Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 03-01-2012, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

Just so y'all know I haven't skipped out on the exercise....walk completed. 4.07 miles at that! Got supper already logged and it's now in the oven/on the grill.

Will try and catch up with everybody after I eat.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Tori! Way to go on the walk!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday Check-In:

1. Take ALL vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 80 oz. of water a day, or more. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Calories ALWAYS under 1200. 1085, 1402, 1004, 1013
4. Walk, weather permitting... nasty winter storm coming in mid-week. No time today. Winter storm... going to snow for the next 6 days! No, 17" of snow! Ditto
5. NO bread... nothing, nada, zilch. 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
6. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day, preferably more. 3, 4, 4, 4
7. One 1 hour nap/relaxation period each day. (Need to recharge the 'ol batteries... ) No time today, Yes, Yes, tonight
Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
My weight is up this week, but I've had sore muscles. Can anyone else relate to this? Whenever I workout hard and have sore muscles my weight goes up. I've heard that muscle pulls in a lot of extra water while in order to repair itself, so I'm thinking this might account for the increase, but has anyone else heard this or have any idea if it is accurate?
I have had this happen. Especially after a vigorous leg work out, or returning to the gym after a break. The truth is when you have sore muscles it is a result of micro tears in the muscle fibers so you have actually injured the muscle on a super small scale, but like any injury the body responds with an inflammatory response which can be swelling, and fluids in the local area. If it is too bad try taking an anti-inflammatory like advil or tylenol. This not only reduces the pain but reduces the inflammation.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hope i feel for you. I am not a parent but i know i was a difficult child/teen and early adult. Don't loose hope for her recovery. Becoming an adult can be such a difficult time and she obviously feels a lot of emotional pain. Most cutters feel they are some how letting out some of the internal pain when they externalize it by cutting. If you have never been there it can seem so extreme and beyond comprehension. But when it's you, you're just trying to deal with the pain and get through life. I struggled for years with inappropriate coping mechanisms: drugs/alcohol/binge&purge/cutting. It took years but i finally hit a bottom and got help. Fast forward and I am 16 years clean and sober with a career as a RN. So don't give up, she will find her way. I can't imagine how painful it must be to watch from the outside. My heart goes out to you.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thursday

Health/Fitness
1--Calories at least 1100 no more than 1400--1475, 1045, 1282, 1091 (but I may get up again like I did last night)
2--64 oz water or more daily--I did well this weekend, so I know that I can do this, I just have to make myself--70.7, 87.6, 110.7, 135.2 Holy Crap I've been peeing all day it seems like. I didn't really realize how much water I've had today until I just added it all up. It's no wonder I've been in and out of the restroom all day!
3--Stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--I may need some help pushing myself. Yell at me, call me names, whatever it takes!--M: YES Tu: YES, W: YES Th: Traded Zumba for a walk, so I'm considering it a YES
4--Walk: Tu, W, Sa, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, I may need some pushing and provoking--M: N/A Tu: 3.2, W: 3.2 Th: 4.07 (even though technically it was an "off" night I'm still posting it
5--Weigh & Post Daily--M: 204.0 Tu: 203.6 W: scale broke Th: 201.0

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry--N, N, N, N
2--clean out car (again)--N, N, N, N
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it--YES, YES, NO, giving myself blue because I thought about but stressed about it too
4--first week back from work, DON'T KILL ANYONE (namely my vacay replacement)--no death, everyone survived, had a really good day!, only thought of hurting someone once today.

Thank You All for the kind words on my loss (that's kind of weird to say). I may have missed my mini goal, but being thisclose to it made up for it. Combined with the fact that I just came back from vacation a week ago and was snuck up upon by AF, I think it's been a really good week. (so far, fingers crossed) I haven't been in the 100s in probably 6 years. And even then, it was because I was sick. I'm thinking I was under 200 for a total of 6 months before I started gaining it back. This time it's different. I'm not sick. I'm doing the work to get the weight off and it's paying off. Someone at work asked me today exactly how much I've lost and when I told him he was dumbfounded. He also said that sometimes he purposefully tries to avoid me when he's in the store because every time he does see me all he can think about is the fat and calorie laden cheeseburger he had for lunch. LOL!! I've made an impression Still not sure if it's a good one or a bad one.

I talked to my cousin today (not Fridge Stealer, but Lil Ms Co-dependent) and she was saying something about how she "needs" to get back on track with me like she was before Christmas. I invited her to walk with me this weekend and I got "I'll have to let you know" as a response. Which is a no. And when I called her out on it being a no she replied "I dunno". Which just confirms that it's a no. I'm not going to go out of my way to ask her to workout with me anymore (she's the one who kept ditching me) but whenever she mentions wanting to do something I will casually invite her. I also talked to Fridge Stealer. She on the other hand was more open about wanting to work out. She said that she had to work tonight and tomorrow (she works third) but she's off Saturday Sunday and Monday. So maybe she'll follow through.

I know that I said I was going to catch up this evening, but I'm super tired. And apparently have already written a novel (like Terri is prone to do ) so I'm going to hit the sheets a little earlier than I normally would. Catch up with y'all tomorrow!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

Cool

I'm sitting here finishing out my water for the day while I enjoy the friendship on this forum. Just got back from Health Group. The leader was certified as a personal trainer, but for some reason let her certification lapse. In any case, I love how she taught us a Circuit routine. I plan to incorporate that into my weekly goals.

If I may be a bit mushy here: Just want to say that I feel honored to be part of this community with all of your caring & understanding.

April ~ That's great news that you have a "silver lining" in the new Doctor. I think you must have found a gem in all your difficulties. Collaboration is so vital. I'll pray (if it's OK with you) for this particular Doctor & of course for you, family and specifically your son. I eagerly await news of how your son is progressing. As far as I'm concerned, "spill" away. By the way, I admire how you bring comfort to others out of your pain.

Terri ~ Amazing conversation with your father!!! There's hope, yes?!!! He's starting where he is and any steps forward for better health is wonderful.

Mary ~ Is that you in the snow? That looks like lots of fun!

Hope ~ Awwwww .. .. I'm glad you feel free to open up here. You need safe places to share your heart. Prayers & (((hugs.))) I really feel for you & your daughter.

Kim ~ What comfort & hope you bring.

Darlene ~ Glad to see you popping in here!

Tori ~ I'm so in awe of you this week with your workouts! AND you haven't "killed anyone yet". Thumbs up to you! I know it's hard when we miss goal dates, and yet look at what you have done already. It is amazing that with vacationing last week that you are as close as you are with your mini-goal. I actually feel like I'm coming down slide right after you -- I hope to be at 200 by end of April. Can't wait to be in the 100 camp again. Hope your dreams are all peaceful .. . . ..

Mern ~ You have so much kindness in your heart. I always love to read what you have to say.

Last edited by fit4luv; 03-01-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1.) Less than or around 1300 calories/day: 1279, 1350, 1639, 1369
2.) 64 oz. water/day (I recently started on a medication that's a bit of a diuretic, so I really want to stick with this one): 96 oz, 64 oz, 100 oz, 64 oz
3.) Exercise 3x (third time will be a stretch, but I'm aiming high!): 2 down
4.) Don't fail Astro 585 exam on Tuesday: Done-went okay
5.) Finish Astro 530 HW by Wednesday: Done
6.) Talk to potential advisor about research: Probably won't happen 'til after break

Today was ever so slightly higher in calories than I was hoping for, but not terrible. I'm headed to bed to get some much needed sleep!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, you know I usually have something to say... I'm speachless this time. My heart goes out to y'all. I already said a prayer. Take care.
You said it all. Your caring and prayers are so very greatly appreciated. It means a lot to me.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

I am exhausted but spent a great night with my DD. The energy of what all you have given me is helping me somehow. I will tawk more tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.