Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12

Old 02-28-2012, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

I only got in 4 servings of fruits and veggies today, but that was 3 servings of veggies to only one serving of fruit, so I think I did pretty good. I could boost it pretty easy by switching to smoothies for breakfast, but I can't get too enthusiastic about cold smoothies in the winter.

I took the night off because I am really feeling the kettlebells from yesterday.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:13 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by canary52
1) lower carb- Y
2) avoid sugar - Y
3) stretch, even gently - Y
4) 6 glasses of water every day - 8
5) do not be critical - Y
You're doing awesome, Hope! You even went over on your Water goal.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I'm so not feeling putting in the workout tonight. Work was a b*&ch late in the day. Wound up not getting out early, but late. And now I'm tired. And cranky. And just not up to it. But I'm GONNA! I HAFFTA!! And I will. For now, I'm going to log my supper before I even cook it. That way I know what I've got to play with later this evening (I'm feeling a snack comin on tonight )
I truly am sorry for your rough day. But what happened to your workout? You've awesome determination. You're struggling with workouts this week, and I'm struggling with eating.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Day two of the challenge is over and everyone is doing so awesome *pom poms*

I wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome you guys know how to make a girl feel at home.

and now for my results...

Health/Fitness
1-calories at least 1000 no more than 1100 M: 851, T: 770
2-64 oz water a day- Yeah This mite be the biggest challenge for me! M:24,T:48
3-stick to new work out schedule- Finish lvl 2 of 30 day shred on Monday start lvl 3 tuesday for the next 10 days. *flex* I can do it, or die trying.M:Y,T:Y
4-Post and Blog daily M:Y,T:Y
5- Roller blade at least every other day min of 30mins M:Y T: n/a
Life/Home
1- clean out garage!!!! M:N,T:N

I know blah Cals are still low but I'm eating I swear!

Breakfast- 1 egg, toast x2 lite wheat
Coffee

lunch- salad with low fat cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms and ham no dressing

Dinner- 4oz Tilapia with veggies and crystal light

after dinner- coffee
Old 02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--Calories at least 1100 no more than 1400--1475, 1045
2--64 oz water or more daily--I did well this weekend, so I know that I can do this, I just have to make myself--70.7, 87.6 and climbing
3--Stick to new work out schedule--M:Zumba Tu:Cardio Burn W:yoga Th:Zumba F:Cardio Burn Sa:yoga Su:day off--I may need some help pushing myself with this one. We all know I slack when it comes to my workouts. Yell at me, call me names, whatever it takes!--M: YES Tu: YES
4--Walk: Tu, W, Sa, Su--at least 3 miles each--again, I may need some pushing and provoking--M: N/A Tu: 3.2
5--Weigh & Post Daily--M: 204.0 Tu: 203.6

Life/Home
1--wash, fold, and put away all vacation laundry--N, N
2--clean out car (again)--N, N
3--don't stress about it, but at least think about it--YES, YES
4--first week back from work, DON'T KILL ANYONE (namely my vacay replacement)--no death, everyone survived

I really didn't feel my workout and walk tonight, but did them anyway. I wound up meeting my cousin for dinner (instead of cooking) and I'm pretty sure I made better choices by eating out. She said she felt like she couldn't order freely because she'd look like a big fat cow next to me and my healthy eating. Didn't stop her though, LOL! Met up with her sister to get our walk in. We got in our 3, well, I got in 3. They both cut a few corners. A few months ago they were both walking circles around me, and one has a bad hip. Tonight though, I had to slow down for them to try and keep up. I spent the bulk of my time walking backward just so I could keep up with the conversation, and even then I was outwalking them. How does that happen??? We averaged a 17 minute mile, NOT the kind of walk I had in mind, but at least I got it in.....slowly. It felt pretty good to actually be fitter than someone for once. I'm going to have to walk alone if I want to keep improving my time. I gots plans......

Got home super late, but still did the Burn. And OMG, I really don't think I've sweated this much in two days ever. Jas keeps sniffing me and kinda snubbing her nose. I must need a shower

I'm going to try and catch up on today's posts before bed.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Tori!

YAY, So proud of you for keeping to your workout and walk

Its funny how when we start working out or doing healthy things sometimes we look at our self and think, hmm i don't see any difference but then something like your walk tonight comes along and woot it hits you, you are making progress as you have to slow down for others.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

Default Catchin' Up

Terri--even if the personal trainer is David Beckham hot, if he's punishing me, it's a consequence, right? I don't think anyone REALLY wants to see me do Zumba. It's pretty scary, I stay at the back of the class for a reason. And that reason is so I don't knock anyone down!! And I'm going to get my workouts in, cosequences or not. It's more to prove to myself that I can do it. I may have to steal your meal plan from Monday...sounds YUMMY ('cept for the PB sandwich....ewwwww). Glad you're doing well with the Shred, I don't think I can take Jillian yelling at me. Bob may be an evil evil little man, but at least he's kinda sweet while he's evil. I love his yoga DVD, not so much the Cardio Max. But I do them both anyway.

April--good luck with your Healthy Weigh Challenge. We tried one at work a couple of years ago and it was a big bust. I'm feeling you with the TOTM issues. (sorry Mike) Mine has been a range of things lately. It's either really heavy for a full week, clotting and cramps galore. When it's like that the heating pad is my best friend. Or it's very light and short with few to no other symptoms. I've never really been on the "normal" side of things (PCOS) but it's starting to get on my nerves. I'm guessing I need to discuss it with the GYN. I have found that it's been "more" regular since I've lost what weight I have. Imagine that? I'm pretty sure my doc said something about that once I also need to ask her about scheduling a mammo, cancer runs in the family, so what can it hurt?? Will be keeping you in warm and fuzzy thoughts with the ultrasound and sonogram. Also sending warm and fuzzies for your DS.

Joanna--hope all the extra juju makes the outcome of the exam the way you want it to. How's everything else going? I know you said a little while back you were having insulin issues? Any updates on that?

Tal--girl, get that water in!! It's my personal challenge to you. I had to start a little at a time. Instead of setting the goal at 64, what about 48? And then work up from there. And EAT for goodness sakes!!! Otherwise, your goals are looking good!! Keep it up! And yea yea, you'd be "supporting" me while watching me do zumba. MMHMMMM

Quinn--goals are looking good lady! Don't be all frowny faced at your overage, it happens to us all. Oh, you can have ALL the snow. We still haven't had any for the year, and while it's pretty I could do without it all together. We're still in the danger zone here as far as winter goes, you never know what to expect in SC. It could turn stupid cold overnight.

Mike--wooo to the HOOOO!! Rock on with your Bonus Getting Pimp Daddy Self!!

Kim--I seriously don't know how you do it. You have to have the energy of a Jack Russell or sumthin. Goals are looking great! And YAY PLATEAU BROKEN!!!

Luv--you check out those goals with your rabbity eyes. So far other than calories yesterday and a few of my life goals that I'll take care of on my day off, they're ALL GREEN (actualy purple, it's prettier). I found my get up and go...and glad that I did. And I'm not just struggling this week with my workouts, it's an on going problem.

Darlene--I did find my joy this evening. Outwalking people who are younger and WERE fitter than me felt a little good. Prideful, but good! Your goals are looking good this week. Seems like we're all doing pretty well.

Kay--I can go with a smoothie if it were freezing cold out. I'm not a "hot breakfast" person though. I'm thinking your 4 servings fruits/veggies are more than I had today, so kudos to you!! Smart lady listening to your body too. I'll probably be hurting a little tomorrow from tonight's workout, so I'll probably take it light.

Pam--your trip sounds like it was wonderful! I keep saying that I'm going to do that one day, but then I just don't.

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry! Gonna go log my activities and then hit the sheets. Work tomorrow, but at least I don't have to be in as early as normal. G'night everyone!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Check In

FitDay Challenge *~* March Onward
Check-in: MON - TUES -
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

MON MISSION -> WATER: Think & Drink 16 oz/x4 ~DONE
TUES MISSION -> WALK: 3 miles ~DONE
WED MISSION -> INTAKE: Think & Do ~> Log previous intake before each meal/snack ~

FIT => Focus * Intake * Train
FOCUS {Mind & Heart}
*Audio Bible (10 Chapt):
*Hlth Group (Bk Study, 7 Sections): x4
*Thankfulness Journal (x6): x2

INTAKE {Nutrition}
FOOD: .'. Think {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {Extra w/in Goal}

*1600-1700 Calorie: AT/BELOW x1 (Mon) ::: ABOVE x1 (Tues)
*Water 64 oz: YES x2 (M-T) :::No x0
*Supplements: YES x2 (M-T) :::No x0

TRAIN {Movement}
*Aerobic (150"): 75"
*Muscular (2x Each): UEs x1 ~ LEs x1 ~ Torso/Fx x0
*Mindful Miles (10): 5 miles

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-29-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: To copy goals.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Luv,

Hope your day was great, To be honest I'm not sure if you hit your goals today lol but I hope so!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Wooooohoooooo! ****Tori ****

Your Purple is so well earned & looks soooo good on you!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Shalafi
Hey Luv,

Hope your day was great, To be honest I'm not sure if you hit your goals today lol but I hope so!!!
Awww . Thanks Tal.

I went over on Calories, but other goals I'm doing great so far. So tomorrow I put out a particular Mission for myself to help me stay focused. It's challenging to put all the pieces together, but habit by habit I'm getting there. I've made a lot of progress since I started here last December.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.