Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Hope..I started calling my kids Oompa Loompas when we were out in public. It was easier than saying, "No, I need the other Grace!!". Sometimes I'll call them my monsters!!

Quinn-Your comment about it feeling good to be in control of something really hit home with me. 3 weeks ago, prior to realizing I needed to change my lifestyle, I felt completely out of control. All of these things were happening to and around me and I felt helpless to do anything to stop it. I decided to take control of my eating and lack of exercise and I've noticed a huge improvement in other areas as well. I'm not feeling overwhelmed by work, the kids, my son's home school work or life in general. It's like once I gained control over one aspect of my life the others fell into line.
It DOES feel good to be in control of something!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, it's too late to change shoes. New shoes would cause more harm than good.

Kim, congrats. I love squats. Do you ever do overhead squats? Those are hard!
Oh right, you have to break em in. Duh. I forgot that part.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

1) 6 glasses H2O daily. Come on, if I can't drink 48 ozs then I oughta cluck at a duck and sniff a truck (this is my imitation of Steven Tyler's odd {and more profane} sayings on American Idol, which I no longer watch.) 11 boo yah!
2) protein is my friend - eat this - yes
3) sugar is not - don't eat that -yes
4) Oat bran is yummy. Tell myself that as I eat it once daily.- yes, yum
5) 20 minutes or more of movement a day (I mean I'm not 90 fer goodness sakes and there ARE 90 year olds more active than me. In fact, I know at least 3.) half hour at least
6) be a stretchy mama - yes
7) write two hours minimum a day 5 days a week - yup at least
8) stop being so pissed off at everyone which I'm telling you right now I failed Monday morning on a GRAND scale, an EPIC scale, hell, an OPERATIC scale, (chewed DH a new one, no, no, no two new ones while singing opera about "my rights") but will try for the rest of the day and the week. Yessir. - trying
9) stop cleaning DD's room for her, you dirty (or clean?) little enabler you - Yup ansd I did not pick up after her, make a special dinner or let ehr skip chores

Last edited by canary52; 02-21-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kimbur96
I don't know what overhead squats are? I use a rack because i have no spotter. I love squats and leg press because i can move significant weight and it makes me feel really good.
On a 1-10 difficulty scale, I give them an 8. They are hard. You have to go light on the weight. Hold the barbell over your head with a wide grip (elbows locked) and do the squat like you normally would. The work your core more than normal squats.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

I did clean out the make-up drawer and it looks so nice I think I have to go without makeup as it is too pretty to mess up. (not gonna happen)

Today I did my first spinning class, I hated it as I couldn't keep up and I don't think the instructor knew it was my first time. He just kept yelling at the lady in the red shirt (that was me). Will try with a nicer instructor.

I did manage to break the cable on the push down machine, but overall a good workout.

Wildbeanerz – I checked out your Feb photo and you will never believe this but I am right now wearing the same design top (only it’s a dress) and has some bling on the cleavage area. So comfortable though.

Almeeker – Wow, huge goals for Lent, way to go. I think I will steal 3 of them. No profanity, no skipping workouts and no white flour.

Canary52 – Does being a stretchy mama mean flexibility as it means wearing a mama wearing polyester up here. lol. I’m loving your humour (humor).

Darlene – You have no idea how easy it was to resist the hydrogenated white flour with so many ingredients I couldn’t pronounce. It was actually grossing me out watching him eat that and it was all I could do not to share the knowledge of what that would do to his body. He has never said anything about my weight so I cannot lecture him about his food choices. He weighs a huge 154 pounds.
Hope your interview went well.

Kimbur – 900 calories is that like calorie cycling you would do 900 one day and 1400 the next?

Fit4luv – thanks for your support that made my day, I think we don’t see what we are doing well sometimes and it takes another person to gently remind us.

Yourbadd – that is a stellar weight loss- have to learn how to insert icons. Shooting star inserted here.

Kumochi – was he a cute jogger, or may be a she. Funny story though.

Mike – don’t you get enough exercise swinging that hammer. You swing 40 swings a minute, in case you needed to know.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:03 PM
FitDay Member

I think I will always be the last to post as I am Pacific time and most of you have already gone to bed. The Internet at work blocks me so I can't even use comnpany time haha.
Have a great day every one. I too have to go to bed.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

April Thank you for the welcome back I really missed all you guys also. Thanks for the update I will keep your family in my prayers as you continue to work through this difficult time.

Hope Thanks for the well wishes! How did you eating plan go today?

Mea Who do you compose for? 4/10th of a pound is more then I lost so way to go!

Mike Way to go on your policies that bonus is right around the corner. I hope you can find some motivation to keep you focused on your lifestyle goals.

Amy Wow that is some workout schedule you have for the week I would be impressed if I could do half of it! Thanks for the hugs and prayers and I am ready for the rain to stop and the sun to arrive it’s been a tough start to the year so far.

Kim Thanks for the prayers. I was just checking out your new dive video wow it is beautiful and yet I could never do it I was terrified just watching you guys go deeper into the caves, is the rope along the side so you can find your way back out? I admire your passion and bravery for exploring under the sea.

Luv Thanks for the prayers and I am glad to “see” you to.

Deborah Congrats on the weight loss!

Mary Wow I am glad you got help as much as it’s a funny story to tell after the fact it could have been scary if you got stuck out in the cold like that for to long.

Quinn Glad to hear your mom is on the mend.

Alison I love your giving up the couch for lent idea.

Julie Sodium is a big problem for me also both with blood pressure and weight loss and yet I find it so hard to keep it under 1500 I just discovered my salsa has been messing with my salt goal.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts and vibes sent my way today they all played a big part in me accepting a job offer with a company I am excited to go to work for. I will be doing 1 shift this week and next then full time as of March 6th so as much as I have enjoyed my 7 months off its time to challenge the brain and learn something new. I am still managing but this will be a new product and a junior team to train from scratch so it should be a challenge and a lot of fun, so again thank you all for your support. I had a horrible calorie day but I am ok with it since it was good food and a couple of celebratory martinis I will be on board tomorrow since I need to be wearing my work clothes very soon.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=N
Exercise 5 days: M=N
Squats 4 days: M=N
Ab work 5 days: M=N
Arm work 3 days: M=N
Calories less than 1400: M=1481
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-328
No sugar: M=N (martini’s)
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

I'm waiting on Tori to make a baby Huey crack at me.
Oh GAWD, I wouldn't do that.....I'm gonna be like Big Bertha at the Awful Waffle if I don't slow down this week.

Originally Posted by almeeker
You don't have to do the exact same workouts, (although I would buy a ticket to watch you Zumba) it's the minutes I'm challenging you to keep up with.
hahaha, that could be his punishment if I win this week.....a nice little vid of him on youtube doing Zumba!!!! I think I might PAY to see that

I know how you feel. You heard me let a couple F-bombs slip out.
honestly didn't even notice! I accidentally said it tonight while standing beside the cutestlittlegirlEVER! I felt pretty bad afterward. I don't think she or her parents heard me, but still I should have been more careful!

Originally Posted by crazigerl
I think I will always be the last to post as I am Pacific time and most of you have already gone to bed. The Internet at work blocks me so I can't even use comnpany time haha.
Have a great day every one. I too have to go to bed.
nope, it's me tonight...just got back to the hotel and am winding down. It takes me a while to get to the point that I can actually sleep!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:29 PM
FitDay Member

Well, all day camp out for parades was a BLAST!!

So glad that someone told us to pick up some chicken for the day. I think I devoured the last piece while watching the last parade. It's not every day that you can say that you were randomly eating cold fried chicken while standing on top of a cooler shoeless while a parade was passing!! But I can tonight!!!

I am going to load some pics to the laptop and will post a link to the album later (prbly some time tomorrow). That way I don't waste a lot of space here with random pictures that may or may not be discernable as to what they actually are!

But let me just say, I snagged the best float catch ever tonight! Actually had one of the guys throw me a beer!! Nasty Heineken, but still. I GOT BEER FROM THE GUY ON THE FLOAT! aaaannnndddd I even kept all my clothes on!

G'night all!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-20-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 02-20-2012, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Tori Glad to hear you are keeping your clothes on at mardi gras

Mern and Cassie I hope all is well with you both I went back to try to catch up on everyone and noticed you were not here last week either keeping you in my thought and prayers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.