eat only low fat cheese, but I hate it (except for part skim mozzarella and 2% milk shredded cheddar) so most cheese I eat is full fat--but I DO eat LESS cheese than I used to. When doc suggested the other day, "Low fat cheese, right?" I just answered quickly with a smile "Oh, I hear ya!" Well, I DID hear her, but I didn't confess.

You really can eat great and lose weight--but you gotta have the time and the desire to do that. I don't always have both. I like to cook, but hate the cleanup. I'm so lucky that when I cook dinner, DH puts away the leftovers and loads the dishwasher for me.

Last edited by Mern; 03-04-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I use the word carby all the time, even though spell check questions it. That's great that your calorie count came out so much better than you thought. That is really great!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, sorry I've been busy. I liked it, it was good. I'll post up what I had, tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I hear ya. Low fat cheese is the pits. I eat it but I don't enjoy it except the ones you mentioned. And I have a medium-fat, thin-sliced Swiss that's good.

That squash recipe looks yummy. Gotta try it. I would also love to hear how you cooked the pork chops. Sometimes mine come out tough if I don't bread em.

Even before my carb binge, my fibro started up again. Burning painful hands and feet, total exhaustion and my shoulders ache. I feel like my face and body are split in half with the right side being numb and weak. Glad I marinated my steak and prepped DH's shrimp parm. When DD gets home from work she can choose what she wants. I'm going back up to bed for now. Maybe find some gloves and the warm hiking socks DH got me. He is the best. I am so lucky.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

done! 2:49:25
Old 03-04-2012, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I don't bread my pork chops, either. I buy the ones that are about 1/2 inch thick and just sprinkle them with Morton Lite-salt and ground black pepper. I get a non-stick skillet good and hot before adding the oil and the chops. I cook them until nicely browned on each side and just until no longer pink inside. They come out nice and juicy but cooked through.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I can't even begin to imagine the pain of fibro. I hope you get some relief and a wonderful night's sleep! Big hug to ya!

I'll try the medium fat, thin Swiss next time if I can find it. What is that--like 2% milk fat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.