Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks to everyone for saying my soup sounds great It's just a really simple soup but I was really inordinately proud of myself for making it, hahaha. I felt like I was a real cook at that moment even though I was just boiling meat and adding root veggies.

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals

1) Keep calories between 1200 and 1500, with an average for the week between 1200 and 1300 M: 1,154 T: 1,656 (Week Average: 1,405)
2) Exercise 3-4 times this week M: yes T: No (Week Total: 1)
3) Calorie deficit of at least 5000 M: -1,233 (whoohoo!) T: -155 (Week Total: -1,388)
4) At least 80 oz. of water daily. More is better. M: 80 T: 64
5) Protein average between 25-30% for the week. M: 27% T: 26% (Week Average: 26.5%)
6) In bed by 11:30 every night M: yes T: Not even close
7) No more than one lunch and one dinner out this week (This will be really hard this week, considering V-day) M: no eating out T: Dinner out
8) Weigh in daily and report here!! M: 160.4 T: 159.0 W: 158.6

Other Life Goals

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes T: yes, through two costume changes, haha
2) Don't sweat the small stuff M: yes T: big yes
3) Get in four job applications M: 1.5 (one was an e-mail inquiring, not an official app) T: 0
4) Write down something wonderful that happens every day M: First parts for new computer arrived! T: All parts for computer arrived and put together - we're having a windows issue, but everything else works!!
5) Perform one random act of kindness a day (Did you all know it's "Random Act of Kindness Week" officially in the USA?? I didn't even know that existed!) M: Helped in delivery of a DVD to someone I don't know. T: Did extra help on an experiment - though that wasn't really random, it was still kindness!!

OMG you guys, I though I ate enough salt to make myself a mini-ocean yesterday according to the fact that we had Romano's Macaroni Grille for dinner, so imagine my entire shock when the scale was DOWN this morning!! My calories are a best-guess since Romano's doesn't provde complete info for nutrition, but I will take that 158.6 and run with it all day!!!!! Hopefully it won't bounce back up suddenly!

Had a great V-Day. Have a very busy day today at work and co-worker drama brewing, so I don't have too much time to chat, but hopefully I can catch up later tonight!!

Happy Wednesday!

~Terri
Old 02-15-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz of water M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Walk at lunch unless freezing & windy (this week may be bad for walking) M: Windy & 27*, T: a little over a mile - still cold out but did 3 laps and went to the store,
3. Carbs less than 50% (new at this one so not setting it too low) M: 56%, T: 52%,
4. Work out 3 times by Friday (I know I won't on the weekend since hubby's home both days) M: No, T: No, W: 1hr,
5. Weigh and post daily M: 262.4lbs, T: 260.4lbs, W: 260.2lbs, Loss this week: 2.2lbs
6. 500 calorie deficit daily M: -1021, T: -1206, Deficit this week: -2227 calories

Life Goals ...
1. One day at a time M: Oh Lord, I need help with this one right now...I'm doing it but it ain't easy, T: Not getting much better,
2. Cross-stitch at least 3 times (can be done on lunch at work to count) M: 45 mins on lunch, T: None,
3. Finish weekend laundry M: No, T: Nope, W: one in the dryer and one in the washer
4. Make sure son's clothes are ready for Valentine's Dance Thursday night.... Awwwww! M: No, T: No,

Another good day fitness & nutrition wise. This life stuff really sucks though. We did not do anything for Valentine's Day. Actually didn't even tell each other Happy Valentine's Day. First time in 19 yrs. We are so emotionally drained right now that it is starting to affect us. I refuse to let it hurt my marriage but right now we are both so edgy that we can pick an argument over nothing. Here is what is going on and I hope nobody takes this to mean that I don't want him to come home..... In white:
Monday afternoon I got a phone call on my way home from work telling me that they have a release date for my son of Friday. Do I think he is ready? Hell no! He hasn't done anything except get on a medicine that keeps his anger from escalating so fast. He is still so angry and over things that shouldn't make him angry. They feel he doesn't need their level of care anymore. I can kind of agree but I don't feel he is ready to be let go home where there are opportunities to be unsupervised at times due to work/school hours. The partial hospitalization program he was attending also told the hospital (NOT ME!) that he would not be allowed to return there for his daily schooling leaving me to find somewhere else for him to go. That can mean up to a week or more of him not having anywhere to go during the day while I'm at work. I expressed my fears about that and was told that if I don't have a solution maybe I should contact CYS. WTF? I am the one doing everything for my son possible to get him the help that he needs and they want me to call CYS? Not happening! I am really thinking that since Friday is a tenative date that when it gets here, he won't be released. And that will give me more time to get him pre-enrolled into another schooling program. It takes time to get the referrals and everything that are needed. I can't just do it by myself. And that sucks! I hate relying on other people to do the things that I could so much better get done on my own. The other thing they are telling me is that even though they feel he is ready, if I don't think he is to just get him home and if I feel it's getting out of control take him back to crisis and have him readmitted. Why not just keep him where he is until he is safe? I just don't get it. I am so frustrated. I want to cry at any given minute. I think the people around me have figured out not to ask what's wrong now. The other thing they are talking about is that it really may not be best for him to come home full time yet but that he doesn't need a hospital so maybe residential treatment for 6months to a year might be best but that could take 3-4 weeks to set up and I should try having him at home for that period of time. They just don't understand what they are doing to my family with all this indecision. We are a very structured family. We do things very similar at all times and don't deal well with upheaval.

Sorry if that doesn't read well and jumps back and forth. It just kind of spilled out once I started. If anything doesn't make sense please ask and I will clarify because I come off wrong a lot of times without knowing it.

Now aside from all of this I have to report an unbelievable act of willpower. This morning one of my vendors popped in with a delicious smelling sausage croissant from Burger King for me. Do you know how long it has been since I had one of those flaky buttery croissants? I smiled, said thank you so much. Then after he left I picked up the bag and carried out to the other department and asked if anyone wanted it. I gave it to our temp. She is a tiny little lady from the Philepines (sp?). I was so temped! I just knew I couldn't do that to myself. It would have cost me more calories than my hour long workout burned this morning!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Julie ... Good job on yesterday even with lunch out with coworkers!

Mern ... We had leftovers for Valentine's dinner too. More shepherd's pie. And there are still 2 servings in the fridge.

Tori ... I feel for your neice. I was the girl who was the star basketball player all through elementary school because I was so tall but couldn't make the team because I "wasn't fast enough" <~read as "Too fat" when I got the junior high and all my friends that tried out made it. It does just suck. I do think that maybe writing them a letter even if she doesn't mail it would be therapeutic....Sorry you are missing CN. He is someone you can bounce your thoughts off of from what I gather and now you are going to have to find someone else for that. Other than us of course!

Kim ... Your videos are gorgeous! I am so jealous! Just wanted to put that out there. The only ocean I have ever been in is up to my armpit in my living room tank!!!

Kay ... Too much chocolate? Did you bump your head girl? I don't think there is any such thing!!

Amy ... WTH were you thinking? 4 parties? OH my Gawd! You made it through without a bruise in my opinion!

Terri ... I'm so glad you got a scale drop despite your salt....I hope your coworker drama is nothing major. It sucks to have tension in the workplace.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

Default Is there a shrink in the house?

I know that I've been super busy and haven't been planning ahead, which is PART of my problem.

Basically here's what I'm going through...

I think I may be a little obsessive and possibly compulsive and this may be my problem with getting back on the wagon. This may not make much sense and maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way.

When I began, I was obsessed with eating right and losing weight. Been there, done that. Next step is to maintain... been there, done that. I wanted to do a race, might as well sign up for a 1/2 marathon right? Been there, done that... again and again... and again. I think 5 or 6 halfs. I think I may be losing interest in eating right. I don't think I'll even lose interest in working out.

My new focus is in a totally different direction. Getting this bonus, wanting to get a new camera and get into making some fun/creative videos.

I feel like I have tunnel vision and good clean eating is slowly slipping out of my tunnel.

Tori asked me if I felt I was susceptible to gain the weight back. I absolutely know I am. She asked if I was okay with it. I'm not. So how do I make it a priority?

I know when I get a bike, I will be refocused on being fit b/c when you are on a bike... all eyes are on you, expect for the idiot that pulls out in front of you.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Yeah, it's bordering on afternoon, but technicalities people! I'm in a decidedly better mood this morning. I had my tear fest last night and I'm done with it. April, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles today. It can be incredibly frustrating when you're trying to do all the right things, but it seems like it's all blowing up in your face. Keep your chin up, and do what you know is right. And WOOT WOOT for saying no to that buttery delicious crossiant from BK. I still have one of the guys in our store who will occasionally bring breakfast, and it's so hard to say no. So I've taken to accepting his gift and then regifting it to one of my drivers on their way out the door. That way the coworker doesn't see anyone other than me eat, if you get my drift.

Thanks everyone for understanding my frustration over DN1's not making the team. It just seems like she's being punished for being good at whatever she does. Granted, she wasn't "the best" yesterday, but she's still an overall better player and more consistent than the other girls in the long run. One of the coaches actually came to a youth league game last year and kept raving about how good she was. So, I agree with Amy, it's like because she couldn't come to the OPTIONAL conditioning, she's being punished. She called again this morning, and said that she was scared to go to school this morning because she doesn't want to get made fun of for not making the team. And I don't really think that any of her friends would do that, but still, I understand what she's going through. I just wish I could make it all better, but I can't. See this is why I don't need kids of my own, I can't handle it!!

April, CN is the one I bounce things off of. Always has been, and that stupid bastard had to go and leave. j/k I know that he didn't want to leave, it's his job. It still makes it harder when I have these things come up and he's not there to call. I'm gonna have to find another sounding board. Besides you guys that is, y'all do a great job and I am uber thankful for all of y'all's advice and support. I'm gonna go hunt me down some cowboy boots now. I was given the cutest dress by my SIL and cowboy boots would look darling with it.....catch up with ya later!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-15-2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: spell check didn't check
Old 02-15-2012, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

I just had to share this. My silly cat is a bird watcher. She gets all excited and her tail starts twitching when the birdies are in the yard. Well knowing this, my Deddy went out and bought a couple of feeders and put them right outside the bedroom window. (yeah, you read that right, my dad bought bird feeders for my CAT). Anyway, she was so excited this morning cause it looked like we were in the middle of an aviary, and I snapped the following pics.

She's so precious....
Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I just had to share this. My silly cat is a bird watcher. She gets all excited and her tail starts twitching when the birdies are in the yard. Well knowing this, my Deddy went out and bought a couple of feeders and put them right outside the bedroom window. (yeah, you read that right, my dad bought bird feeders for my CAT). Anyway, she was so excited this morning cause it looked like we were in the middle of an aviary, and I snapped the following pics.

She's so precious....

How cute is she?! I love that orange stripe from the corner of her eye!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
April, that sounds like maybe insurance is making the call. Oftentimes in inpatient you have to justify six ways till Sunday to keep people additional days. A partial program would be ideal and his is the situation it is designed for, are they morons? Can you and your husband grab a date night or two and keep that topic of conversation off-limits? Aw, I hope it gets better for you soon. There are no easy answers. Does he have a social worker or pt. advocate that could help you out?
I thought maybe it was insurance too. So I called them. I had a nice long discussion with them on whether they were requiring him to be released. They tell me that it is not them. Are they lying? Maybe. But they say they are not requiring his release. They do evaluate his placement every 5 days but have nothing in their records indicating that he needs to step down out of that facility. ... The partial program he was attending just called me. They are, now, not ruling out that he can return there when released. They were acting on my anger that he ran away from there starting this whole process. They said they thought I didn't want him to return there. ... I have a case manager. She is supposed to help me find other options for his care, set up an IEP, etc. Mostly she just nods and agrees with whatever I say and does nothing then. ... Tuesday we have a CASP (or CAST) meeting involving everyone from his home school district to the inpatient facility that he is currently in. They say it is to decide the best course of action for him. I just wish this meeting could have happened before a release date. But I guess that would only make sense to me. Partial is still also talking about recommending a RTF for him. Honestly, I don't want that. But if it would give him a nice stable place to be and they wouldn't have to step down his care because of the length of time that he is there, it might be a thinkable option. And if they do allow him to return to partial that would solve my day time leaving him alone problem until RTF could be established.

So much to think about and really seems like nobody has any answers. It is all maybe, probably, somewhat. I just want a definite answer on anything!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Didn't bump my head, but I gave myself a migraine with all the chocolate. Of course, having a migraine meant I didn't exercise at all.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
STUPID VALENTINE'S DAY! I know everyone else is all "Oh, Happy V-Day" but not me. My honey is out of country, so BOO HIISSSS!!! There, I think I feel better now.

Checking in for the night. I had to run to WalMart to get some stuff, and spent way too much money (again). It's what happens when I shop while pissed. And no, I still haven't calmed down. The poor child called again while I was shopping. Sobbin' and snotin'! She kept asking why they would let her try out if they knew they weren't going to pick her. Of course, I had no answer for her. So I told her the only thing I could think of. Cause they sucked. Plain and simple, they suck. I wanted to use harsher language, but she thinks I'm perfect, and I don't want to ruin my rep She also asked how she's supposed to go to school in the morning and face all of her friends. Poor kid wears her heart on her sleeve......

Gonna go cry myself to sleep now. I miss CN.....
I feel for you. I hope today is a better one for you and yours. Sorry to be late in responding to that. Your kitty is so super cute.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.