Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-25-2012, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, you're welcome for the BUNCH of bananas. You deserve them.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
How deep are you going in May?
620 feet

Originally Posted by Mern
Kim, Hope is the one who told me about that chicken, spinach, roasted red pepper wrap. Yum!

Holy cow! I see where you're coming from now about the weight and physical condition, but that dive sounds scary! We'll sure root for (and pray for, if you don't mind) your success! Big hug to ya!
Thanks so much. I'll take the cheers and prayers booth
Old 02-25-2012, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

I thought the larger banana was kinda cool but I think Mike deserves all three.

Mern, You are so understanding and sweet, that I am glad I could turn you on to an enjoyable meal.

I am having Dukan backlash and ate waaaaay too much today because I was home and tired. The only good thing about it is maybe I won't pig out at the poker game tonight. Too full to even have that 1/2 a beer I was planning on.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kimbur96
620 feet

Holy Crap!!! No offense... but we wouldn't even insure someone for life insurance that goes that deep!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Holy Crap!!! No offense... but we wouldn't even insure someone for life insurance that goes that deep!
Lol. Yep its deep, very deep. I'm not sure anyone would write a policy for me. So I just have to make sure I come back
Old 02-25-2012, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
620 feet

Thanks so much. I'll take the cheers and prayers booth
You got 'em, Kim---620 of each! What is the purpose of the dive and what is the group that is doing it? Is it for research, education or pleasure or what?

Hope, I'm guessing by the time you read this, you'll have had fun at poker night. How'd you do--win any? Know that I was here rooting for you to make it through without an off plan food binge and praising you for whatever control you did have. LOL Yeah, Mike did earn the big banana. "...understanding and sweet." Tell that to my 17 year old live-in GD--I think she'd describe me as "uncultured and embarrassing." That girl cracks me up sometimes--kids get embarrassed at the dumbest things! I went to pick her up from work (Burger King) tonight and went inside to get a cup of decaf coffee. The cashier told me it wasn't very fresh, but if I waited they'd put on a pot. Told them it wasn't necessary--just give me what they have. So then they told me it wasn't very hot. Told them it didn't matter, I'd take it. So then they told me it was actually cold. Told them just pour it--I just want coffee, just for something wet and for the flavor. So then my GD left and went out to the car without telling me--because Granny has the elegance of a hobo, I guess. But geez, it wasn't like I was digging for leftover hunks of hamburgers in the trash bin--it was just cold, not real fresh coffee that I paid full price for. That little gal needs to lighten up!
Old 02-25-2012, 07:51 PM
FitDay Member

Oh please, Mern, my mere existence embarrasses DD. I used to feel bad but now I say if we don't embarass `em, we're not doing our job! Altho she was pretty good when I was at her job and joked with the workers (and I was pretty out there); she just resigns herself anymore, I think.

BIG FAIL on the diet during poker night. I had half a beer, some port, and I don't even want to talk about the food which actually included flourescent orange cheese curls from the dollar store (I didn't know that's where they where from when I ate them.) It's a large leap I took off that wagon tonight.

On the other hand, I won $40.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hope Congrats on your win. Ive only been to one Poker night and I loved it even though I just ended the evening £15 up but at least I wasnt out of pocket.

Mern Embarrasing the young uns is what we are supposed to do, it gives them something to get on their high horse about. If my sons could have seen me last night prancing around like a teenager to 60s tunes........ My Tina Turner doing Proud Mary impersonation even got a round of applause!!! There's life (and beer) in the old girl yet.

Im going to work for the rest of today on a project so probably wont catch up again but Im starting over big time tomorrow and you WILL see a loss by the following Monday.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
You got 'em, Kim---620 of each! What is the purpose of the dive and what is the group that is doing it? Is it for research, education what?
((((((Mern))))))))) a hug and a thank you. I dive a particular kind of dive gear known as a rebreather. The navy uses them as there are no exhaust bubbles. They are now being used by technical divers, but are far from mainstream. The dive is a team of two. Myself and a buddy. We will have ten support divers in the water at varying depths, two MD's topside, a topside logistics guy running the dive as well as a researcher from Duke University Dive Medicine. There is a local hyperbaric chamber that will be on standby. So it's well planned out. For me the dive will be a new world record for a woman on a rebreather. Besides that Duke will be collecting blood and doing transthoracic echocardiograms to add to their study of deep diving on rebreathers and the decompression science. The TTE looks for bubbles in my blood stream and the absence of bubbles in the left side of my heart ensuring all the bubbles are being filtered out by my lungs. The blood is looking for micro particles that happen as the stress of decompression appears to actually break down some blood material. Cutting edge stuff. I did a dive last year in the same location to 460 feet.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Kimbur: Ahhhhh, super-setting, that's interesting. I think I'll just go for my 60 seconds of rest too There's a big clock on the wall that will aid in that endeavor! I'm going to wait until I stop being extra-sore from the Shred every day. It is a good workout. You wouldn't think you'd be ready to throw something at the TV after 20 minutes, but that's what Jillian does to me, lol. The thing about it is that there's just no resting at all. And HOLY COW on your deep dive!!!!! Big hugs and kudos to you for letting them poke you with so much scientific equipment, and we will be SO PROUD of you when you accomplish that new world record. I honestly didn't know that rebreathers could go so deep. You'll contribute a lot to the science of diving. You are amazing.

Mike: Glad to hear you're feeling like you're back on the wagon! Maybe you just needed to give yourself a break until Mardi Gras was over.

Luv: You're so sweet. We all fall down a million times. I'm pretty sure I fall down several times a week still trying to figure this out! Keep it up! You can do it!!

Mern: You're so awesome, it HAD to be his loss on breaking the engagement!!!!! I'm trying to keep positive. I know something will work out for me. The worst case scenario is that I have to take time off from research and do something else while I work on a research plan and keep writing applications. I'll never give up on this thing, and that "worst case" really isn't a worst case, it's just something that might happen that might make life a little harder. I'm certain something will work out, though, it always does, so I'm just trying to focus on the here and now and let the future work itself out.

Hope: Congrats on the poker win!!! Did you beat lots of men? I love beating guys in poker, they never see it coming, I have an innocent face

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Calories between 1200-1500 T: 1,492 W: 1,250 Th: 1,362 F: 1,382 F: 1,322 (Week Average: 1,361.6)
2) Exercise 3 times this week, high intensity T: No W: No -- changing this goal!
3) Calorie deficit of 4,000-5,000 T: -312 W: -558 Th: -666 F: -646 Sat: -699 (Week Total: -2,881)
4) In bed by 11:30 every night T: Nope W: close, but no cigar Th: yup! F: Nope Sat: Yes
5) Protein between 25-30% on average for the week T: 27% W: 26% Th: 26% F: 28% Sat: 24% (Week Average: 26.2%)
6) 80 oz. of water daily T: 64 W: 64 Th: 80 F: 64 Sat: 64
7) Take my multivitamin!! T: forgot W: forgot again Th: yup! F: Left it sitting on the table... Sat: yes
8) Weigh in daily and post here T: 158.6 W: 159.3 Th: 159.9 F: 159.8 Sat: 159.8 Sat: 161.1
9) 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY Th: yes F: yes Sat: yes

Other Goals

1) Turn in 5 job applications this week T: 3 W: 3 more, like a boss Th: 0 F: 1 more for good measure! Sat-Sun: N/A
2) Prepare for exam review by Thursday T: not yet W: no Th: yes, with plenty of time to spare before class F-Sun: N/A
3) Take some "me" time every day T: Yes W: not really Th: yes F: a little Sat: yes
4) Don't sweat the small stuff T: I tried W: yeah Th: yes F: yes Sat: yes

Scale's up today. Who knows why. I'm pretty darned sore, and I had unexpectedly high salt content yesterday. I'm just going to keep going. The Shred is happening today because it must, just like all the other days! I'm not taking any anti-inflammatories because they also make me retain water, and I want the number on the scale to be as real as possible (water weight aside).

At this point I'm just excited to be keeping up with it!

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.