Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I'm so glad to hear that your mother is doing so much better. I have two brothers, and both of them have moments when I could swear they were smacked one too many times with the stupid stick. But you have the right idea, you can't let it pull you down. I agree with the others that what he's really doing is trying to project his own guilt on to you. I think if he gets in your face again, it's time to point that out.

Mern, I'm glad that you don't believe that one bad test score. Your a real inspiration with that. The rest of the test results were so awesome, how could it be accurate? I'm sorry your sinuses have been horrible, I feel you there, mine have been nasty for the last couple of days.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Kitt The plateau will pass. You may need to shake things up. I think there is a Plateau thread somewhere here with good advise. Stick with it.

I did well at dinner except I left room - but not calories - for coconut cream pie. We all had dessert as I was dining with my brothers and we were remembering the fantastic desserts my mother used to make.

Quinn -- sorry to hear about your brother's attitude. I have run into lots of that both as a nurse and a lawyer. I was lucky that in my family we all appreciated everything that was done for dad during 10 years of Alzheimers. I've seen to many family where the ones doing nothing are critical of the supportive ones. Mary
Old 02-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Seeing as how Mike never got back to me about walking, I had to make my own plans. Currently sitting at a bar on Bourbon...

Y'all have a great night!!
Sorry, I've been so damn busy... besides I knew you couldn't hang.

Amy, so far I'm at 30, 30 & 30. I think Mardi Gras should count as something. Tori can attest that spending the day in NOLA at parades is one hell of a workout.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Tori, have fun on Bourbon Street and stay safe.

Hope, thanks--I'm sure the triglyceride test was a false read. If you're talking about that zero carb diet to jumpstart my weight loss at one time, it was the Stillman diet. I'm so much happier on the just plain general low carb the doc and I worked out for me, although I have been known to cheat on calories or carbs from time to time, but we won't go into that. That wrap sounds delicious! I have some low carb wraps, some chicken I baked today, fresh spinach and some roasted red peppers in the fridge. That'll be my lunch tomorrow--thanks for the great idea! One of my favorite "I feel like I'm cheating, but I'm not" dishes is a veggie omelet made with zero cholesterol egg substitute (like Egg Beaters but I use a cheaper store brand) and topped with two tablespoons of Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo sauce. The sauce is so rich and yummy, only 1 1/2g carbs and 1 1/2 carbs sat fat for 2 tablespoons.

Kitt, welcome. I went for over 6 weeks without losing an ounce and I was doing everything right that I knew to do. Sometimes our bodies just need to take a break and get used to their new weights before allowing us to lose more. Not fun, but that's life...
-- I'm not a huge water drinker, either, but it really is supposed to help. I aspire to 48 ounces, but most people trying to lose weight drink at least 64 ounces.
--go for several small meals per day if possible. When doing really low calorie like you are, be sure to not go for more than 4-5 hours without eating. If you don't eat often enough, your body will perceive it as a fast, slow down your metabolism and begin storing fat to save you from "starvation."
Best wishes--hope to see you posting often.

Amy, thanks for your encouragement about my tests and for your kind words. My sinuses have finally cleared--so sorry YOURS are acting up. Feel better soon!

Mary, glad you got to enjoy that pie. Must have been great sharing fond memories with your brothers.

Gotta go--wish we had more than one computer! Gotta share this with two others.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome , Kit. May I suggest something that sounds counter intuitive? Maybe you are eating too little. 1000 calories used to be considered a "starvation diet"; stay on that a while; it might make it tougher to lose.

Just a thought.

About water, drinking water actually helps you lose weight; it keeps you fuller and actually flushes excess water as well as toxins out of the body. But then again, I shouldn't talk. Lots of people her know about my struggles to drink enough water. It regularly appears on my goal list; that is when I am on this thread!
Old 02-23-2012, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default Kitt ~

Welcome aboard!!!

Great thoughts are already given about plateaus. If you click onto "FitDay's Best of Series" in my signature, you'll find information about plateaus and lots of other subjects. Vito did a great job in pulling together a lot of information & is still in process of doing more (as I understand).

I know what it feels like to be "stuck". I feel for you.
My quick take on plateaus:
1. Sometimes the body needs to "catch up" to all the changes we are making with our bodies.

2. Changing something with nutrition and/or with activity can switch it around for you.
There are lots of thoughts as to how to do this.
With nutrition - some people "zig-zag" their caloric intake. (I haven't done this so far.)

With exercise, I'm finding out that there are numerous ways to change what you do for a bit. An example would be for aerobics is to change from walking mostly to doing some swimming instead.

You may want to visit both the Food Forum and the Exercise Forum as well.

ETA: I by no means am an expert. Just learning along with you.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-23-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Welcome , Kit. May I suggest something that sounds counter intuitive? Maybe you are eating too little. 1000 calories used to be considered a "starvation diet"; stay on that a while; it might make it tougher to lose.

Just a thought.

About water, drinking water actually helps you lose weight; it keeps you fuller and actually flushes excess water as well as toxins out of the body. But then again, I shouldn't talk. Lots of people her know about my struggles to drink enough water. It regularly appears on my goal list; that is when I am on this thread!
Nice advice Hope. I think we all struggle with our goals -at least I do. The reason I have water intake as a goal is because of what you put there: flushing toxins, filling me up, and for other numerous health reasons. This is what motivates me to drink more and more. I value what you said here and am glad that you did. So please do talk!

Terri ~ Didn't I see somewhere that you wrote that you lost a pound!? Congrats to you on your perseverence when it seems like nothing will change.

Mern~ Awwww . ..Thank you for all your kindness shown to me. I really miss it when you can't make it to the board, but understand that you have a household & people in it to keep you quite busy.

Awesome & Yahooooooo!!! Wonderful, glorious test scores. I agree about the other "bad" ones. I really think too that it must be a false read.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-23-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Edited out a few sentences.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, have fun on Bourbon Street and stay safe.
Thanks Mern! We're pretty responsible drinkers. One of us always knows when the other has had too much and will cut themselves off. Unfortunately tonight, the responsible one wasn't me. SOMEONE suggested a plethra of drinks to me, and well, I just had to try most of them Again, lucky that one of us always stays responsible, otherwise I'd had been calling someone from Slidell to be my DD

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Sorry, I've been so damn busy... besides I knew you couldn't hang.

Amy, so far I'm at 30, 30 & 30. I think Mardi Gras should count as something. Tori can attest that spending the day in NOLA at parades is one hell of a workout.
At least you knew....

And OMG, Mardi Gras SHOULD be on the list of activities. There's bobbing and weaving tryin to get to a Port-a-Potty. There's jumping to grab the beads. There's Cooler Dancin' (maybe that's just me and my friend ) And then my personal fave, Beggin' for Beer from the Float Riders. It's a WORKOUT!!

Had a good last day. Spent a lot of time walking today, although it wasn't very strenuous, but luckily my feet didn't swell too badly (score!). As it stands, can't wait til next year!! (It's been decided, it's gonna be a yearly Girl's Week Tradition).

Sorry I haven't kept up with everyone personally. Next Week! I PROMISE!!!

Calling it a night, when you start drinking early in the evening, you call it a night fairly early too.

Didn't bring the camera in from the car to load pics tonight, but will as soon as I can.

'Night!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
So are you saying that you were bare-foot cooler dancing? I think there is something about being a spectator, but it's not really a workout, it's just more moving than you do at your day job. Since you can't count "begging for beer" and "jumping for beads", you'll have to log "spectator". IDK are either of those activities listed? It's worth a check, there are enough oddball ones listed it could be there.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Kitt, here's another plateau breaking resource:

Low Carb Diet Tips & Basics - Weight Loss Stalls and Plateaus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.