Notices

How to maintain weight loss?

Old 03-18-2010, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Question How to maintain weight loss?

I'm just curious. When I reach my weight loss goal, will I be able to start adding some calories to my diet, or am I doomed to eat like this forever? I have lost 20 lbs. and have 40 lbs. to go. I just want to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel : ) Any tips out there?
Old 03-19-2010, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

You'll be able to eat your 'maintenance' calories and won't have to restrict anymore, i.e. my maintenance calories, according to fitday, are around 1900 as I selected that I am seated most of the day. Yours will depend on how active you are.

Personally, I can't imagine what it's going to be like to eat 1900 calories per day, it just seems like loads - but I'll have a good go when I get there!
Old 03-19-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

littlelenna, I went from 140 to my goal of 125 and have been maintaining for a little over a month now. I haven't changed my eating a whole lot since I quit dieting. I do notice that if I keep my eating "clean" (lots of fruits, veggies, and lean meat) I'm fine. If I start indulging in bad carbs (breads, cereals, etc.) my weight comes up pretty quickly.

You'll be able to eat more calories, but have to keep the healthy eating habits going if you want to keep it off. (At least that's been my experience.)

Hope this helps.

quinn
Old 03-19-2010, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

When I get to where I want to be, I'm going to give myself a range. I want to be 135, so my range will be 133-138. Still will weigh in regularly, so when I'm creeping up on 138 I can crack down, get toward 133, rinse and repeat.