Notices

Well, this has never happened before...

Old 03-23-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Today when I stepped on the Wii Fit balance board, the little BMI needle did not go all the way to the top of the "obese" dial. It's a tiny smidge below that. And that my friends has never happened before. I also discovered that I'm no longer "mobidly obese", now I'm just "obese", since my BMI has dropped below 35. Whooo hoooo hoooo!!! I'm sure that I have been just "obese" before, but it's been long enough that it's like it never happened.
What a great first that was Almeeker! This is so cool to read and I've got a feeling we're going to be reading a lot of "firsts" for many of us!!

Cassie: 25 minutes without having to walk in between is a big milestone! I'm not a runner and usually need to slow it down after 5 minutes or so to replenish my oxygen. Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Default Two words for you, Beth...

Go. Slow.

I can't even consider it running; more like a jog, like 4.5 mph. Again, it really helps to have my heart monitor so I know I'm in a good heart rate zone...not too light, not too hard.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Will do. I HATE shin splints!
Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

This morning my 8 year old DD said to me "mom that shirt looks awful on you". Which totally caught me off guard because normally she doesn't say anything about clothes at all, and I like this shirt it's a lovely shade of peacock blue. So thinking I don't really want to know, I take the plunge and asked her "Why, what's wrong with this shirt?". Then she said "well it's just huge, it's a shirt for a big fat lady, and well you aren't fat anymore." Isn't she sweet?
Old 03-24-2010, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

LOL...buy her whatever she wants, now, al!

It's awesome when other people notice!
Old 03-24-2010, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
LOL...buy her whatever she wants, now, al!

It's awesome when other people notice!
I would but believe me, I can't afford it. Her Christmas list read like a Best Buy catalog, if you know what I mean. It was very nice having her tell me that I wasn't fat anymore. Especially since last week after I told her that I weighed less than daddy, her response was "Are you sure? 'Cause your butt is still way bigger!". Kids - you gotta love 'em.... Cause if you didn't they'd end up at the curb with a "FREE" sign stapled to their forehead.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Aw Aren't kids sweet sometimes. They are so honest when it comes to that. Even my DS (who is 18) was showing his friends some old pictures and he found an old one of me and said "Look how much weight my mom lost! Isn't that awesome!" TOTALLY floored me!

Almeeker, enjoy your success! Good for you!

Originally Posted by almeeker
This morning my 8 year old DD said to me "mom that shirt looks awful on you". Which totally caught me off guard because normally she doesn't say anything about clothes at all, and I like this shirt it's a lovely shade of peacock blue. So thinking I don't really want to know, I take the plunge and asked her "Why, what's wrong with this shirt?". Then she said "well it's just huge, it's a shirt for a big fat lady, and well you aren't fat anymore." Isn't she sweet?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

My new "first" is a record BMI number of 20.04! Woo hoo!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
My new "first" is a record BMI number of 20.04! Woo hoo!
Soooo jealous I could just spit on the monitor. 20.04 WOW!! Very impressive.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn: Lookin good girl!

Almeeker: LOL!!! You cracked me up when I read the "spit on my screen" comment! You are doing great and will get where you want to be, one day at a time. Wonderful sense of humor!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.