Notices

Well, this has never happened before...

Old 03-18-2010, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Well, this has never happened before...

I take arthritis medication twice a day, typically I can barely reach the center of my shins. Two weeks ago, I could just barely touch my toes. Tonight, I was stretching, one leg straight, the other leg bent with my foot on my inner thigh. While stretching toward the bent leg, my forehead touched my knee!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Default Go Lizzie!!

It's great that you're improving your flexibility! What progress; congratulations .

I like the idea of a thread of "things that have never happened before"...
Old 03-18-2010, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Wow..thats impressive!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your progress in flexibility, Lizzie! Stretching is so good for us and I usually don't think about it unless I'm tight, so it's something I need to incorporate into my workouts on a more consistent basis. Thanks for the reminder!

I also like the thread topic you choose! Sometimes it's easy to overlook "firsts" or personal bests as we strive to improve our fitness or make more healthy choices. And we need to celebrate small and large victories.

So I'm celebrating

Today I did not want to work out. But...since I was at the gym and didn't work out yesterday, I took the body out on the floor and hoped the mind would follow. I tried an exercise I haven't attempted in at least 4 years because I sucked at it. For those of you that spend a lot of time at the gym, its a diagonal chin up using the smith machine bar set at waist level. My fantasy is to be able to do real chin ups, and I haven't reached that goal yet. This exercise is kind of like training wheels for chin-up wannabees. Well this time I didn't suck and completed 3 sets of eight. Glad I stepped out of my comfort zone.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome for you, Beth!

My firsts this week were actually feeling hipbones and making it to 13 side planks (been trying to add 1 each time to get to 15...geez those are hard for me!).
Old 03-18-2010, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

YAY YOU! Way to go Lizzy! Congrats!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Great job everyone!!!

Congrats Lizzy! That must have been an awesome surprise!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie: Congratulations on reaching #13 on side planks! Those are so good for your core. Great job!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go ladies!!!! 13 side planks? Wow I'm so jealous. I can do about 1 1/2 and then I need some aspirin. I can't even imagine touching my head to my knee cap, my boobs always get in the way. But maybe someday...

I had some firsts this week too. I bought some t-shirts in size medium. Okay they were men's shirts and they are still tighter than I usually wear them, but I can get them on and wear them in public without popping open the seams and getting myself arrested.

I also caught a guy checking out my behind? I catch guys all the time looking at my chest. I'm well endowed and it is what it is. But never once in all my days have I caught anyone checking out my fanny. I weigh nearly 200 pound, I'm clearly a fat girl. So the next time I'm near a mirror I give it a look just to see what there is to see. And guess what? All those many miles on the elliptical are um, starting to pay off. It's still a wide load to be sure, but sporting just a hint of booty-licious. Whoooo hoooooo!!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

LOL; wish I had enough to get in the way!

Medium shirts? Way to go! A medium is a medium, right?

I like this firsts thread. It's exciting to see how people are doing in way that's not tied to scale numbers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.