Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-17-2012, 05:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I can do that. You should workout tomorrow since it'll be raining all day.
I might just make that happen. After I visit with my cousin and his family for a bit. They're excited to see me!!
Old 02-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Default Typical me stirring the pot...

Long story, short. GFs brother fiancee is lazy. She can only cook hot dogs and he said they she lays around making a mess. Having her is like having a kid that you have to clean up behind. So when I saw this post I had to respond... the only way that I know how. Click the thumbnail and enjoy. Comments?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Thursday and Friday Check in

Morning all,
Sorry I'm doubling up again, but it's the best I can do right now. So busy at work, but still staying on track with eating, but I could do better with exercise and water, but I'm getting there. The weather is really nice today so I'm going to try to get out for a walk at some point.

1200-1400 cals 13531269 1314 1395 1199
80 oz water YesYes YesYes No
Treadmill T-Th-Sat T-YesTh-Yes
5000 steps on non TM days 40055963 5675
8000 steps on TM days 7208 6875
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times. YesYes Yes
Post here every day YesNo Yes No Yes

Kay- Sounds like she is incredibly insecure, don’t let her get to you. Glad your conference went well, enjoy your hike! The weather is awesome here too, I would give anything to get outside, maybe a walk at lunch today!

Mike- Congrats on all the policies, you are doing so great! Sorry about your daughter’s car, just be thankful she wasn’t in it!

Kim- Put last week behind you and jump back on the wagon!

Tori- Have a wonderful trip!

Crazigerl- Welcome! We all have slightly different goals, it doesn’t matter what they are, just post them and we’re here to help you stay accountable and give you support if you need it!

I know I probably missed someone and I apologize, Have a great weekend everyone!

Julie
Old 02-18-2012, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Tori,

I'm really proud of your weight loss achievement. I signed up for fitday about 1 year ago. Never did anything serious about it and actually gained more weight. My current weight is over 200 lbs. can you share some of your weight loss secrets with me?

Thanks
Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Long story, short. GFs brother fiancee is lazy. She can only cook hot dogs and he said they she lays around making a mess. Having her is like having a kid that you have to clean up behind. So when I saw this post I had to respond... the only way that I know how. Click the thumbnail and enjoy. Comments?
I think it's perfect!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

I took my hike along the Appalachian Trail. It was kind of overcast and not as nice of a day as yesterday, but the hike helped clear the cobwebs out of my head. I hiked about 8 miles in all. I'm not sure exactly how far. Normally I would have tracked it on my phone, but I forgot to charge it last night, and didn't want to risk running out of juice while hiking alone.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

sauererc ~ Welcome aboard! I find Tori a great inspiration as well.

Julie ~ Look at all that green you have going this week. I'm truly impressed.

crazigerl ~ You sure can play! Glad to see you jumping in.

What happens is that every Monday a.m. a new thread is started. You set your health goal(s) & make it to suit you. Everyone is at a different place in life & health. If you want to work on one habit for the week, then do that. If you want to do more, help yourself. In other words, whatever makes sense to you.

I aim to make my daily/weekly goals
*Realistic
*Healthy Habit oriented
*Time - Framed
*Specific

ETA: I don't always hit the mark with my goals, but at least I try.

BUT each person will decide what works out best for them - I haven't seen any rules. Hope to be seeing more of you.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-18-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sauererc
Hi Tori,

I'm really proud of your weight loss achievement. I signed up for fitday about 1 year ago. Never did anything serious about it and actually gained more weight. My current weight is over 200 lbs. can you share some of your weight loss secrets with me?

Thanks
Thanks for the kudos! The real key for my success is the fact that I am DILIGENT in logging my food. The good, the bad, and the ugly!! I had no real clue what I was putting into my body. And now that I do, when I find myself reaching for the bad stuff, I hesitate. I don't always say no, but I'm thinking about it now. That's really it. I try to workout at least 3 times a week, but sometimes that just doesn't happen. I also try to get at least 3 good walks in during the week. Find out what you like to do, and DO IT! If you like walking, DO IT! If you like going to spin class, DO IT! Etc. etc. Again, it doesn't always happen, but I try. I've cut out most of the crap in my diet, and I keep my calories within a limit that works for me. It's nothing insanely difficult. If I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm not hungry, I make myself eat. That's it.

When I don't feel like doing something, I at least try to do it. (Don't read anything I've posted the last 2 weeks though, it's been ugly ) Sometimes I need to be pushed into doing it. Mike does a good job at telling me to GOMA. Most of the time, for me, all I need is someone telling me DO IT! And sometimes I need someone to challenge me to do something. I'm ultra competative, so someone saying "I bet you can't do 20 miles this week" is usually all it takes, then I strive to do what I can. I have yet to hit those 20 miles, but I got 17 in in one week. Which is a personal record.

I would say good luck to you, but I don't think luck has anything to do with it. It's Hard Work and Dedication!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-18-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: sometimes, when I type, my thoughts don't come out so clearly
Old 02-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Tori, it doesn't look like you are drunk posting... are you sober?
Old 02-18-2012, 05:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
I find Tori a great inspiration as well.
awww Luv--BIG THANKS!!!
Tori, it doesn't look like you are drunk posting... are you sober?
believe it or not!! Although I am usually fairly coherent even when intoxicated. But this time, sober. I had 2 beers with dinner (yummy nummy Red Beans & Rice w/ hot sausage.....YUMM-O) I can't say that my goodness will last all week.....still have 5 days left.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.