Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, that is awesome news about your mom. I don't usually give out passes but you get one for this. I'm glad you're getting to enjoy some meals with her!

Mern, congrats on the lab results. Great job!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn ... That is great news about your mom. I am sorry your brother decided to choose that situation to act like an ass. Stress really brings out the best in some people and the worst in others!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Regarding my triglycerides jumping from 228 in August to 430 yesterday--I believe I found the answer. I just found online that one should not take vitamin D or antihistamines within 24 hours before the triglyceride test because they can cause false high readings. I took both in that time period and the antihistamine was several doses over 2 1/2 days. No one told me not to--I was just told to fast from food and all beverages except water for 8 hours. So based on that I refuse to accept the test results and I'm sure my doc will agree it was an invalid result. It's a shame my insurance company will be paying that bill, though. I hate when health money is wasted on invalid tests or unnecessary tests. Maybe the doc will have the staff pass out blood test fasting guidelines from now on.

Mike, thanks for your congrats on my blood sugar results.

Terri, I just hope you and all the other women going through the menstrual problems get effective relief with no more complications from the meds. Seems like medical science should have advance better by now, doesn't it? But being a scientist yourself, you probably have more understanding of answers not being quite as simple as I want them to be. Congrats on your renewed committment to exercise. I have no advice for you--I only do the treadmill and the senior citizens strength and range of motion stuff at the gym. Masochism! Holy cow, you're not THAT bad. LOL Angry precedes action, doesn't it? So I think you're headed toward better exercise.

Quinn, great to read that your Mom is doing so well. Thanks for your kind words about my work with managing my health and taking care of my family. I hope your family never forgets YOUR kindness You know your bro and I don't, but I've seen it before where people who never lift a finger to help with elder care or child care are so quick to blame the caregiver for a crisis because they think doing that detracts from their guilt of neglect. You are so right to ignore the chronically stupid who pull you down.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Mern Thnk You for expanding my vocabulary "Chronically Stupid" I hope you don't mind if I adopt that phrase! Hope the trigliceride mystery comes out good. Glad to see everyone working hard. I'm just back from 2 hours cross country skiing. It feels even better when you are skipping work! I do have to go out for dinner tonight but I will save on calories by falling asleep in my soup. Having a good health week. Not making it to the Y but getting exercise outside. Mary
Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow WOW! This thread takes a life of its own . . .

so fun to read each & every post. Thanks to each person who wishes me well & to each compliment I've recieved. Today I'm doing better. Anything I accomplish this week, I'm thankful for. I'm sooo thankful that my back is much better.

I want to do more individual commenting later . . . but in essence . . .
1-> My sympathies for those having a rough time of it health wise & home/family wise.

2-> I'm sooooo happy for any scales that are agreeing with you & "allowing" you to lose weight.

3-> (Preaching: At myself included). If you keep falling, please remember that success only comes through persistence. Just keep picking yourself up. Keep on marching folks!

.................................................. ......................
FitDay Challenge *~* Daily Practice
Check-in: MON - TUES - WED
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret to your success is found in your daily routine.” – John Maxwell

FIT (Focus ~ Intake ~Train)
FOCUS (3) Mind & Heart
*Audio Bible (10 chapt. min.) =
*Hlth Group (Bk Study -> 7 Parts) =
*Thankfulness Journal (Daily Entry) = x2

INTAKE (3) Nutrition ~+~ Lent: NO CHOCOLATE
.'. Think {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {Extra w/in Goal}
*1600 Calorie = AT/BELOW x2 ::: ABOVE x0 ::: LOST TRACK x1
*H2O (48 oz) = Yes x2 ::: No x1
*Supplements = Yes x3 ::: No x0

TRAIN (3) Movement
*240" Exercise Challenge (w/ Mike & Amy) {200"}
*Aerobic (150") = 120"
*Mindful Miles (10 mi) = 4 mi
*Muscular Fitness (Each Area x2) = UEs x1 * LEs x0 * Torso/Functional x1

DAY (Dazzle~Administrate~Yard) Life (3)
DAZZLE: * FlyLady: Zone 4 (1') =
ADMINISTRATE: *Paper Trail (10") =
YARD (Outside) *Maintain (x3)
=

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-23-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, it was Quinn who first used the phrase "chronically stupid." So the credit goes to her. I'm sure now the triglyceride test will come out just fine when I have another a few months from now. I'm glad you had such a good time skipping work and skiing today. Hope you stay awake and enjoy a full meal tonight. LOL

Luv, I'm so happy your back is better! You are really right that success only comes through with persistence. You are a great example for us of what we CAN do if we put our minds to it.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Seeing as how Mike never got back to me about walking, I had to make my own plans. Currently sitting at a bar on Bourbon...

Y'all have a great night!!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn so glad your mom is getting better; you definitely get a pass on those meals!! And you also get a pass, in my book, if you "accidentally" smack your brother in the head. He sounds just like my brother-in-law who I "affectionately" call Satan (his wife is, of course, Mrs. Satan.) He's quick to play the blame game, in other words, doesn't raise a hand to help but points a finger to blame.

Mern, I hope you have come to the root of the mystery and that those higher numbers were a false read.

I was thinking of you, Mern, today when I had chicken, roasted red peppers and spinach on a whole wheat wrap and felt like I was "cheating" on my diet. I thought of you and Pritikin, was it? and how you eat now. I realize I "no can" do Dukan. Maybe I'll just try for a little balance, fewer carbs, smaller portions and movement. See how that works.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
I think I've just become disgusted with my lack of exercising and orbiting around 160 forever. Enough is enough. I don't want to, but I need to do it. I think I need to go through some kind of masochism, lol. We'll see! I'm not feeling motivated, I'm feeling ANGRY! RAWR!!!!
You do need a workout, channel that anger, make it work for you girlfriend!
Old 02-23-2012, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Hello to all..

I am Kitt and I am a newbie here (well, a new poster although I have used FitDay off and on for 4 years).

Question for all of you: how do you deal with plateaus? I have been doing SO well until the past 8 or 9 days. I have come to a complete stop as far as weight loss goes in spite of the fact that I have not eaten one calorie over my allotted 1000 per day (high protein, no sugars, low carbs). Also, I have worked out pretty hard (1.5 hours a day, 5 days per week).

I am not a huge water drinker and someone suggested that it might help me get past the plateau. Other than that, I am frustrated because I weigh myself twice per week and when there is absolutely NO movement of the scale for over a week I get discouraged.

Any helpful insights would be most welcome.
Thanks, Kitt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.