FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 02/27/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6790-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-02-27-12-a.html)

RunbikeSki 02-27-2012 11:37 AM

Back from an awesome trip

Hi Everyone,
I actually forgot it was Monday (even though I am at work), therefore time to start a new plan.

If you ever get the chance, take a long train trip. We had such a wonderful time. A relaxing 2 days (with a 2 day stop in Portland OR) to Montana, 4 vigorous days of cross country skiing and then a 2 day (nonstop) relaxing trip back to SoCal. Basically 4 overnights in a sleeper, a total of 8 meals - all quite good - and a few opportunities here and there to get off the train, stretch the legs and catch some fresh air.

DH is off planning the next train adventure :eek::D.

I'll post pix later

So this week will be interesting. Those of you who were around about this time last year may remember a rambling discussion/debate about me trying to lose the "last 10 pounds". Ultimately I decided that I would focus on building muscle by joining CrossFit and just maintaining the weight. Well this year a couple gym buddies started a low carb, 8 week or 10lb challenge and talked me into joining. So Wed the challenge begins.

I have never been much of a super low carb dieter, but hey, I am pretty sure I can manage for at least 4 or 5 weeks.

So for now:
Goals for the week:
1.) 1 liter of water, just water, everyday
2.) 2 CrossFit, 2 Yoga, 2 runs
3.) Weigh in Wed and post
4.) Get meal plans together for the week
5.) Get trip pictures uploaded and posted
6.) Start seedlings for spring garden

Weekend:

7.) Cut back bougainvilla vine
8.) Dig and replant 2 small shrubs in front garden
9.) Feed and prune roses
10) Pick-up and plant new peach tree.

Mike, good luck on the 1/2 mara, but you really need to get a training program so you don't go out and kill yourself on these walks and take 4 weeks to recover. And why does 3:05 look familiar ;)

almeeker 02-27-2012 11:55 AM

I'm here. This week is going to be NUTS, and my hands are in very bad shape, so typing is difficult. I have 10 fingers, just like everyone else, and almost every single one is cracked right now, there is seriously blood on the keyboard. We've had a cold snap and I've been sewing, 2 things guaranteed to split my fingers wide open. I'm eyeball deep in Betsy Ross costumes. My DD (love her but could KILL her) is doing a presentation on Betsy in a competition this Sat. It's split, part is Betsy at 14 and then again at 24. At 14 she's a Quaker daughter, grey dress, white cap, white apron (and ugh so plain it could be prison clothing). At 24 she's a widow, black black black, with a 1/2 finished flag across her lap. Why does she do this to me? Why do I let her? I've already told her that next year she must start earlier and do her own rassin frassin sewing. On top of all that her February reading project is due Wednesday, so she's down in the basement right now building a log cabin. I hate to say it, but I stood back and made DH do that one. It's keeping her alive right now, because between my hands and her neck there is a flight of stairs and a table saw.

But I have to tell you I feel good about her doing this competition. It's hard to explain, she's really an average kid, goofy, a little chubby, obnoxious, frequently a pain in the butt, all grandiose ideas and very little work ethic, however when she puts on her bonnet and takes the center of attention, she's something else. She brings something to it that is hard to define. Another parent watched her monolog last Friday, and she turned to me and said "let's have our girls put together a group project next year and we can sweep the whole thing and go to National's together". I do think our daughters would compliment each other well on stage, but they might kill each other in the process.

Anyway, my fingers are in bad shape, I'll be reading along this week. I'll post some goals hopefully tomorrow. Right now I have to put kids to bed.

No baby bunnies yet, should be any time now, she's built a nest and has been licking the mineral wheel A LOT. Poor thing, you can tell she's uncomfortable, she can hardly hop with her big fat belly, it's about dragging on the cage floor. She also spends a lot of time giving Romeo Stud Muffin the evil eye, and really you can't blame her.

kimbur96 02-27-2012 12:16 PM

Almeeker hope your hands get better sounds painful. I'm sure there will be lots to read and keep you entertained while your fingers recover.

01gt4.6 02-27-2012 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by kimbur96 (Post 74305)
Goals:
Health:
Calories: 900-1300
Weight lift x5
Cardio 6 hours
Plank x 5
Weekend some activity
Personal:
Vacuum the car
Organize the garage

:eek:Gee what are you going to do with all your spare time? I guess you plan on living in the gym.

kimbur96 02-27-2012 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 74311)
:eek:Gee what are you going to do with all your spare time? I guess you plan on living in the gym.

I'm averaging two hours a day at the gym 5 x week :cool: I have increased my calories this week though. Last week by friday i was exhausted and I think it was because i was to restrictive on the food.

01gt4.6 02-27-2012 12:55 PM

So I take it that the 6 hours of cardio isn't included in you 10 hours at the gym, or is it? Pretty hardcore.

ToriD1012 02-27-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 74304)
I may end up with 3:07 but I'll go as fast as I can. Thanks for the invite on yelling at you and pushing you until you puke this week!

wait an effing minute! I'm pretty sure I said push me, provoke me, and call me names. I don't remember ANYthing about PUKE!!! And I'm still all for the provoking, not so much down with the puking.

First day back went.....well it went. To say work was a disaster is an understatement. I'm roughly a quarter the way through last week's paperwork, and then I get to start on this week's. yay. And that's just the paperwork side of the job. My work station was a mess. I used lots of colorful language today, and will probably use more of the same tomorrow. Calories were over today, but I ain't stressing over it. It'll all even out by the end of the week. My cousin bailed on Zumba tonight, but honestly didn't really think she'd go through with it. It is what it is, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on her. If she shows next Monday, great. If not, I'll go it alone again. I'm finally getting a little better rhythmically :rolleyes: I'm not sure if it was extra hot in the studio tonight, but I was sweating bullets! And I'm not much of a sweater. Seriously, I used to be able to play 7 full innings of softball in mid-June South Carolina heat and humidity and barely break a sweat. So, maybe that means it's working??? Tomorrow I'm gonna go hang with the ex roomies for a bit. My other cousin (remember the refrigerator stealing one?) said she'd walk with me. It's in a rough neighborhood, but it'll push me a little more. There's some hella big hills, so it'll hurt in a good kinda way.

Pam-good to see you back! Sounds like your trip was a blast!

Amy-sorry to hear about your fingers. but aren't you just Super Mom making those costumes!! And awww baby bunnies any minute! I know the DD's are excited.

Gotta run to Wal-Mart for some stuff that I forgot the other night. And to put gas in the car. Will post goal updates later.

Shalafi 02-27-2012 01:44 PM

Tori *waves*

I'm in!!! and Hi to all.

Health/Fitness
1-calories at least 1000 no more than 1100
2-64 oz water a day- Yeah This mite be the biggest challenge for me!
3-stick to new work out schedule- Finish lvl 2 of 30 day shred on Monday start lvl 3 tuesday for the next 10 days. *flex* I can do it, or die trying.
4-Post and Blog daily
5- Roller blade at least every other day min of 30mins
Life/Home
1- clean out garage!!!!

kimbur96 02-27-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 74314)
So I take it that the 6 hours of cardio isn't included in you 10 hours at the gym, or is it? Pretty hardcore.

Opps! 6 was meant to be a 4. And yes that's included in the 10. I lift for 45-60 minutes and then do cardio 30-60 minutes.

01gt4.6 02-27-2012 02:12 PM

Tori, we all know that women don't normally say what they mean. It's okay, I knew what you meant. That reminds me that I need to check and maybe tween your goals. :)

Shalafi, welcome aboard! Your first goal doesn't leave much room for error. I'm guessing you are good at planning ahead.

Ladies, I had a hectic day today. Once again went straight to the gym from work, didn't even get to change. So I am still working out this week and trying to write policies, even though I don't have it listed in my goals.