Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-20-2012, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Tori Glad to hear you are keeping your clothes on at mardi gras
oh honey, no one wants to see Fat Girls Gone Wild!!!

Went ahead and loaded the pics...CLICK ME! For some reason they're showing last pic of the night first. Will have to figure that out when I'm more coherent.

It was a LONG DAY!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-20-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:50 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Check-In Time & Chat Later

Fighting off something still -- touch of dizziness/shakiness & generally not feeling up to par. BUT each day is better & I do not plan for this malaise to last all week. So therefore, I'm putting my goals out there with the idea that I'm going to finish off the week just fine. IF my sickness continues, then I'll readjust & go for it next week.

Mike & Amy - Is it OK that I'm going in for the 240 Minute Challenge as inspired by you two???? Just don't want to infringe on toes.
----------------------------------------------
FitDay Challenge *~* Daily Practice
Check-in: MON -
Sun = Cushion Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret to your success is found in your daily routine.” – John Maxwell

MON MISSION -> Water: 48 oz by 6:00 p.m. ACCOMPLISHED!
-> Plus I drank total of 64 oz. BIG accomplishment for me.

FIT (Focus ~ Intake ~Train)
FOCUS (3) Mind & Heart
*Audio Bible (10 chapt. min.) =
*Hlth Group (Bk Study -> 7 Parts) =
*Thankfulness Journal (Daily Entry) = x1

INTAKE (3) Nutrition ~^~ Lent: NO CHOCOLATE
.'. Think {5 Grain/Meat/Veg/Oils} & {3 Dairy~1½ Fruit} & {1-2 Extra}
*1600 Calorie = AT/BELOW x1 ::: ABOVE x0
*H2O (48 oz) = Yes x1 ::: No x0
*Supplements = Yes x1 ::: No x0

TRAIN (3) Movement * 240" Minute Challenge
*Aerobic (150") =
*Mindful Miles (10 mi) =
*Muscular (Each Area x2) = UEs x0 * LEs x0 * Torso/Functional x1

DAY (3) Life
DAZZLE: * FlyLady: Zone 4 (1') =
ADMINISTRATE: *Paper Trail (10") =
YARD (Outside) *Maintain (x3) =
Old 02-20-2012, 11:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
She's a well educated, highly organized sort who is trying to take over as the facility administrator, so they may be happy to see her go... lol.
Are we sisters? Geez, that sounds EXACTLY like my own mother. Only they wouldn't be happy to see her go, they'd be ecstatic!!!

Years ago my brother was in a rodeo accident out of state. It was a nightmare. One problem was they needed permission to treat (multiple times through the night) from a family member and everyone but me was on the road driving frantically to reach him. They all had cell phones, but it was before coverage was reliable. Anyway I was on the phone with the hospital all night long and through the next day. At about 5:00pm our time his surgeon and I were discussing the next course of action and in the background I could hear my mother coming down the hall, issuing orders and making demands, basically taking charge of the scene. So I very diplomatically said, "um, you gotta go, and I'm really sorry for what's about to happen to you guys", and hung up.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Well I achieved my "do someting new" goal in a scary manner. I flagged down an unknown jogger and asked him to come into my bedroom -- TO LET ME BACK INTO MY HOUSE! I was trapped on my upper deck when I went out to take down my Christmas lights. My new patio doors have an automatic lock on them which I forgot about until I heard it click shut. So I'm trapped on a deck about 12 feet up in the air with no way down! The unknown jogger was my first option -- I was still taking down the lights. If I'd been much longer I would have been throwing snowballs at the neighbours house hoping to get their attention. It was a beautiful day to be outside but the sun was on it's way down. So I covered 3 of my goals, got some exercise, got some fresh air and did something I've never done before. It was a first for my rescuer too. LOL I have now learned how to set the pin so it does not automatically lock. I may remove the lock if I ever do it again. Mary
ROFLOL, that is too funny. Quin's right it could have been worse, you might have been in your nightie or robe, worse still a short t-shirt and underwear. I'm glad you were rescued before you had to bomb the neighbors with snowballs.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, all. I'm late jumping in. Pledging simply for this week:

clean eating
64 oz. water
exercise 5 days

Wishing everyone a great day.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, wishing you a speedy recovery! With that dizziness and shakiness you may be wise to consider making an appointment with the doctor.

Darlene, congrats on the new job! I'm so happy for you. You are so sweet. Thanks for your concern, but I'm fine. I was down with a sinus headache the past two days and before that I was tied down with grandkids who had three school days off in a row.

Gotta go get the grandkids off to school. Will be back later.

Last edited by Mern; 02-21-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Tori, you can never go wrong with chicken and biscuits. Nice pics but I could see that as you vision became blurred, so did the pics. If you have a hangover stop by Walgreens and pick up some vanquish and you'll be ready to go again. I'm heading to NOLA now.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crazigerl
Kimbur – 900 calories is that like calorie cycling you would do 900 one day and 1400 the next?
Yes exactly. They say your body adjust very quickly to repetitive things i.e. the same workout over and over, the same foods over and over. I am quick to get in a routine/rut so to ty and jumpstart the weightless again I am going to eat 900, 1200, 1400 calories and repeat. This way everyday my body is getting something different.

Originally Posted by dar n
Kim Thanks for the prayers. I was just checking out your new dive video wow it is beautiful and yet I could never do it I was terrified just watching you guys go deeper into the caves, is the rope along the side so you can find your way back out? I admire your passion and bravery for exploring under the sea.
It is beautiful down there and so absolutely peaceful. Yes there is a "continuous guideline" to the surface. It's rule number one of cave diving. We all have many hours of special training in order to cave dive. Part of which is the ability to exit using just the guideline with our eyes closed, exiting by feel on the line. This is in case the bottom gets stirred up and reduces our ability to see to exit. It's not for everyone, but I love it. CONGRATS!!!! on the new job. WooHoo!

Originally Posted by fit4luv
[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Fighting off something still -- touch of dizziness/shakiness & generally not feeling up to par. BUT each day is better & I do not plan for this malaise to last all week. So therefore, I'm putting my goals out there with the idea that I'm going to finish off the week just fine. IF my sickness continues, then I'll readjust & go for it next week.
Fit hope you feel better. Stay hydrated it can make a difference in how fast you flush out the bug.

Mern!! Welcome back.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Just heading out the door to my meeting... hope everything goes well.

Tori,
I'm so jealous! I haven't been to NO for many years, but it still looks the same. Keep the pictures coming! I'll take a little "virtual mini-vacation" from here... I already have a fully stocked bar... lol.

Amy,
I think we are sisters... you described my mom perfectly. She's been giving them tips on how their facility "could run in a more efficient manner" if they just did X,Y or Z this week. She also informed one of the nurses that she "...should read the paper daily to be a better informed citizen". I've been bringing the paper to her and she's been quizzing the staff on their current events/government/history knowledge. The American History major in her seems to pop out at inappropriate times.

Deborah,
I totally agree. Control within my life seems to be a mental game that I play with myself. If I tell myself I'm in control, I am. If I allow other people to call the shots and push me around in one area of my life, other areas seem to follow. At this point, for me, it's just a matter of not getting too fatigued to maintain proper control. The minute I get tired, things get sloppy, including my eating habits. Taking time to sleep and rest properly has been really important to keeping all areas of my life in balance, even if that means catching an hour of sleep in the middle of the day... you have to take it where you can get it.

Have a great day!

quinn
Old 02-21-2012, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Going to hit the bottle hard today for Mardi Gras. I've got 15 bottles of water in my ice chest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.