Notices

I almost regret losing weight now

Old 02-25-2012, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the link. I don't know how much good exercises will do but it can't hurt.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

I lost over 100 lbs over a year ago and I too was worried about my saggy everything. When I was gaining and got up to my peak weight, I never looked at myself. Now I look in a full length mirror every day. I am willing to get to know myself. I work hard to keep using the same tools I used to lose the weight but now to keep it off. I wake up physically feeling great which makes it all worth it! I would rather have the healthy body I have now over daily burden of moving around all the excees weight. I have gained my weight back in the past because I kept trying to be perfect. I celebrate being healthy and staying healthy. That's what works for me today.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tleect
i lost over 100 lbs over a year ago and i too was worried about my saggy everything. When i was gaining and got up to my peak weight, i never looked at myself. Now i look in a full length mirror every day. I am willing to get to know myself. I work hard to keep using the same tools i used to lose the weight but now to keep it off. I wake up physically feeling great which makes it all worth it! I would rather have the healthy body i have now over daily burden of moving around all the excees weight. I have gained my weight back in the past because i kept trying to be perfect. I celebrate being healthy and staying healthy. That's what works for me today.

amen
Old 03-23-2012, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Rubystars
Even though I'm in my 30s I had still hoped I might be able to get married one day but I don't think anyone will be interested in marrying someone who only looks good when they cover everything up.
I agree with everyone here - your skin will tighten up in time and with moisturisers and the right exercises, it will tighten even more. It's natural you'll still have the loose skin right now if you're still in the middle of losing weight but don't let that destroy your motivation.

I also wouldn't worry about it getting in the way of finding a partner. The type of man who won't consider you because of a bit of loose skin is the same type of shallow man who wouldn't consider a woman because of her size. Would you want to be with someone like that?

You can do better than that and you need to keep reminding yourself of that if you want to find a man who'll love and respect you for who you are no matter what.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:20 PM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA
Default Quick Note

I just briefly skimmed over everyone's comments. They look really positive and true! One super important thing though, is weight and strength training. It will build your muscle giving your body more lean, and less sag. If you do core work outs, your stomach will get fit. If you do weight machines/use weights properly your arms will definitely get thin and toned up. I had the exact same fears, but it really makes sense that weight training will build up my muscle, making my skin get strong, and those parts of my body lean. Sorry if I'm copying what anyone else said!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

I find using a body brush or loofa in the shower and VIGOROUSLY applying moisturizer afterwards really improves the texture and appearance of skin. I am 50 and have had three children so my belly is not the prettiest bit of flesh, but at least it is well moisturized! To give skin the best chance of reshaping it needs to have a good supply of blood, and massaging cream in regularly seems to help mine.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

You need to lose no more than 2 pounds per week. Otherwise, there is a risk for lose skin.

Even so .... you can still excersice. It will help. Also get surgery for it.

Cheers.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by shamans
You need to lose no more than 2 pounds per week. Otherwise, there is a risk for lose skin.

Even so .... you can still excersice. It will help. Also get surgery for it.

Cheers.
This is kind of lame in a way because it's not like you can tell your body "You will lose no more than 2 lbs in a week". If you have a lot of extra weight and you start eating a reasonable amount of food and it just melts off right at first, then you really can't control that.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Ruby...I just wanted to second what someone said about the type of man who wouldn't want to be with you because of extra skin. That is part of you hunny and if he can't love all of you then he doesn't deserve any of you.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Rubystars
This is kind of lame in a way because it's not like you can tell your body "You will lose no more than 2 lbs in a week". If you have a lot of extra weight and you start eating a reasonable amount of food and it just melts off right at first, then you really can't control that.
Agreed. It really can't be controlled. There were times where I dropped 3 pounds in a week and I wasn't starving myself by any means. Just eating clean and exercising vigorously is what did it. And I didn't wind up losing that much as many here. I've bottomed out at around 40 pounds loss now (started in the 180's and now @ 139) and even though it's not that much of a drop, relatively speaking, even *I* have some loose skin here and there. Even though the loss was not that much, and the loss rate was nearly optimal most of the time. So this excess skin thing is really a crap shoot in my opinion. It seems inevitable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.