Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-16-2012, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I'm right there with you at the front of the wagon. I think you & I should be cracking the whips this week! We are on a roll!
We should!! We got this under control this week.

Speaking of cracking whips, anybody seen Mern???
Old 02-16-2012, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--Walk M W Th--can't Friday cause we're leaving-didn't walk because I had a better offer, N, N---A BIG BUST THIS WEEK!
2--drink some more water, woman cannot live by diet mountain dew alone-on bottle 2!!, failed miserably, shaking my head, yay me!! got more water in than normal
3--get at least 3 good work outs in before leaving-Zumba, N, N, Zumba....I plan on getting up early and getting a workout in, not sure it'll happen though
4--weight loss? I'll try!!-starting weight Monday morning 208.4 UGHH, STILL 208.4, 207.6 (woot woot, finally going the right way), 205.6. wait, what's that? yup 2 lbs down from yesterday and a total of 2.8 so far for the week. I won't officially consider myself past the 50lb barrier until I'm under 205.0, but I'm inching closer and closer!!!

Life
DONE!1--make sure all clothes are washed and ready to pack by Wednesday--YES
DONE!2--run by WalMart and pick up new eyeglass case--YES
3--spend some quality time with Jassie. Bless her little kitty heart, her momma is leavin her for a week-she played with me for ohhhh 2 mintues, then said "uh uh, Gramma gives me TREATS!!!", Yes but she kicked me in the face and cut my cheek and nose, Yes and she's been a terror all day!, Yes and she's curled up sweetly beside me now. Like the good girl she is
4--pack no later than Thursday night--Getting. Up. Right. Now.......
5--DO NOT GO TO JAIL-so far so good!, not so sure I won't come tomorrow morning, I still haven't been locked up , no jail=GOOD

I'm still flying a little high from last night. I gotta bad case of the Warm & Fuzzies......

Going to pack now, NIGHT Y'ALL
Old 02-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

I think it was Darlene that was asking when I'm going to get my bike. I'm trying to hold off for a year and a half. We'll see how long I can last.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Red face

I here, and I'm checking in. That is one goal I accomplished. The rest of it has been a train wreck! Maybe not that bad. My numbers aren't too bad, but I worked on assignments instead of exercising tonight, and I didn't remember my vitamins, and it is nearly midnight and I still need to start a load of laundry so the sleep thing isn't going to happen.

Rant
So far this week, I found out my DS is failing language arts (but I talked to him about it tonight, and am feeling diplomatic and solution focused for tomorrow's meeting. We're going to revise his IEP). I also finally nagged my mother into going to a doctor. She fell several weeks ago and has been having debilitating back pain. Turns out she fractured a vertebrae. But the icing on the cake this week was the accusation that I am having an "emotional affair" with an ex-boyfriend. The accusation is from his wife and not my DH who is completely unconcerned. I haven't talked to my ex in 18 years, but we've been messaging back and forth on Facebook and now that somehow constitutes an affair.

I think that stress has been a huge factor this week, but I intend to rally this weekend.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:31 PM
FitDay Member

Okay. I'm all packed (well, except what I'm waiting on in the dryer, but that shouldn't be too much longer). I even have lunch packed for work tomorrow AND my travelin' clothes all ready to change into when I get home. Now I'm ready to go! BUT! I have to work tomorrow first. UGH!!!! I'll weigh in before I leave, may even snap a picture so no one says I'm cheating I'm not real sure how much I'll check in after tomorrow afternoon. But I am taking my laptop, and the hotel has free WiFi, so I may be sober enough to check in a time or two. No promises though Y'all have a great weekend! I'm gonna go do my eyebrows and toenails, by then the dryer should be a buzzin'!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
FitDay Member

Tori. Enjoy your holiday, did I miss where you are off to? Wherever it is have a great time.

Off for some culture today at a local art gallery and craft fair and then we head for the city and our overnight stay with dinner at a lovely restaurant. BF is putting me to shame by having already done an hour on the cross trainer at 08:00 this morning. I am going to buy a Zumba tape today as dancing seems to be the only exercise I can get excited about.
Have to call my son to check that he fed the cat last night, I know that there is another cat sneaking in through the cat flap and eating his munchies at night when Henri is sleeping up in my room and it's much stealthier and quieter than old Henri Thunderpaws who sounds like a herd of wildebeest coming through the back door.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
almeeker ~ On de-cluttering: One thing I do is keep a "give away" box. So as I go about my day, I can put things into that box. When the box is full, then I take care of it. But still, I've so much to go thru. It seems as if this last year the 2 girls changed suddenly and are done playing with certain toys. Even in the kitchen, I just got rid of some drinking bottles. Why am I always looking for that perfect drinking bottle????
I too have a "give away" box that acquires things as I go about my day. It's the "take care of it" part I struggle with. I think it might be a placement issue, currently the box is in the basement, out of site - out of mind. So I only think about it when I have something that needs to be balanced precariously on top of the already over heaped pile. I think the next time I get to the down and dirty cleaning that needs to be done, I'm going to put that box smack dab in the middle of the room I'm cleaning, so "taking care of it" is part of the cleaning. Although the last time I brought it upstairs it ended up sitting in the corner of the kitchen for about a month. Ugh. I think it's also about the "list", we itemize our deductions, so I need a written list of the contents before I take it somewhere. What I should do is put clip board or notebook with it and write the items down as they get added, because right now even the thought of generating the "list" gives me a headache.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Check-in:

1. 1300 calories max. 1214, 1298, 1388
2. 2 big sports bottles water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 5 fruits and veggies daily. 5, 6, 5
4. 6 hours exercise this week. 30 min., 50 min., 2 hrs, 20 min.
5. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes

I'm bummed I went over my cals today; I wanted an all clear week (hey, where are you, MERN?), but I was really hungry tonight. I took a long, challenging hike today and between the exertion and the fresh air, I've just had the hungries . Hope all are doing well...
1388 doesn't seem so bad. My hungries can clock in at 2000 or 3000!!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
I here, and I'm checking in. That is one goal I accomplished. The rest of it has been a train wreck! Maybe not that bad. My numbers aren't too bad, but I worked on assignments instead of exercising tonight, and I didn't remember my vitamins, and it is nearly midnight and I still need to start a load of laundry so the sleep thing isn't going to happen.

Rant
So far this week, I found out my DS is failing language arts (but I talked to him about it tonight, and am feeling diplomatic and solution focused for tomorrow's meeting. We're going to revise his IEP). I also finally nagged my mother into going to a doctor. She fell several weeks ago and has been having debilitating back pain. Turns out she fractured a vertebrae. But the icing on the cake this week was the accusation that I am having an "emotional affair" with an ex-boyfriend. The accusation is from his wife and not my DH who is completely unconcerned. I haven't talked to my ex in 18 years, but we've been messaging back and forth on Facebook and now that somehow constitutes an affair.

I think that stress has been a huge factor this week, but I intend to rally this weekend.
This is a lot of stress and I hope things go better for you. As for the FB "affair" sounds like someone is insecure.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

My goals this week:
1) stop eating so frigging much: N, N, tried strict diet, backfired; somewhat less
2) drink some frigging water for goodness sake:N, a little more but N, Y, Y but even on the Y, should have been more (It's water, put it in a glass or bottle; drink it how hard can this be?)
3) stay on this thread: got on, still here, here, here in spirit (had to bring DD to doctor, fight insurance company on visit and meds, those howling jackals, etc. Do jackals howl BTW?)
4) be a stretchy mama: N, N, Y and Y

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.