Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-24-2012, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MAllen8
Hello to all..

I am Kitt and I am a newbie here (well, a new poster although I have used FitDay off and on for 4 years).

Question for all of you: how do you deal with plateaus? I have been doing SO well until the past 8 or 9 days. I have come to a complete stop as far as weight loss goes in spite of the fact that I have not eaten one calorie over my allotted 1000 per day (high protein, no sugars, low carbs). Also, I have worked out pretty hard (1.5 hours a day, 5 days per week).

I am not a huge water drinker and someone suggested that it might help me get past the plateau. Other than that, I am frustrated because I weigh myself twice per week and when there is absolutely NO movement of the scale for over a week I get discouraged.

Any helpful insights would be most welcome.
Thanks, Kitt
I'm going to second some of the other advice you've been given. Drink more water, 64 oz baseline + 8 oz for every 10lbs you want to lose. Work up to it and make a reward system for yourself. It also helps to find a single container and carry it around with you. I used to use diet coke as a reward for drinking all my water, but usually by the time I got all my water in for the day it was too late for caffeine and I ended up quitting that habit all together. Another thing I do is try to drink a full bottle of water between meals, my bottle holds 23.7 oz, so one with my morning workout, one between breakfast and lunch, one between lunch and supper and the last one I start with dinner and finish by 8:00pm. The last 2.4 oz I get with tooth brushing and taking meds.

I also wonder if you are eating enough, and how do your macros look? If you are eating 1000 calories you probably aren't getting any benefit from the workouts. You only gain muscle when your body gets enough protein to rebuild them after the workouts. So if you aren't eating enough all the workouts in the world are not going to help you lose weight.

I guess in your position I would go a couple of days at a higher calorie level (mostly protein if you can manage it) and change my workout routine.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Ketchup though? On a salad with dressing?
Thousand Island dressing is a mixture of ketchup, mayo and relish. It's dad's favorite, but when the bottle is empty, he'll improvise.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I did well at dinner except I left room - but not calories - for coconut cream pie. We all had dessert as I was dining with my brothers and we were remembering the fantastic desserts my mother used to make.
LOL at "left room - but not calories". But you know what, sometimes you have to live a little.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday's Crash and Burn Report

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400/day. 1,433, 1,420, 1,399, 2,168
2. 100 oz water daily. 72, 72, 100, 100
3. Execute exercise plan (should equal about 7 hours). 62 min, 35 min, 60 min, 70 min, 15 min (total 4:02)
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -680, -834, -828, -128 (total -2,470)
5. Protein 25% or higher. 22%, 18%, 27%, 21%
6. Log & report everyday. Y,Y,Y,Y
7. Last Monday 164. Post weight: 168.4, 165.4, 164.8, 165.2, 165.8 AF is winding up for a visit.

Other stuff:

1. Spend 30-60 min daily working on rabbit cages. N,N,N,N
2. Finish my little part of the taxes. N,N,N,N
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry. NN,YY,NN,NN
4. Call guy about elliptical parts. N,N,N,N
5. Distribute 4-H calendar. N,N, Printed it, N
6. Spend 1 hour daily working on Betsy costume. Y,Y,N,Y
7. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened.

M: I had a nice long chat with my mom, about nothing specific.

T: All of my History Club kids are going to districts (because they want to, not because they have to), save one, but he's totally excused, his hockey team made the play-offs which unfortunately fall on the same weekend. And here's the cute part, my hockey/history buff was actually trying to figure out if he could skip the play-offs and go to the history competition, but unfortunately he's on first string, and the kid who plays his position on 2nd string has a busted ankle (which is probably why the history competition looked easier eh? A 10 minute presentation vs. 3 hours of hard ice skating being chased by guys with sticks, no brainer there.)

W: I dropped off the History Day applications and the guy called me back and was really happy to hear that we had 5 entries, he wasn't sure there were going to be any from our school because the old sponsor retired.

Th: My DD's friend went home. Believe me that was a good thing. I know he's one of her best buds, but he's so rude and difficult I would not mind if that friendship grew apart.

Goals for Lent:

No white flour Y,Y,Y,Y
No white sugar Y,N,Y,Y
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off. Y,Y,Y,Y
No cheating. Y,N,Y,N
No profanity Y,Y,Y,N

Yesterday I had a couple of profanity slips. One was at History Club, because one of the best Davy Crockett quotes is, "They can all just go to He.., I'm going to Texas", this after he lost an election by a narrow margin. My little history man is using it in his presentation, and we were discussing how to get the best effect out of his one profanity. The other one was under my breath and I forgot to change "b----" to "gun", while driving (perhaps I have a road rage issue?). One of my other history kids is presenting Molly Pitcher, who was a German immigrant that swore like a sailor and fired cannons. But she's quite opposed to swearing so she's using German words that sound bad but aren't. It's hilarious!!! If you change a letter in the German word for "sh--" you get one that sounds about the same but means "clear story window", etc etc.

I also went over calories yesterday, head hanging low, it was just one of those hungry days. AF is on her way and I was just absolutely hollow. Today so far has been better, but it's still early eh? The kids want to go to Pizza Hut for lunch, but we'll have to see about that. It almost takes planning for something like that.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-24-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Well, leaving Louisiana behind. It's been fun but it's time to get home to my Jas! I MISS HER!!! And it's time to get back to doing what I have to do health wise. That's gonna be tough, but Day 1 was tough and I handled it.

Oh joy....long car ride ahead.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, just put yesterday behind you on both the food and the profanity. LOL
I had a "DUH moment" when I finally figured out who AF is. Glad the BF is out of your hair for now. Your history club sounds great--cute about substituting for the profanity in their presentations.

I just got off the phone with my insurance company and was happy to learn that they will cover a redo of my lipid panel test (cholesterol and triglycerides) if the doctor agrees with me that there is good enough basis to suspect the numbers may be invalid due to the over-the-counter meds I took for that 2 1/2 day long killer sinus headache. I'll find out Wednesday--haven't discussed with her yet.

Tori, have a safe and fun trip home.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, thanks for the lunch treat! I just enjoyed a low carb wrap filled with baked chicken, spinach and roasted red pepper. YUM!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Nice advice Hope. I think we all struggle with our goals -at least I do. The reason I have water intake as a goal is because of what you put there: flushing toxins, filling me up, and for other numerous health reasons. This is what motivates me to drink more and more. I value what you said here and am glad that you did. So please do talk!
Thank you, Luv!

BTW, Kitt, sorry I spelled your name wrong!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Thousand Island dressing is a mixture of ketchup, mayo and relish. It's dad's favorite, but when the bottle is empty, he'll improvise.
OK that makes sense
Old 02-24-2012, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope, thanks for the lunch treat! I just enjoyed a low carb wrap filled with baked chicken, spinach and roasted red pepper. YUM!!!
It's GOOD, isn't it? Now as for the other stuff I ate.... well, it wasn't bad (whole wheat soba noodles) but it wasn't low carb.... backlash...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.