Community
Notices

I almost regret losing weight now

Old 04-06-2012, 09:13 PM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to say a couple of things.
1 I ruptured a triceps muscle many years ago which means that I have a HUGE bingo wing on my right arm that cannot be fixed without surgery but there would be a high risk of nerve damage so I learnt to live with it by wearing 3/4 sleeves in summer. It's more noticeable now that I'm slimmer but the overall look of my body is so much better that it now looks like an injury and not just an additional blob of fat.
2 I have a lot of strange scars on my stomach from surgeries so even without the flabbiness I wouldn't be wearing a bikini but again my silhouette in a swimsuit is so much better that I won't mind doing the walk to the pool.
Men who cannot see past some excess skin aren't worth bothering with, I'm not pretending that the first time unveiling yourself in front of him will be easy but pretty lingerie really helps. You are being way too hard on yourself, you've changed your life and should be enjoying the new you. Health, the ability to move around easily and an overall better appearance wins out over some loose skin. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Rubystars
I don't know what exercise to even try to do to be honest. I have a physical job. I walk, climb ladders, and lift somewhat heavy objects all the time. Both my arms and legs are tired after I get home from work so I know I'm working both my upper and lower body.

There might be some specific exercises for these things but I'm really afraid I'm going to end up eventually needing full body contouring to look normal but then if I do that, I'll have scars and I don't know if I could even afford anything like that. I've heard it can cost $25,000, which I don't think I would be able to afford.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad if I'd inspired anyone else at all but I'm not feeling particularly inspired myself at the moment.
Hi Ruby,

I lost from 318 to 158 and am 5'10. I was 32-33 at the time. Everyone is different. But my skin did NOT bounce back. I did have 25k in plastic surgery. It is a personal decision. However, when I met my husband I had not had surgery yet. And he is fit and athletic and fell in love with me for me. I am not going to be modest here...with clothing on I was very striking, and naked I was very insecure about my body. But I was honest with him before we were intimate and he made me feel great about myself. I had the surgery for myself and for my clothing to fit better. It isn't any easy or cheep solution, but don't think you won't find love. Find your confidence and go for it. I still have lose skin on my arms and I just have learned to deal with it. I let myself get that heavy and I refuse to no wear tanks and sundresses. I live in TX and is HOT and we are on the lake a LOT. Most of our friends we boat with have "perfect" figures, and you know...I have accepted I don't/won't and they see me for me...not my figure. As for scarring..if you find the right surgeon it fades and is barely noticeable after a year or two...and I had a tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation. So keep the faith and get healthier...it is worth some saggy skin...I'd rather be a saggy size 6 than a full size 26W anyday of the week!

Take Care,
TexasLady