Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-24-2012, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

) 6 glasses H2O daily. 11 boo yah!; 8, maybe 9; 10, 7
2) protein is my friend - eat this - yes; yes till it's coming out my err ears, YES, yes and then...no
3) sugar is not - don't eat that -yes, yes, yes, errrrrmmm...NO, OK, NO? I had some sugar, shoot me!!
4) Oat bran is yummy. Tell myself that as I eat it once daily.- yes, yum; I made it into a kind of gruel even Oliver Twist wouldn't eat and no one would say please sir I want more; yes more gruel, yes please sir I want more, NOT!!!
5) 20 minutes or more of movement a day (I mean I'm not 90 fer goodness sakes and there ARE 90 year olds more active than me. In fact, I know at least 3.) half hour at least; no; half hour walk, NO
6) be a stretchy mama - yes; yes - but no polyester!!!; yes stretching is saving my back from aching, yes
7) write two hours minimum a day 5 days a week - yup at least; class today; yes, 2 hours of sumthing was it writing?
8) stop being so pissed off at everyone which I'm telling you right now I failed Monday morning on a GRAND scale, an EPIC scale, hell, an OPERATIC scale, (chewed DH a new one, no, no, no two new ones while singing opera about "my rights") but will try for the rest of the day and the week. Yessir. - trying, EPIC FAIL, totally irritable especially at chore averse child: could it be lack of pretzels or any frigggin carbs?!? I ask you, YES I was a nice girl
9) stop cleaning DD's room for her, you dirty (or clean?) little enabler you - Yup ansd I did not pick up after her, make a special dinner or let her skip chores and she cleaned out part of her room : woo hoo; T: no room cleaning on anyone's part; W: left her to do her chores and told her no set building in drama tomorrow unless she gets them done beforehand; if not, she will be home to do em. Grrrrrrrrr..... YES DD and I made peace; she helped and we went to the health food store together and was very patient when I "embarrrassed" her, as usual, by actually talking and joking with co workers
Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Luv: You're so motivational! I'm glad your back is feeling better - we do always need to pick ourselves up. I try to remember that there's never just one path to fitness. If one path is becoming thorny, time to try a new path, as long as we're moving forward. Hugs for you!

Quinn: Totally nothing wrong with taking a break, but I feel like I just took one not too long ago To be honest, the trek from 175 to 160 has been really slow and rough on me, and taken like half a year to get 15 lbs. off. I know I'm working through a weight that I was at for my college high/school life and I think my body is just really resistant to losing such established weight. I'm not giving up, but it's been harder for sure. I agree that eating clean does help a ton with it, and I DO feel like my diet has fundamentally changed no matter what. So that's good!!! So happy to hear about your Mom, that's the best excuse ever to do a little celebratory eating!

Mern: Awesome sleuthing about your triglyceride levels! You knew there had to be a reason. I'm sure the REAL number is just as glowing as the rest of them once you get it!!! Angry does precede action, I had a great workout yesterday. BRING IT ON JILLIAN!!!
Being a scientist I do tend to have leeway with results. Nothing is ever cut and dry, there's always a grey area, and if the question comes down to "It could be this or that" 99% of the time the answer is "it's a little bit of both." It can be frustrating for sure, I'm with you!

canary: I hope the Dukan diet you did do was enough to kick-start you, I bet those were the most delicious veggies ever.

Amy: I channeled that anger SO HARD. The workout felt GREAT during and after. Maybe I just need to keep getting pissed off! I'm not one to do so easily, I have a long fuse, but when I do actually get angry, look the heck out! It's like a supernova. The profanity substituting story is absolutely precious, LOVE it.

Hi Kitt: There's a great plateau thread here: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...g-plateau.html -- maybe something in there will strike a chord Water always helps, and for me, a plateau is always an indicator that I need to do something different. Change the type of cardio I'm doing, add weights, maybe do more reps, try a new food profile, SOMETHING. Your body gets used to doing the same thing over and over and adapts. Time to throw it a curveball! I'm one of the ones that zig-zags calories to break a plateau a lot -- one day 1100, next day 1600, then back down etc.

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Calories between 1200-1500 T: 1,492 W: 1,250 Th: 1,362 (Week Average: 1,368)
2) Exercise 3 times this week, high intensity T: No W: No -- changing this goal!
3) Calorie deficit of 4,000-5,000 T: -312 W: -558 Th: -666 (Week Total: -1,536)
4) In bed by 11:30 every night T: Nope W: close, but no cigar Th: yup!
5) Protein between 25-30% on average for the week T: 27% W: 26% Th: 26% (Week Average: 26.25%)
6) 80 oz. of water daily T: 64 W: 64 Th: 80
7) Take my multivitamin!! T: forgot W: forgot again Th: yup!
8) Weigh in daily and post here T: 158.6 W: 159.3 Th: 159.9 F: 159.8
9) 30 Day Shred EVERY DAY Th: yes

Other Goals

1) Turn in 5 job applications this week T: 3 W: 3 more, like a boss Th: 0
2) Prepare for exam review by Thursday T: not yet W: no Th: yes, with plenty of time to spare before class
3) Take some "me" time every day T: Yes W: not really Th: yes
4) Don't sweat the small stuff T: I tried W: yeah F: yes

I think the 30 DS was good for me. And I'm happy today, because A) I did it and B) While I'm sore today, it's not the omg-I'm-going-to-die sore that I usually get after starting the Shred. It makes me feel like my body has actually changed and gotten stronger since I last did the Shred (which was maybe 20 lbs. ago? 25? Don't remember). Normally stairs and such are a no-go after the shred because my quads are just that sore. Today I'm sort of just sore all over. My quads and hamstrings might be the worst of it, but my arms and abs too. That Jillian, she's a witch. But I'm not left feeling like I need a recovery day (which I normally do after starting the Shred) but like I can do it again tonight (which I will!!!). I think I didn't realize the need for confirmation that my body HAS changed, but I have it, and I feel a lot better about it today. The scale wasn't up this morning either even though I'm sore (and probably retaining some water) so that was a nice surprise too. I fully expected a pound or two as I normally get that from soreness, but hey, I'll take it!!

I think I'm going to start aiming for a 700 calorie deficit every day. That'll let me eat about 1300 cals (which seems to really be my sweet spot for feeling full but still needing to plan it out) if I do the shred every day. It's doable and attainable while also being rigid enough that I need to take care not to stray. I feel good about this! First time I've felt good about what I'm doing for 2 weeks, so I will totally take it.

Still need to come up with a gym routine, but I have time to work that out. Feeling good, the weekend should be glorious!

~Terri
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Home is in sight....that is if we can get past Atlanta before rush hour hits.

I miss my Jasimonster!!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Home is in sight....that is if we can get past Atlanta before rush hour hits.

I miss my Jasimonster!!
Tori, I bet it feels good to be back home. BTW... you have to admit, that's one of the greatest songs of all time! If that doesn't make you break up the air guitar, air piano... and air mic nothing will!

My short update...

I ALMOST finished the week with 3 policies. One doesn't count towards my bonus b/c it's a flood policy, so I was looking at 2 "bonus worthy" policies. Going into this week I was needing 5.5 policies to make my bonus number. Now before anyone decides to kick sand in may face and say "almost doesn't count"... you're right. I actually DID write 3 but will probably write 2 more tomorrow, making it 5. Seeing that the week isn't over it should be 5. So without the 2 tomorrow I would have finished the week with 3. So that should put me a 4 "bonus worthy" policies. I should only have 1.5 to go I have 5 weeks to get them in.

Where's that dancing banana when you need it?

Oh, I think I'll be getting my Alabama license next week.

Cassie, I'm still waiting to hear back from my TM about Georgia.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori, I bet it feels good to be back home. BTW... you have to admit, that's one of the greatest songs of all time! If that doesn't make you break up the air guitar, air piano... and air mic nothing will!
couldn't get the link to work. Home Sweet Home by the Crue??

30 miles til I see the house! And the house cat!!! I miss my baby
Old 02-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
couldn't get the link to work. Home Sweet Home by the Crue??

30 miles til I see the house! And the house cat!!! I miss my baby
yes it was.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Default The cat is away...

and this mouse is about to go to bed. Damn I feel old.

The house is sooo quiet. I think even the ghost is sleeping or on vacation.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
and this mouse is about to go to bed. Damn I feel old.

The house is sooo quiet. I think even the ghost is sleeping or on vacation.
OLD MAN!! HaHa! Like I'm one to talk, this is the latest I've been awake in like a week!

I brought the ghost back home with me apparently, cause Jasmine is running around like she's chasing something. She's so silly!

Challenge this weekend? Think of something, I need to get the vacation weight back off. BOTH POUNDS!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Couldn't post much yesterday as it was date night. I was pretty pleased with my self as I was totally under my calories required for the day.

Originally Posted by canary52
You were reassuring Wild Beanerz but you also reassured me. I adore my daughter (even tho I too sometimes don't like her) and we have been going thru some incredibly DARK times. And I know I make it worse by getting angry. And I remember my Dad saying to me I love you but sometimes I don't like you and now I get it. I really really get it.

Canary, I will say it took me a long time to get over the guilt, did I do everything I could. Am I a good mother, why can't I reach her. The fact is I wasn't the best mother in the world but I was the best I could be. I did do everything in my power, sometimes it is just not enough. I am glad you found peace with DD

Mern, I did make it through the night without eating, as soon as I posted it for all to see the craving went away. Totally weird.

Kimbur it’s never too late to get rhythm- assuming you had it at one point. I would love to see my husband do Zumba, I’m sure it would be like watching him have a seizure. He has never had rhythm. He has a beautiful voice but is tone deaf and it's so sweet he doesn't know it as I would never tell him.

Went for a physical today so am looking forward to even better stats for my cholesterol etc. Blood pressure down to 101 over 62 which I thought was low but apparently is still normal.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'm going to do Zumba tomorrow with eye protectors on.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

just a quick hello as I have to get my stuff together to go diving

Mern congrats on the A1c that's awesome. The triglycerides it sounds like something thru off the test.

Quinn Very happy to hear your mom is improving.

Kitt welcome aboard. Lots of good info and support here.

Terri some quick thoughts on weight lifting. I do three sets of ten repetitions each. The weight should be heavy enough that you can barely finish the third set. When you can finish the third set easily it's time to move the weight up some. You can move it up for just the last set and then the second and then the first. Women do not have the testosterone that men do so don't worry about "bulking up" It takes years of hard, hard work and some drugs for those female body builders to look the way they do. I myself lift as heavy as I can 5 x week and I am far from being 'bulky'. I know a lot of women worry about that so i wanted to dispel the myth. Another good rule to follow is that muscles need 48 hours to repair so don't work the same muscle group two days in a row. Good luck I'll write more later if i get a chance.

As for me...welll the scale popped right back up that pound i had lost. I was devastated at first. But I know tomorrow is TOTM so i probably holding water. Then i went to the gym and they were doing free body fat testing so I had mine done. Mine was done back in september and was 25% I was hoping to be at 20% now with a final goal of 17% by the big dive in May. And......YES I was exactly 20%!!! So even though the scale is being a stubborn ox my body is changing for sure. I know it is i feel the clothes getting looser but seeing a number to confirm your hard work is always so gratifying.

Hope you all have a good weekend and get out there and do some thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.